Home

Lord of the rings RPG

A glance was exchanged between Atalanta and Aragorn before Boromir stood and walked over to where Arrandir was seated.

"I have come for many things," he said. "The first was to search for my kinsman, now being called Arrandir." He dropped to his knees in front of Arrandir and continued. "I told my father what really happened and we would like you to return. No longer will you be known as an outcast. Please return to Minas Tirith with me and be known again by the name of Arvin."

Arrandir stood and pulled Boromir to his feet. "I accept my name and my home," he said. Then he smiled. "And if you desire to fight me again, simply let me know. I've got alternatives."

Boromir laughed and Arvin returned to his seat. Boromir turned away from him and explained the dream he and Faramir had been having.

"The Sword that was Broken is here!" Aragorn said, standing and showing the shards of Narsil. "The halfling is there," he continued, pointing to the hobbit with Gandalf. "Isildur's Bane is something that should remain hidden."

Boromir returned to his seat, amazed at what he had seen. He also told of the worries that Rohan was paying a tribute of horses to Mordor. Gandalf told his story and Legolas told of Gollum's escape. Gimli shared of the dwarves return to Moria and expressed his worry of what had happened to them.

"Of the two worries spoken, I can shed some light," Atalanta said, taking a stand once again. "Rohan does not give horses to Mordor, nor will they. Mordor has taken the horses it chooses.

As for the dwarves in Moria, There can be little hope. We did not encounter them on our way through, but there may be some hope as we went on the shortest path."

She returned to her seat and the council turned to the ring and its destruction. In the end, a rather large group of people decided to join the company, but in some cases, not go all the way to Mordor. Boromir wanted to return to Minas Tirith and Aragorn and Arvin chose to go with him. Atalanta had heard of rumors of danger in Rohan and would turn aside to help. For the moment, however, the company was very large and certain events would change peoples minds on where they were going.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tepe thinked. Then he stood up and smiled to the company.

"You shall have my armies when you need them, but I have many things to do in my world..." then he kneeled to the company and gave Gandalf a shining horn. "You might have better use to this than it's old owner..." he sayd and stood up.

The meeting was soon over and Tepe walked to his horse.

He thinked the many things that happened in the council

Atalanta spent the days before the company departed with Arvin and Arwen. Every once in a while, she would cross paths with Aragorn, but when she did it was always a brief encounter. That is, until the day before they left.

She came upon him once when she was alone. He was standing, staring at the shards of Narsil, as he had been doing at least once a day since he got to Rivendell. Atalanta glanced at the other weapons in the room.

First, she saw Aiglos, the spear of Gil-Galad. Then her eyes brushed over Hadhafang, the sword of Elrond. Finally, she turned her gaze to Narsil.

"It was a beautiful sword," Aragorn said quietly. Atalanta nodded in silent agreement.

"And it still is," she replied. He turned to face her as she continued. "Why do you shy away from your past? You are the heir to the throne of Gondor, yet you refuse even the sword that is rightfully yours."

"And you," he returned, now fully facing her, "you have the power to reclaim your throne also. Are you not also fearful of your past and the future that should be yours? Do we not understand one another?"

"We do," Atalanta replied. "And we see the path we must take if Sauron attacks too quickly."

"I do not wish that," he said. "The dead should stay where they are."

"If this sword remains here, they shall," Atalanta reminded him. "There are only two swords that can turn the dead blades away. One lies there in pieces and the other will ride to Rohan where it will be well used."

"You know the curse as well as I do then?" he asked. Atalanta nodded.

"The Black Sword of the Forgotten Family of Rohan and Narsil, the Sword of the King of Gondor must enter the mountain together or the Dead will not be obedient and will kill the one who carries the sword."

"I dread going to the mountain," he said quietly. "Even more, I dread having to take you with me."

"Yet it must be so if that road must be taken," she answered. Then, she slipped out of the room as quietly as she had entered it.

Tepe was standing next to his horse. He tried to think what would happen if he wouldn't hop on his horse and ride away.

Tepe felt eyes piercing throught him. "Gandalf, why did you came?" Tepe asked and Gandalf answered: "I came because this is your destiny. No one will know it, but you have to save your own mind before you have to save the humankind and Aragorn from the blades of the dead ones..."

"What do you mean? I have no sword powerful enought to resist the blades of the dead..." Tepe said, climbing on the back of his horse. "Yes, you do. As soon as your mind is free, you will see the hole thing. You'll remember things that you now dont and so on. Now, ride to Hobbiton..." Gandalf sayd as Tepe rode off. Atalanta saw him riding just next to Elronds house towards Hobbiton.

Kent and Jimmy walked along, talking and catching up. Finally they ended up near the stables.

"So, do you ever plan on revealing your identity to anyone else?" Asked Jimmy.

"Not if I can help it." said Kent.

"Why? The dangers over." Said Jimmy.

"You know why, many people would still kill me if they had the chance. I'm not sure I really blame them."

"So Kent," Atalanta said, finally deciding to break the silence. "What are your plans for this journey? Are you planning on going all the way with Frodo to Mordor or are you also turning off somewhere? I am going to Rohan while Arvin will join Boromir and Aragorn in going to Gondor."

