Home

Lord of the rings RPG

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lightning agreed and lept over to slam the gates shut.

"Arrandir!" she called and he grabbed the other side. They slammed the gates closed just as a party of orcs rushed forward to attack.

"This must be the beast I've heard of," Arrandir said, eyeing the arms coming from the water. "We cannot overpower it now. We must flee."

"GET OUT OF THIS CREATURE'S REACH!!" Lightning yelled. She turned to run, but the creature grasped her leg as she ran. With a cry of rage, Theodred sprang forward and chopped off the arm holding Lightning.

"I must save the one who could rule my country," he said. She smiled as he set her down.

"Speak no more of it," she said. He nodded and frowned.

"I dread the thought of Rohan being overrun by these vile orcs," he said. "Do I have permission to return to my country's aid?"

"Although it is not my decision, I would imagine that Tepe wouldn't mind," Lightning said. "Even so, you'd better ask just in case."

"Tepe!" Theodred called as they fled the creature. "I must return to the aid of my country. Those who remain of my company must come with me."

"The remaining forces in Rohan will not be enough to hold these orcs back," Lightning put in. Suddenly, Tepe felt some kind of influence on his mind. He wanted to grant this request.

((Tepe, I have made it so you can still decide which way you want it to go, but I must let you know something. The influence on your mind was from Lightning. She is more powerful than it seems, so if you do choose to keep the Rohirrim with us, it will mean that you have an incredibly strong mind. Not saying that you don't even if you let them go.;)

Lightning agreed and lept over to slam the gates shut.

"Arrandir!" she called and he grabbed the other side. They slammed the gates closed just as a party of orcs rushed forward to attack.

"This must be the beast I've heard of," Arrandir said, eyeing the arms coming from the water. "We cannot overpower it now. We must flee."

"GET OUT OF THIS CREATURE'S REACH!!" Lightning yelled. She turned to run, but the creature grasped her leg as she ran. With a cry of rage, Theodred sprang forward and chopped off the arm holding Lightning.

"I must save the one who could rule my country," he said. She smiled as he set her down.

"Speak no more of it," she said. He nodded and frowned.

"I dread the thought of Rohan being overrun by these vile orcs," he said. "Do I have permission to return to my country's aid?"

"Although it is not my decision, I would imagine that Tepe wouldn't mind," Lightning said. "Even so, you'd better ask just in case."

"Tepe!" Theodred called as they fled the creature. "I must return to the aid of my country. Those who remain of my company must come with me."

"The remaining forces in Rohan will not be enough to hold these orcs back," Lightning put in. Suddenly, Tepe felt some kind of influence on his mind. He wanted to grant this request.

((Tepe, I have made it so you can still decide which way you want it to go, but I must let you know something. The influence on your mind was from Lightning. She is more powerful than it seems, so if you do choose to keep the Rohirrim with us, it will mean that you have an incredibly strong mind. Not saying that you don't even if you let them go.;)

((Wasn't trying to... sorry. I did tell you that it was still your choice. Tepe is strong enough to resist Lightning's power, especially since she rarely uses it and is not very good at it yet.))

Lightning returned Tepe's gaze in silence, realizing that he knew what she had attempted. She smacked herself inwardly, reminding herself not to do anything like that with these people again.

(Is that better?))

"Valwen!" a clear voice rang out from one of the buildings. Lightning smiled and abruptly detached herself from the rest of the group.

"Another nickname of mine," she explained as she left.

"It is about time, you returned, Valwen," Arwen said in Elvish. Lightning responded in kind.

"I am happy to return," she said.

((Are Aragorn and the hobbits in Rivendell yet?))

Lightning spent a lot of time with Arwen while they were in Rivendell. It seemed that the two had known each other for a while.

