Home

***New Zam Speeder Thread***

NeoMarz1

Here is the new thread, Thanks to everyone for pointing out my webpage errors. Its all good now, so go ahead and visit my link (posted below).

ok, so now lets start out on a good note...

I have the all the tags, and bones in the file, along with the speeder. Can someone tell me what are the basic, tags and bones? I dont need the gun swivel, or fin tags right? Also do the model parts need to be weighted? And how is the hierarchy set up on vehicles. Mars out

Zam's speeder can be seen on my site...

http://www.geocities.com/neomarz1@sbcglobal.net/

BYE

Originally posted by Scoundrel

No one post comments? I think that this guy would like to get some feedback.

Awesome, I really like that model. (Erh, actually I like every SW vehicle, but..) Good job on it, what probram are you using? 3D Studio Max?

3d Max... Yeah its pretty cool piece of software. Thanks for the resoponse:D Mars out

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by ObiKast

Any news? :confused:

Actually very good news! Sorry but Ive been waiting for the moment to release worthwhile news. I had a bit of trouble getting the speeder ingame. Duncan fixed up a few of the flaws, and sure enough the speeder is now "INGAME". Unforunately I cant find any good sounds of Zam's speeder, so I'm using the Swoop sounds for now (which seem to work well for the model). I added a shader to it, and it looks great! The control issues are being worked out, I want this to be a playable model, So I made to versions. One called "zamspeeder" which performs like a speeder bike. It seems to work well on single player missions (in the speeder bike missions). The other is called "zamspeedermp" for zam speeder multi player. This one is designed to fly like a suborbital craft. Basically you can fly all around with this one. I put weapons on the craft, but for some reason it doesnt fire in multiplayer. I know we had the opposite proble with the snow speeder. I am putting together some screenshots right now, and I will post em soon! Mars out!

Originally posted by Lil Killa

have you tryed maybe taking the sounds from the movie?

Well yes I have, but my method is a little primative, the end result is pretty bad.

At any rate, here are the screens I promised. So I have an almost complete model set. The screens feature...

1) My latest Zam reskin (Modeled by myself)

2) My Zam rifle (yup, I modeled that too ;) )

3) My Zam speeder (did I mention I modeled that as well)

Only thing missing is the Zam pistol, which is modeled, but I havent been able to get it ingame yet... I should be able to figure that one out. Here are the screens... Just go to the Zam Ship Icon!

http://www.geocities.com/neomarz1@sbcglobal.net/

Mars out!

Originally posted by DarkLord60

For AOTC:TC Ive tried everything to get a sound that sounds like it and I cant imatate one I can only make anakins speeder. thats it. oh and NeoMarz arnt you making this for us.

Well Yeah, but I need to get access on the new site. Right now I can only log in as a typical user. We need to get this model posted soon. You know how I am about that :D I have submitted the Jango model to JK2files, but they are posting very slow lately. Anyhow I am going to shoot over to our site, and see if I am in yet. As soon as I can get in, we can post this for Beta. I think I just sent you the speeder file, so check your mail. Mars out!

Originally posted by Alexi Vocheski

wow awsome man, now i can play as your zam model and shoot and fire while flyin around in her speeder!:)

Thats the idea Alexi! "TO BECOME ZAM!", you just got to buy the helmet and tight fitting outfit. :D Well maybe I dont want to think about that... Scratch that last thought! Mars out

*******Update*******

Zam ship control is coming together really fine. I was able to fly both varients through the entire "Trip levels" (Speeder bike levels) in JA! Hardly any crashing, and that means a lot coming from me ;) It seems to be very playable with the right maps. Mars out

Originally posted by ObiKast

Goooood Good good! ^_^

Nice work man! ;)

Next you can do the Slave 1 of Jango Fett, to we play with your Jango model, and with your slave 1 model. :rolleyes:

I may do that, A funny thing happend... Duncan was testing the model, and he thought I should fix a couple of surfaces that were see thru in the cockpit. I actually modeled the interior cockpit, in case I made the windows tranparent. I only did this for anyone that looking into the vehicle. It was a complete accident that this detail showed up in first person veiw. I plan on going back and detailing the interior more, so that the interior looks better while in first person. As it stands now you can see the interior, but this skin work is pretty basic. This could turn out to be a benchmark for JA vehicles... At least I hope. I'm going to post screens for that as well, so you can see what I am talking about. Mars out

lol, im glad your one of those modders who keep in mind that they want the players to "feel" what its like being zam, to live her life exactly how its portrayed in episode 2, and...

*gets shot by a poison dart from Jango*

ok maybe it was a bit too real...

anyway good work man:cool:

is it possible to go in first person view in vehicles? that could be absolutly fantastic, Mars, the zamspeeder will turn out to be the new benchmark. and the driver i would keep invisible, cause it has no usable sitting animation. anyway from thirdperson view it isnt visible and first person neither. if you fix the cockpit interior problem, the transparent windows would look cool. let us know how it work.

btw, can you imagine a AT-ST first person view?

btw, can you imagine a AT-ST first person view?

I believe there is a First Person view for the AT-ST but it's really crap, you just see the two "eye" type things and the front gun.

Swoops have a cool FPS view, especially when zooming around. :D

FPS views are SP only though....last time i messed around a vehicles it was of course. ;)

Originally posted by imyourfather

Have you already fixed the problem that couses it to be able to shoot only once?

Not really sure what the problem is. It may be a tag issue... Maybe single player and multiplayer is setup differently. Like I said it work fine in Multiplayer (sometimes the shots arent visable)... I think vehicles are kind of querky for JA. I'm gonna mess around a little.

On another note, I woder if the cockpit is visable on the snowspeeder, or did you take it out? I havent tried that yet. It probably wouldnt look good since I didnt model the inside of the canopy. Mars out

Oh by the way.... 1st Person is "P" key I believe (OBIKast). Mars out!

Archived