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh, you going allready?" Tepe asked, riding next to them and looking at the group. "I thought you would want to fight in the gates of Mordor" He said and looked at the grou that was leaving soon towards Mordor with the ring. "You know, Osgiliath will burn soon, we should try to go protect it... Only few weeks until Gondor and most parts of Rohan will be destroyed and gonquered by Sauron and Saruman..." Tepe mumbled and looked back at Arvin and Atalanta.

"Indeed," Arvin said, "Osgiliath may already be taken. I have heard from Boromir that the city was still held by Gondor when he left, but there can be no mistake that the enemy means to destroy it."

"As for Rohan," Atalanta added, "King Theoden was still well when Theodred left his side, but I have heard of a man among the king's advisors who I do not believe can be trusted. I should very much like if our party were to leave Rivendell at once, but we are not all here yet. Where is Aragorn? Gandalf said he was coming and so did those four hobbits. Where are they?"

"I think I saw three of them trying to steal food from Elrond's palace. But I dont know nothing about Frod... the ringbearer" Tepe said and unmounted. As he unmounted, the group saw a great armor on him. It was one of his ancesters and it was made from hard metals, allmost like mithril. Tepe looked at the amazed group. "What...?" he asked as he covered the armor with his cape

Atalanta made an almost unnoticeable movement when she heard what Tepe had said. Asir? Could it be possible? she thought. She was not given much time to think because the rest of the company quickly arrived.

Aragorn came first, followed by Gandalf and the hobbits. Boromir came next. Legolas and Gimli came together, arguing as they came. Elrond came with them, along with some elves from Rivendell and made a farewell speech. Then the company filed slowly out of Rivendell.

((WOW!!! You really meant it when you said you were going to speed things up! No Moria and loosing Gandalf and Boromir... none of Frodo leaving the company with Sam... nothing whatsoever about Merry and Pippin. Gee. I guess we'll just act like all of that has happened.))

The company, by this time somewhat diminished in number, strode up to the doors of the hall of Meduseld. Hama, the doorward came out and addressed Gandalf.

"I cannot allow you before Theoden King so armed, Gandalf Grayhame," he said. "By order of Grima Wormtounge."

Gandalf sighed and turned to Atalanta.

"Perhaps you had better exercise your power here," he told her. She sighed and turned away.

"Is this really necessary?" she asked, still keeping her back to the door.

"It is," Gandalf replied quietly. With a swirling movement, Atalanta spun around, sword in hand and showed it to Hama.

"This is the sword of the Forgotten Family of Rohan," she informed him. Holding up her hand, she continued, "and this is the ring of that family. I hereby take control of Rohan, for Theoden's mind is in a weakened state."

She stepped forward, as if challenging him to defy her. "We will enter the hall fully armed."

They entered the hall and approached the king. Wormtounge saw them and slid forward, part fear, part anger in his eyes.

"Why are they armed?" he screamed.

"I have taken control," Atalanta answered. She showed him her sword and ring.

"I will not submit to a sword," he scoffed. Atalanta turned to Gimli.

"Gimli, if you please," Atalanta said. Gimli stepped forward and held Wormtounge where he was. Atalanta took one look at the king and sighed.

"Gandalf," she said, "Here is where you must take over. I know nothing of removing spells."

Soon after, the king was in his right mind again and Atalanta stepped forward.

"Theoden of Rohan," she addressed him. He frowned at not being addressed as the king. She drew her sword and cast it at his feet. "This is the sword of the Forgotten Family of Rohan. In your time of weakness, I took your throne. I hereby give it back to you, for you are well again."

Tepe looked Theoden. "Now as you, Theoden, King, are the ruler of Rohan, I hereby give you all my armies of elf's except the one's I choose to come with me to the black gate's of Mordor" Tepe said, kneeling to Theoden, as he sat down. Theoden looked Tepe. "And you are who, my dear elf?" Theoden asked. Tepe stood up and removed his hood and cape. As they fell to the floor, some of the soldiers and guards got even more frightened, seeing the armor that Tepe was wearing. "If you don't mind, Legolas" Tepe said and Legolas gave Tepe the helmet. "I am Tepe Greenforest, the ruler of all Vanyar on Middle-Earth" Tepe said, putting his shiny helmet on. Tepe looked around as the people hwo knowed the legends, looked at Tepe's armor.

"My lady!" Theoden exclaimed, suddenly realizing what had just taken place with Atalanta. A look of wonder crossed over his face. "Why should you return to me what is rightfully yours?"

"Take my services," she told him, "not my rulership. I do not desire a throne nor a kingdom to rule. I should like to be useful and will do my best to be so in doing as you tell me."

His eyes widened. "You have not changed since I last saw you, but at the time, you said your name was Valwen."

"It is an elvish nickname," Atalanta answered. "I often used that and Lightning when I was travelling quietly."

"You must be very old by now," Eowyn said, at this point startled into speech.

"I am over 400 years old," Atalanta admitted and the room fell into a surprised silence.

Archived