Arrandir on the other hand spent much of his time alone, wandering near the Shards of Narsil every once in a while. During one of these times, he ran into Lightning, for once alone. They spoke quietly for a while. She showed him her ring and sword, telling him who she really was and he shared why he had been cast out from Osgiliath. They agreed to keep silent about these things until the council Elrond was planning.

Tepe talked to Elrond for many hours. When he left, he walked to the shards of Narsil and looked at them. "This sword... Much memories about it..." Tepe sayd to himself and then someone touched his shoulder. He turned around and saw Aragorn. They started to talk about his travel from Bree. Then they walked towards Elrond's house because the meeting was starting in any minute now.

((Yes, they are :p ))

Kent walked down the streets alone, suddenly he heard a voice.

"HEY! You no-good, gold hoarding, silver-stealing COWARD!" Yelled a voice.

Kent slowly turned around, and was suprised by who he saw:

"JIMMY!?"

"How you doing Kent?"

"Fine, what's going on?"

"There's a meeting at Elrond's house"

Lightning and Arrandir slipped into the council quietly and took their seats. Lightning's eyes rested on Aragorn and it was not long before he noticed her staring at him. He nodded his greeting, wondering what interested her so much. She returned the greeting and looked to Elrond as if wondering when the council would begin.

“We have come because of a threat,” Elrond said, “but we cannot properly deal with it unless we know each other. Arrandir and Lightning will start.”

Lightning and Arrandir stood and Lightning held out her hand and Arrandir took it, looking down at it.

"What do you see?" she asked.

"I see a ring," he replied.

"Describe it," she ordered.

"It is a plain silver band," he replied, looking into her face. "I have looked at it before."

For a brief second, Lightning covered her one hand with the other. Then she commanded Arrandir to look again.

"It is not plain, is it?" she said.

"No, it is not," he replied. "Nine diamonds encircle a single green stone."

"Do you recognize it?" she asked. Aragorn leaned forward, seeming greatly surprised. Arrandir nodded. "And what of the sword?"

She drew it from its sheath and handed it to him. Again, Aragorn leaned forward with interest to hear Arrandir’s reply.

"Black. Its sharpened blade represents only half of its total length, but most of the hilt slides into the sheath. It is crowned with two horses, nose to nose."

"Tell me what it means to you," she ordered.

"You are the tenth generation exile of the Forgotten Family of Rohan."

"My name is Atalanta," she said as if in agreement. "My family was once the ruling family of Rohan. We were exiled ten generations ago on account of gealousy. I, being the tenth generation since the exile, have the power to reclaim that throne, but from what I see, I do not want it. Theoden is a good king and his son, Theodred will follow his father's footsteps."

"Thank you for your secret," Arrandir said. Then, with a halting voice he explained how he and Boromir had come to a disagreement and begun to fight. Boromir had made the first blow, but he was the son of the Steward. Therefore, it had been Arrandir who was cast out.

"Thank you for your secret," Lightning said. With that, they took their seats once more.

Tepe stood up. "I am Tepe Greenforest, son of Thingár" he sayd and looked at Aragorn. Aragorn stood up infront of him.

"Aragorn, do you know me?"Tepe asked "Yes, You are Tepe Greenforest, son of Thingár and ruler of all Vanyar in Middle-earth. Your necklace is the great necklace of the dwarves. You have your sword, Mithmîr hidden in Rivendell"Aragorn explained "You said enought... Sit my friend." Tepe sayd and turned to see Elrond. "You have my sword Elrond... I have came to have it..."Tepe sayd and Elrond took a sword in it's sheet rapped in a elven cape. Tepe took it kneeling down. He stood back up and drew the cape off from the sword after turned to see the others. Few dwarves, Elf's and Men allmost shouted the name of the sword, seeing the sword that had drawn out from it's sheat and it's grey jewel was glowing bright(Mithmîr means Grey jewel, so dont panick :p ).

Tepe put the sheat and the sword under the cape and sat down.

He looked at Atalanta, knowing much about her that she revealed.

His eyes turned to Elrond.

Archived