Home

Let's make a JA movie!

Zavior

Hey all,

After watching various JA movies, I've decided we (the swampies) should make one, it could star all of us! All we need is a good server. First of I need to know if Groovey can be in it, if he can, he will be the main bad guy! Mind you this plot is still being juggled around so if you want more info post here or e-mail me at loszain@yahoo.ca! I will start the script soon!

Domo

*Update

We will need at least these:

Main bad guy

2 Jedi knights

2 Padawans

In this movie there will be wampas, rancors, and a high speed race with the speeder bikes!

Originally posted by XERXES

Groovy needs to ban us all for spamming...in the movie of course. But I've never heard of you...at all. Only familiar name here is Mabma.

Dude, we were like best buds back in Highschool. How could you forget me, Phillip?

:p

I'm still learning how to control my girl in JA multiplayer. I suck and everyone laughs at me. I think you guys use different keys or something.

If you need a retarded padawan...I'm here. But if you ask me to do something on cue I'll probably just accidently lop off someones arm.

We could have it as an out-take! :eek::D

First of all, if you are going to film a movie, you need a way to record footage. I prefer motion capture cards, but the JOM team uses the games record function. Both have their drawbacks however. My method captures everything, text, chat, sound, and a rather annoying spectator title along the bottom of the screen.

JOM's method takes pics for each frame in the movie. They then have to gather all the pics into an .AVI file. Which is very big then.

And the framerate is not that good.

Also, if you are making a movie, take into account that you must find people to act in your scenes. Its harder than it sounds, plus, half the time, the actors wont show due to a number of mishaps that may happen along the way. You must direct them around with chat messages (I will this game had voice chat), and make the scenes easy enough for people to do.

If you want to see my 2 films so far, check http://www.pcgamemods.com/2097/ and http://www.pcgamemods.com/2442/

Lindsy, im not sure if it will work, but i know it will in SP, and its worth a try in MP. Enable cheats (or something) And then type in /levelshot. It makes all the 2D stuff go away! The crosshair, the text at the bottom of the screen, the HP counter, force counter... even the widescreen view in cutscenes! Yeah, thats right, you can watch your cutscene in JA (it worked in JKII not sure about JA) in full screen..... and it doesnt work like in the movies, you what you would normally see, and more at the top, and more at the bottom. It even makes the credits at the end of the game not show up :) but you can make that yourself.

(EDIT) Oh yeah, i forgot...

go to http://www.fraps.com and download there movie recorder thingy. You can record everything that happens in JK2, and JA into an .avi file. And you even get to choose the FPS. If you have a slow system, i dont recommend it, but if its a good system then go for it. With a slow one, it can slow down your game, and almost cut your FPS in half. Also, if the game starts freezing a little bit, it wont record it "stuck" but it will speed the movie up at that point, which makes it look unrelealistic.

-lukeskywalker1

Our way if more flexable, you can add your own effects, music and voices. Umm Luke you can use cg_draw2d 1 or 0 to mover and remove the hud. Its way much easier to use instead of levelshot. As for JA, we already have one movie (The Jedi's Demise 2) and a miniseries which will be released later when we have things made for it. Also I have moved filming from this weekend to next weekend if any of you would like to attend. All you need will be GenX, Jabba and a map that will be completed Friday. Which we will be filming in JO. If you wanna help me just PM with your MSN, AIM, or Yahoo name so I can send the map to you and tell you how to get to the game. The map maybe on our site aswell, depends on how big it is. You can also sign up on our site aswell. For Zone Name, use your Lucasforums name instead and make a comment about it in the comment section.

Our way if more flexable, you can add your own effects, music and voices. Umm Luke you can use cg_draw2d 1 or 0 to mover and remove the hud. Its way much easier to use instead of levelshot. As for JA, we already have one movie (The Jedi's Demise 2) and a miniseries which will be released later when we have things made for it. Also I have moved filming from this weekend to next weekend if any of you would like to attend. All you need will be GenX, Jabba and a map that will be completed Friday. Which we will be filming in JO. If you wanna help me just PM with your MSN, AIM, or Yahoo name so I can send the map to you and tell you how to get to the game. The map maybe on our site aswell, depends on how big it is. You can also sign up on our site aswell. For Zone Name, use your Lucasforums name instead and make a comment about it in the comment section.

Archived