'If you had one wish for mankind...what would it be?'  

19 members have voted

1. 1. 'If you had one wish for mankind...what would it be?'

• Peace in the mideast
    • No more nukes
    • Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein's head on a stick
    • Zero point (infinite free) energy
    • Enlightenment
    • George Bush's head on a stick (just giving equal time)
    • Contact with an alien civilization
    • World government
    • Transporters
    • Feed the hungry

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An enlightened person can do whatever they want, even look for aliens. ;) Can't say one would automatically lead to success in the other, though...

Kjølen: I suppose your choice might be the more practical. Guaranteeing that our species doesn't destroy itself would be a good use of our wish.

The Experiment begins in less than five hours. *(Gets an instant headache thinking about the subject matter being chosen.)* :) Everyone ready?

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

Ray: Remember, matter is energy. ;) The difference between them? Vibration is the key--low vibrations become solid, and matter becomes more tenuous (liquid, gas, plasma) the more it vibrates. At the quantum level, matter and energy are the same, and what seems to distinguish them (believe it or not) is the act of perceiving a subatomic particle. In other words, a subatomic particle is just energy until you perceive it directly...and then suddenly it's a particle of matter.

So, perceiving an individual particle at the subatomic level gives it solidity. On our level, everything that is matter is also being brought into solidity in a similiar fashion. :dozey: The big question is...who's perceiving it?

hehe. mmmm. we somehow came to the conclusion everything exists only out of the possibility that someone can perceive a difference between "is" and "is not". :) digital analogy.. clever eyh? :p

the question is.. what is "IS" made of? what is the smallest piece what all the bigger pieces are build up upon? and idf it "acts" in different ways .. what is it influenced by? can it be the smallest bit?

perhabs its a certain attribute of space. maybe space is (or certain attributes of it are) just one of the steps BEFORE energy and matter which again are obviously further steps towards life in general.

to find a proper solution we would need more about space itself.

and i am not quite sure if there is a beginning at the end.

maybe the answer is a fractal. finite but endless.

cool. everything is so nonimportant. .. and here i am sitting, wishing i had more lego bricks to build complexer modules to build complexer machines.. but i am part of the biggest lego model EVER!

:D

[edit]

err.. ready.

Ray said...

hehe. mmmm. we somehow came to the conclusion everything exists only out of the possibility that someone can perceive a difference between "is" and "is not". digital analogy.. clever eyh?

The difference between energy and matter is the difference between zero and one. :dozey: I'll buy that.

Legos? You could build a causal universe out of legos...but we have free will. ;) How do you build free will out of legos?

The poll is still open (because I'm lazy that way), but the populace of Aresen has chosen ENLIGHTENMENT as its one wish for mankind. :D The experiment begins now.

What is enlightenment?

Don't expect a definitive answer to that question. ;) The experience differs from individual to individual (for we are all, after all, different) and when discussed within a particular religion or belief system, the definition varies. One can be enlightened as a christian, but fail to meet the buddhist criteria...and vice-versa. Ultimately, answering the question 'Am I enlightened?' is one that a person must do for themself. However: it is a yes or no question. :dozey: And if you're honestly asking the question, the answer is probably 'No.'

Here is my understanding. We all start out as one Big Thing (call it God if you want) and are then fragmented into countless individual souls, all with free will, which are then born into life. The soul spends its early years of life inhabiting its human body, and learning how to explore the world around it by using its brain and physical senses. At some point...the soul forgets that it isn't the brain, and convinces itself that the physical senses show all that is real.

Now, most of us wander through life perfectly happy with the idea that we are a brain living in a human body, accepting what we sense as being 'reality.' Occasionally, though, a soul *wakes up* from this illusion, remembers that it is a soul after all, and that in the very beginning it was one with the rest of everything. Perhaps the soul can even see its way back to understanding itself as a part of that Big Everything. By my understanding and definition, such a soul has become enlightened.

So, by Zoom's yardstick (which is definitely not the authority to end all authorities on this matter) a being is enlightened when it realizes that it isn't really an individual locked up in a physical brain, but that it is something so much larger that is a part of everything else. :D

Is it possible for all of mankind to become enlightened? :max: Good lord, no. Who would hold up the banks, or be investment bankers? It is, however, possible, for more of us to come to this kind of realization. To that end, I have a nice ancient hindu chant that is supposed to serve that kind of purpose. Everyone chant out loud:

'Jai jai Shiva, om Shiva, omkara,

Jai jai Shiva, om Shiva, omkara,

Hari om, hari om, hari omkara,

Hari hari hari hari omkara.'

