Home

Patch is coming (consider it "rumor" for now)

XanaJedi

Well…I hate to tell you this, but you were right. It’s a definite bug in the game. We’ve fixed the code on our end for a patch, but until the patch is available, there’s no way to work around it on the client end other than continually refreshing your server or by hosting your server through GameSpy Arcade".

sigh

Originally posted by Igor_Cavkov

so ur one of the employe?? or how its spelled lol

but anyways are u or are u just missguiding us?

Igor man, go to that link he showed on the first post, scroll down a bit and look for that quote. That quote is from Ken who works for Raven who talked to a Programmer from Raven about the problem and emailed someone back from the forums that PrimoSidone posted.

Just wanted to let every one know, a patch is on the way that will address the master list issues and we are bringing kicks back as well.

p.s. emotes are gay so we decided to take them out.

George Lucas sent that to me in an e-mail.

Since it was between quote tags and posted by a regular forum user you know it has to be legit.

Originally posted by George Lucas

Just wanted to let every one know, a patch is on the way that will address the master list issues and we are bringing kicks back as well.

We are also planning on banning anyone that uses the word lamer in any Jedi Academy server at any time. Expect to see everything GEEZus! requested in his patch thread too.

p.s. emotes are gay so we decided to take them out.

100% original

Raven has already expressed they want to make patches, it's a question of if LEC will let them. Mike Gummelt said something about some fixes in a patch or SDK, Rich Whitehouse said Razorace's animation fix would be put into SP, and James Monroe recently replied to an e-mail I sent him reguarding some single player save game loading code:

Right. if/when there is a patch, all the fixes we put in and tested out

in the demo will make it into the retail patch. (standard disclaimer :

lucas arts has control over when/if there is a patch.)

-James

Raven will patch, the question is if LEC will.

They either patch the game in order to fix this BULLSH1T bug regarding the masterlist, and do so without altering the gameplay (see 1.02 to 1.03 JO upgrade), or I stop supporting their crap software with a server that stays unlisted.

And I promise you I will never come out of pocket to support ANY Raven game in the future.

Get your act together fellas.

Originally posted by Lord Sokar

They either patch the game in order to fix this BULLSH1T bug regarding the masterlist, and do so without altering the gameplay (see 1.02 to 1.03 JO upgrade), or I stop supporting their crap software with a server that stays unlisted.

And I promise you I will never come out of pocket to support ANY Raven game in the future.

Get your act together fellas.

It's funny you mention that. Jedi Outcast came to me in warez originally [ which of course is a practice we do NOT in any way endorse on these forums ] and I LOVED it so I made sure to support Jedi Academy by shelling out the 50 bucks. Now I can't even see 90% of the servers out there..lol ;) Most people set up servers for themselves and a few friends and we're left with the few. Hopefully, they'll patch this up soon.

Originally posted by Emon

Raven has already expressed they want to make patches, it's a question of if LEC will let them. Mike Gummelt said something about some fixes in a patch or SDK, Rich Whitehouse said Razorace's animation fix would be put into SP, and James Monroe recently replied to an e-mail I sent him reguarding some single player save game loading code:

Raven will patch, the question is if LEC will.

You know, you'd think they'd just let them patch the game at will. I can understand LEC not PAYING Raven to patch the game after a few patches, but to not let them release simple patches not done on company time is a bit weird.

I'd have to say this is legit - the tone of the Kenn quote sounds legit enough, having read communications from him in the past.

And he's pretty much the head of Raven - and he's very adamant about responding to end-users.

So, um, hey, chill out, the game will be patched. I really doubt that any of the suggested gameplay fixes get implemented though, but that's what mods are for.

Archived