Home

Lord of the rings RPG

"Our attention must no longer dwell on me," Atalanta said, breaking the silence. "War is approaching you. You must do something about it."

"My son is not here," Theoden said suddenly. "Where is he? I want his opinion in this as well."

"My Lord," Eowyn answered sadly, "your son was waylaid by orcs and killed."

Theoden's face turned stony and he stood to leave the room. Eowyn tried to go after him, but Atalanta stopped her. The two of them stared after the king as he left.

Soon after, there was a funeral for Theodred. They all went to it and watched as Theodred's body was carried into the tomb. When Eowyn began to sing, Atalanta's voice joined in the song. It was clear she had heard it before and knew it well.

Not much later, the company was back in the Golden Hall discussing what would be done about the war.

"Saruman will attack you," Gandalf told Theoden. "You should ride out to meet him. Drive him away from Edoras and keep him away."

"I will not risk open war," Theoden said stubbornly. Atalanta sighed and Aragorn looked up from where he was smoking.

"Open war is upon you," he said. Arvin agreed.

"There is no way around open war," he said. "Saruman will empty Isenguard against you. It must not come here."

"Neither Arvin nor Aragorn are king of Rohan," Theoden snapped. "I alone bear that burden and I will not fight."

"What is the king's decision?" Gandalf interrupted. Theoden turned to look at him.

"We will make for Helm's Deep," he finally said. Atalanta's eyes turned to the ceiling, as if in despair. Gandalf stared at the king for a moment, then nodded. He stood and left the room with much of the company following him.

"They cannot hold Helm's Deep," Atalanta said, hating to be so negative toward a place in her own country. "Not with so few men."

"They flee to the mountains when they should stand and fight!" Gimli exclaimed.

"Who will defend them if not their king?" Arvin put in. Aragorn was less harsh.

"Helm's Deep has worked in the past," he said. Atalanta frowned.

"Yes, in the past it has," she said. "But this is not the past. This is the present and there are fewer men to guard it now. It cannot be held."

"You all must be there," Gandalf said. "With you, the defences must hold, but I must say, Theoden is walking into a trap this time. Atalanta, Aragorn, Tepe. The defences have to hold."

"They will hold," Aragorn said. The others were wondering why Tepe had been singled out as well, for a few of them had not been there for Tepe's declaration. Gandalf leapt up on Shadowfax and rode away at high speed, racing for Eomer and his men who were on their way north.

Atalanta motioned for Tepe and Aragorn to follow her and they went just outside the wall of the city.

"They will soon give the order for the city to be emptied," she told them. "I fully believe we can keep Helm's Deep to ourselves, but I cannot help but wonder at the price we will pay."

"It may be great indeed," Aragorn said. "If only Theoden would send out riders. Gandalf has gone after Eomer, but we could also call on the help of the Elves. Lothlorien is not far away and I feel they might answer the call, seeing who Tepe is."

"There will come a time when our fellowship will separate once again," Atalanta said thougtfully. "I wonder that our three paths may lie on the same road."

"The Paths of the Dead," Aragorn said. "They are very close, but we must not trust ourselves there yet. Our need is not that great."

Soon after, all of Edoras was emptied, the inhabitants making their way to Helm's Deep.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tepe looked the people leave the town. Tepe was standing on the empty city walls. He blowed on his silvery and Arin horn and many other horns answered. Tepe looked around and saw many messengers ride towards Lorien, Rivendell and the hidden city of the elves, Vanyarmîr(Golden elf jewel). Tepe climbed down the wall and mounted his horse. He rode fast in front of the group. He got past the other and when some of the group that had followed him, tried to join him, Gandalf stopped them and they got back where they were before. Gandalf looked towards Tepe that disappeared behind a hill. The huge group of men, wizard, elfs etc arrived into helm's deep. Many had died when the wolf riders had attacked them. Aragorn stayed with Legolas on the gates to make sure everyone got in. Then they closed the gates.

Hours past and the night fell. Helm's deep was lighten only by the torches around the walls. Then one guard saw a huge army of torches come towards them. When the army got closer, they could hear Uruk-hai sing their evil songs that mocked the elfs and humans. The army got even closer. People were closed to the caves and everyone who could wield a sword were on the walls. A black rain started to drop down.

Tepe rode infront of an army of thousand and some more elves that were armored and armed on the finest armors found in Rivendell, Lorien and Vanyarmîr. Tepe sang a quiet and sad song as they got closer to Helm's deep. Tepe rode a flag where was a picture of two trees, one gold, one silver. The wind made it flap when they got closer to the battle that was raging. Tepe got to the battle part in the song and the army started to sang it too. The elves attacked to the startled Uruk-hai's that turned and attacked back.

• 2 weeks later...

(How about we speed things up a little? It's a little difficult to post a fight that took a full night.)

When the battle seemed lost, Gandalf and Eomer rode down into battle and saved the day. (I know it sounds a little corny.) The Uruk Hai, the ones who were supposed to be fearless, fled the battlefield into a forrest that seemed to grow overnight. None of the Uruk Hai returned from that forest, a forest of Huorns from Fangorn.

