Home

Lucasarts President RESIGNS.

Sherack Nhar

Originally posted by Rogue15

most interesting....maybe we'll get to see another xwing title now. :D

I doubt it. It was Larry Holland who said he was tired of working on that series, as far as I remember.

What scares me is that Simon Jeffery was appointed as new president of Lucasarts a few years ago in order to "bring back Lucasarts to its former glory". I guess that proved to be an impossible task...

Originally posted by another_trooper

Its not impossible. . .

Itll be really hard, but not impossible.

What sux right now is that only cheap ripoffs and remakes are comming out. They should take the time to make a good, well covered ripoff of a good game. :D

Some of their ripoffs were actually good though (think of JK and KotoR)

However, most of them were just not good enough to pierce through the market (SWGB)

Perhaps the new pres. will rip bliz's next engine (SWGB2 with a possible SC2 engine? that would be cool :D)

The president of Lucasarts doesn't make the games....he mainly makes sure things stay on tracj. No doubt there'll be a new president, a stronger president...one who will not let our.....sorry. Got carried away there.

Seriously; Lucasarts will no doubt focus extremely heavy on the Star Wars franchise the coming years. I'd expect at least 10 games before 2005, most of them developed with an outside software team, like JK II was.

Originally posted by Eets

TAKE IT BACK!!! TAKE IT BACK! :mad:

JPB was a great game! :mad:

Yeah, i really enjoyed that game. It was just about impossible, but hey, we all like a good challenge, right?

Anyway, i tend to see all this as rather unimportant. Lucasarts is doing everything prefectly nowadays: contracting Star Wars games out to big and successful comanies while using more of their own abilities to produce original games, arguably what they're best at.

Originally posted by Eets

TAKE IT BACK!!! TAKE IT BACK! :mad:

JPB was a great game! :mad:

Heck yeah. The graphics sucked, the storyline didn't make sense, the fighting system was clunky, so was the interface, and the game was buggy as HELL... but somehow, by some unknown power, the game was MAD FUN!! :D

Well I don't wanna be mean, but I guess that for every bad news there's a good news accompanying it ^_^

I'm glad Gaber is out. Sure it's too bad that the guy is out of work for a little while, but I'm sure he'll find some other company to work in. At least now he won't be making any more Star Wars RTS, which is definitely a good thing for this license...

Originally posted by Darth54

I just hope the new guy in charge of RTS (if there's a new one) will be more... creative... than Gaber *cough* ripoff *cough*

Correction: not more creative, but less extremist.

Force Commander tried to innovate too much, and after its failure Gaber went completely the other way and was way too conservative with GB.

Gotta find a balance, y'know? :D

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

Correction: not more creative, but less extremist.

Force Commander tried to innovate too much, and after its failure Gaber went completely the other way and was way too conservative with GB.

Gotta find a balance, y'know? :D

failure? Force Commander? What the heck you talking about???

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't call it a failure... lets say it was an under the average game.

:atat: :atat: :atat: Arg!! I want HUGE AtAts with a cannon special attack which does 1K dmg!!!

Archived