Home

Lord of the rings RPG

"If we get out of Moria alive, yes..." Tepe said and thinked: "I need to talk with Hidráim... He should know that his son is dead... I woved that I would keep him alive until we would arrive to Lorien..."

Tepe looked the others that were ready and tapped his horse on the head twice. "Are you coming or not..." Tepe said when his horse started to run like it would flee from a forest fire

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"That will not do," Lightning objected. "You will need the horses on the other side."

Then an idea struck her.

"Do you want me to run ahead when we reach the other side and bring horses back?"

((Who is leading the Rohirrim? Is it Eomer or Theodred? Either way, Lightning will have a secret talk with him... it has something to do with who she really is and Arrandir will overhear some of it. The others will learn at Rivendell where she will tell her full story to anyone who is there. Whatever way it goes, I still need to know if it's Eomer or Theodred.))

((Thanks!:) )

Lightning continued to keep up with the others in silence until they stopped for a rest. As they stopped she was approached by Theodred.

"Excuse me," he said and she turned to face him. "Might I have a word with you?"

She nodded her agreement and he dismounted his horse, leaving it with the group to go walking with Lightning.

"If it's not to bold to ask," he finally said, "who are you?"

Lightning smiled and asked, "Have you not heard my name? I am Lightning."

"But lightning is a thing that strikes the earth from the sky," Theodred objected. "It is not a real name, but a nickname. It is what you are called because you run instead of ride... I would imagine from your name that you could run faster than a horse and for that I must assume that you have some Elven blood in you, for it does not tire you to run like this."

"You assume correctly," Lightning replied smiling. The smile faded as she remembered some of the things she had been through in her life.

"Then how old are you now?" he demanded, but Lightning simply laughed at him.

"Old enough to call you young," she replied. This was not enough for him.

"Then you will not tell me?" he questioned.

"No!" she replied. "I will not."

"Then we will turn to other matters," he said. "Your sword, for instance."

She stared at him. "Go on."

"I know that sword and it will do you no good to deny it," he said.

"I do not deny it," she replied. "Where have you seen it?"

"In books, but it was always pictured with a ring," he answered. She held up her hand.

"This ring?" she questioned. He stared in wonder and finally nodded.

"Then I am your servant," he said, but Lightning shook her head.

"You are not until I claim my past as my own," she replied. "For now, I will leave you to your country."

He frowned, but nodded and began to walk away. Lightning stopped him.

"You must speak of this conversation to no one," she said. He frowned.

"But my father must know that you exist," he objected. She gripped him by his breastplate and drew him down to her eye level, forcing him to stare into her eyes.

"You will speak of this to no one," she repeated, this time more firmly. He backed away as if in a trance.

"I will speak of this to no one," he said, his voice dull.

"Speak of what?" Arrandir asked. He had heard most of the conversation, but was unsure of what had happened.

"Nothing," Theodred replied, his voice recovering. "We just had a little chat about Rohan. Lightning was curious to know how things were going. She used to live there, you know."

He left to join the group, but Arrandir frowned and stopped Lightning as she tried to follow him.

"Who are you and what did you do to Theodred," he demanded. Lightning calmly peeled Arrandir's hand off her arm and stared him in the eyes. Suddenly, he felt as if he would obey and believe anything she said.

As quickly as the feeling came over him, it passed and Lightning laughed.

"Do you not know me?" she asked. "I am Lightning."

"So you say," he replied, "but don't you think it is time to tell us who you really are?"

The feeling of trust in Lightning came over Arrandir again.

"All will be revealed when we reach Rivendell," she said. "In Imladris, the house of Elrond HalfElven, you will know who I am. Until then, you will know me as you already do, for that is enough."

"I comply," Arrandir said, feeling as if he could not say anything else. Then, the two of them returned to the group, realizing that they were beginning to move again.

"It saddens me that we come here," Lightning muttered, heard only by Arrandir. "This way should be shut, but none would collapse the mountain for the dwarves seek to come back."

"Indeed," Arrandir agreed. "If the halls of Moria were to be collapsed, those who did it would face the axes of the dwarves."

"Tepe," Lightning called. "I do not want to hear any noise while we are in Moria. The only noise that is to be heard will be that which is necessary."

((We're coming from the side the Fellowship came out from, right? So the gates on this side are open, right?))

Lightning watched carefully as the men from Rohan removed their armor. She sighed when a few of them removed their swords as well.

"While it is hoped we will not meet any resistance," she told them, "it would still be best to hang on to your swords."

When they were finally ready to enter, Lightning walked calmly to the front of the company, followed closely by Arrandir.

"It is not my desire to enter," she said softly.

"But Moria must face us," Arrandir replied. Lightning nodded wordlessly and passed through the doorway.

((I mean that we're coming from the direction of Rohan... not where the fellowship entered, so the gates on this side are open for anyone to enter. On the other side, the gates are closed. We have to push them open. That is the side the fellowship entered from. In other words, all we have to do is walk in, which is what I did.))

Lightning walked silently ahead of the others, followed closely by Arrandir. Neither of them felt any need to draw their weapons.

"With any luck," Lightning said quietly, "we can pass through unnoticed. However, the orcs living here have keen senses. It is doubtful they will not hear us. We will go on slowly and silently until we can be sure they know we are here. Then we must use our speed."

Even as it was, the orcs did not learn of the company until they were very near the other end and then it was by accident. One of the men from Rohan tripped over a bone and fell with a shout. He had been one to have his sword out and his sword sprang out of his hand, clattering against the stone floor.

"We have made it further than I had hoped," Lightning said, helping the man up. "Take your sword. They know we are here now, but we must not stay here, waiting for them to make a move."

Then, she heard the noise of the orcs rushing to get them from behind.

"Now is the time for speed!" she shouted. "We must get out of here."

The group began to run, but it was difficult because they had to descend several flights of stairs. Finally, just as they had reached the front gates, the orcs overtook them. Lightning lept forward and thrust the gates open by hand and they opened silently outward. The sun was shining merrily.

"Out into the sun!" Lightning called. "We must get away from here."

As she was speaking, the large lake behind her began to ripple as if a stone had been tossed into it. Many arms lept out of the water, taking hold of some of the Rohirrim.

Archived