There on the battlefield, Atalanta had gotten separated from the rest of the party, but she rejoined the company in driving the orcs into the forrest.

"I feared that you had been killed," Arvin said. "Aragorn was worried that he would have to walk his road alone."

"Not alone," Atalanta replied. Arvin took it to mean that she had not died and would be joining Aragorn, but she knew something that neither Aragorn nor Arvin knew.

Even if Atalanta had been killed, the Paths of the Dead would still be accessible. There were three swords made to resist the dead blades, but only two were needed to subdue the dead. If one of the three owners were killed, the other two could still enter the mountain and gain the help of the dead.

All three, Aragorn, Atalanta, and Tepe were still alive and well. The dead ones would submit without question once all three swords were revealed.

For now, the company rode to Isenguard, where they found Merry and Pippin feasting happily on the broken walls.

"An unexpected sight," Atalanta called to them. They waved happily.

"But not an unpleasant one?" Pippin asked. "We are enjoying a few well earned comforts."

"Hobbits," Gandalf muttered in mock frustration. "We are here to see Treebeard and you hobbits will come with us."

"As you like," Merry said. He hopped on the horse with Atalanta. While speaking with Treebeard, Gandalf noticed that Saruman had come to a window.

"Is that my old friend?" he said sorrowfully. His voice sounded as if he was old and tired. It persuaded many of the men to feel sorry for him. "Will my friend Gandalf come up to me?"

"I will not," Gandalf answered. "You would do well not to ask."

The others sighed in relief. The two wizards continued to battle with words until Saruman was broken. From a higher window, a little present was given by Wormtounge. Pippin picked it up, but Gandalf took it quickly, much to the relief of many of the older ones there. The Palantir was not something that Pippin should be handling.

With all of this done, they rode back to Edoras and found the citizens had all been able to return in the time that they had been at Isenguard.

Tepe stepped next to Theoden, sorrowing about his son on the graves. Tepe looked the grave. "We should leave now to help Gondor, my lord" Tepe said and looked at Theodens face. "Why should we do it, Lord Tepe? Is that the path that was meant to us? To help the betraying ones? To die in a battle with our kindsmen for nothing?" Theoden said quietly. "My lord, you saw what Saruman do. And he has only Isengard. Mordor is a huge, black land where the every growing evil lives. Theoden, if you do not battle now, Gondor will be crushed and then will come Rohan's turn. You know it as well as me and everyone else. Now risk yourself to an open war or be crushed if you like, but I am not going to stand here any longer with a coward like you" Tepe said and turned to Edoras and walked towards it, being grabbed by Theoden. "You shall say nothing like that to me, you hear!? We may go, we may not go, but still you have no confidence in me!?" Theoden shouted and Tepe grabbed his arm that let go. "You have to lead your people to the war or else you will never have this beautigul land, it's forests or hills where the wild horses live!" Tepe shouted back and walked into Edoras.

Theoden started to think about the war and Mordor and many things as he walked slowly towards Edoras. When he got to the palace, he saw the elven army get ready to leave. Tepe had taken the first step. The step where Rohan's doom would lie if Rohan wouldn't leave the lands and go to the wars.

Tepe got his horse ready as Theoden stepped into his palace. Tepe looked at him and then turned to his horse. He mounted and looked around, seeing that Gandalf and some other of the group walked towards him. "Gandalf, do not say anything. Theden is too stubbern to help me. You shall have to deal with the deads with yourselfs..." Tepe said and looked at the group. Tepe looked at some shocked faces that soon vanished.

"If Theoden accepts his destiny, we shall meet again... Now I must go" Tepe said and nodded. He turned to the army. "We shall ride to Gondor!!" Tepe shouted and the army left Rdoras and headed towards Gondor.

*Time warp!!*

Tepe looked his army that had camped between Gondor and Rohan. Then he saw a fire rise from the mountain's top. "Gondor... Gondor's border's are breatched..." Tepe mumbled but he didn't know that one of the hobbits had lighten the first fire.

Aragorn stormed into the golden palace. "Gondor is asking for aid!" He shouted and Theoden turned, amazed. After a huge talk and argue, Theoden accepted that it was the destiny of his people to aid Gondor. Rohan's army assembled and rode towards Gondor. Many moments later, Rohan's riders were camped near the tunnel of the dead one's. Theoden was talking to the strange man in the darkness of his tent as Aragorn walked in and Theoden left. Elrond and Aragorn talked for a while and to the end, Aragorn got the newly made sword of Isildur. Tepe rode into the ledge where Theoden, Aragorn and others of the group were camped. He was covered with a dark blue cape and a hood that was on his head. Legolas and Gimli stopped Tepe and Gimli went to alert the others from the group that Tepe was originally. Aragorn came too. When everyone was hatgered around Tepe and his horse, Tepe said quietly: "I am here to meet the dead one's". Tepe looked Aragorn and Atalanta that were next to Tepe. "You coming or what?" Tepe said, unmounting. Tepe took his hood off and then looked the two. "We should go now" Tepe said and looked the path that led to the gates.

Tepe turned and looked Kent. "Kent, what are you doing here?" Tepe said and looked Kent, now even angryer. "Kent, this is too evil place for you, but you shall come if you want" Tepe then said. They walked into the cave. They heard evil laughting after many shouts. Then they saw the ghost city of the dead appear to them and so did the army. Kent threw rocks and swung his sword throught the ghost's just like anyone that hasn't meant to be there would do in panic. Tepe looked at the leader. Aragorn and Atalanta were silent just like Tepe. Tepe heard heavy breathing, coming from Kent that had tired a little from the panicing but allready calmed down. Tepe stepped forward. "You, king of the dead ones', why are you frightened of us?" Tepe asked and hid under his hood. The dead king laughted. "We, the dead ones' are not afraid of no-one" it laughted and drew it's sword out. Tepe looked the king that commanded one of the dead ones' to attack Tepe. Tepe drew his sword whats' grey jewel glowed. The king flinched and the dead warrior attacked. Tepe blocked the sword of the ghost and made a nice scar on the green glowing cheack of the ghost. Tepe looked as the dead warrior retreated, frightened. Aragorn and Atalanta drew their swords and the king backed a little. "You shall now fulfill your promise" Aragon said and the king bowed.

In the middle of his bow, the dead king frowned and demanded proof that the other two swords were also there. Atalanta stepped forward to face him.

"This is the Black Sword of the Forgotten Family of Rohan," she said as she reached out to grab his hand. He flinched when her hand did not pass through his. He winced when she placed his hand on the blade of her sword.

The dead king nodded, but with a defiant grin to Aragorn, he raised his sword and prepared to kill Aragorn. In a flash, Aragorn raised Anduril and deflected the king's blow. The king's eyes widened.

"That sword was broken!" he exclaimed. Aragorn nodded.

"It has been remade," he answered. "Now, as I have said before, we have come to hold you to your oath. You will come to the aid of Gondor with us."

The dead were quickly assembled and joined the company, causing much fear to be felt by some of the company, Gimli especially. Arvin stood silently by Gimli and listened to his fears.

"They could kill us in a second," he whispered. "There's no telling when they might turn on us and there are only three in our company who can fight them. Three will be all too quickly thrown down."

"Not these three," Arvin answered, a smile touching his face. "Besides, if the dead ones were to kill any of the three, they would be punished to remain this way for eternity. They dare not do that, for it is peace that they want and when they have fulfilled this oath, it is peace that they will get."

Atalanta walked at the front of the company, keeping silent as she went. Occasionally, she would aske one of the dead about their life and, almost as if they didn't want to, they explained what had happened in the entire course of his life.

"Now we go forth with the Three Swords at our head," one told her. "Mordor will pay for our suffering."

"Good," Atalanta told him and went back to her silence.

• 2 months later...

((Just bumping, please, no new join's))

Tepe walked to Atalanta after they got out of the tunnel. "We will have to depart here. This is the point where Aragorn will take over. You may go with him if you want, same will concern Kent too. I will have to leave. I must see my people immediatly... I don't think the armies will be in the proper use in the... human hands..." Tepe said and whistled. He heard a clacking sound from his horse. Tepe's horse had came all the way around the mountains, it knew it's master's mind.

"Ng'olwe na i bal, Atalanta" Tepe said and then looked Atalanta. He smiled and then rode off.

((Translation: Wisdom is the power, Atalanta))

Name: Grim GoldSkull

Specie: Dwarf

Homeplace: Moria

Horse: none

Axe: Serathil(axe of the Quick)

Bio: Grim grew up in the tunnels of moria wiht the rest of the dwarves, he grew up in training everyday wiht an axe, he is now the head of the dwarven warriors

------------------------------------------------------------------

as a small group of orcs walk through oen of the outer most tunnels Grim tunrs to his soldiers " ok you three take the bridge at the end, you 5 take the other side and you four, follow me"

Grim and his warrios sneak to an ambush the group os orcs, then wiht a huge warcry the dwarves strike they come form the the shadows and slice up the orcs, the orcs did not have a chance, but thye did get inone lucky ht to one of the 13 warriors

" dammit!, they got Bagli" said one of the warriors " this can't keep happening, we have a limited amount of warriosr, you are my elite, you can't die on me!"

and the warriors hold up thier axes in triumph and let out a victory cry " good, now lets get back to the camp, hope their is no more casulties"

"aye" mumble all the dwarves

and they start thier long walk back to the camp, and encounter a small group of tunnel lizards, but they are no problem and do almost no damage

the group gets back, Grim goes and stands up on the main stage

" i am sorry, but we have lost one, therfore we will do what he did best, in memory of Bagli we will ahve a feast,prepare the boar!"

"I will follow Aragorn," Arvin announced. "I will follow my king wherever he leads me."

"I will meet Sauron's armies in battle," Atalanta said slowly. "It is my task to go with Aragorn. I assume you have not forgotten. The dead ones will not fight for us unless two of us are standing before them. If you leave, I must stay, but if you stayed, I would stay as well. I cannot leave this."

She lapsed into a language unknown to all who were there, but quickly shook her head roughly.

"Ach!" she hissed. "I must not allow myself to be carried away in such a manner."

She fell in behind Aragorn and slipped into silence.

Archived