;) Or not. Jump in, please, with thoughts, opinions...or just an affirmation of your participation in concentrating on the goal.

so .. what does it say..?

Legos? You could build a causal universe out of legos...but we have free will. ;) How do you build free will out of legos?

i would need specific lego bricks to build such things..

like life. life as we know it is made of matter, energy and something we dont know which is comparible to the missing legobricks. without these we only can build "better" copies or "normal" things like a stone or machines.. and somehow we dont even know all the matter and energy "bricks".

the metaphor of the bricks ends where the bricks need to be stuck together to make up a construct..

or not?

.. after all it might be a big interference .. an order within the disorder of chaos..

lets take an reeeaaaally large amount of all the bricks put them together in a large box and shake and rotate and shake and rotate it very random but always the same way and see whats coming out. it is possible that none of the bricks randomly connected to another..

i think i need something to eat now. hmmm... lasagna...

:)

Jump in, please, with thoughts, opinions...or just an affirmation of your participation in concentrating on the goal.

I totally drank milk for the enlightenment of mankind. And also ate cookies. Then I had a good laugh watching my little brother realize that his crawdad was stuck in the tank's filter.

On the other hand, I have no idea how it got there.

I'm an American, from the corn and hog state of *Illinois.* (I live way the hell out in Oregon now, though.) I'm reminded here of Captain Kirk's line in Star Trek IV 'Save the Whales'...

'No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.' :D

Lukeiamyourdad: Sorry. :) Perhaps I should stay away from zen on this occasion.

Lynk: Really? Can you tell me what 'Omkara' means, then? I know what 'Om' means, but no one I ask here in the states knows what 'Omkara' means. Namaste.

Ray: I believe you've just invented *chaos legos.* :dozey: Perhaps the little rounded dots on the blocks are either negatively or positively charged, which would cause them to create random forms when shaken in a box. My goodness, what they're doing with plastics these days!

Alia: Your consciouness as an individual human is the crawdad stuck in the filter. :D Meditate on this, you must.

Milk? :max: No...water. Just clean water. I'll post a sutra about water tomorrow, for the last day of the harmonic convergence. Pure crazy talk, I assure you.

Alia: Behold the impermanence of physicality. ;)

Okay. :max: As promised, here are some extremely far-out rabbit scribblings that concern the imagery we find associated with water in many of the world's belief systems. Is water holy? Hmm...

The Holy Grail Sutra

Thus have I heard--

'Is the cup half empty, or half full?'

I say now, what is the Point? I am water. The minds of men would conjure a vessel to contain that which rises up like a well spring from within themselves. Drink then from the vessel, and pay no mind to measuring that which is inside it! One has not the mental breadth to comprehend all of the water that is in the universe, or how that water passes from one form to another in the unfolding infinite interplay that is one's existance. To merely drink is enough, and know thirst no more.

But if the mind would grapple with such things, know that water is one of the four states of vibrational form that all which is matter takes (with energy being a fifth, and that which determines the vibrational context of the other four.) It has unique effect as a middle state between solidity and activity, and as such connects the two. In one form is the ability to bridge the connection between that which is solid and concrete, and that which is beyond lasting form. Water, then, is the most mysterious of elements, always stirring but massive, with currents which distort perception. If made still, though, water becomes a transparent medium through which one can see to the bottom. Thus is its nature.

See, then, that the cup is meaningless. The water within is also beside the point. Just be water, and drink life itself as you live it! Pay no more mind to looking for a thing which is merely a symbol for that for which you really do thirst.

Om! Peace

That wasn't so bad, was it? :D Today's assignment for the harmonic convergence is quite simple, and doesn't involve chanting: go and get a drink of water. :dozey: Do it, even if you aren't thirsty.

Originally posted by Shivermetimbers

Dammit Alia! What is this empty little bottle labeled "arsenic" doing next to my glass of milk?????

*gags

*chokes

*screams

*gets better

Haha! Lucky for me it expired months ago.

It's the standard response. World Rulers need practice poisoning people, but it's not advisable to kill ALL your future subjects, is it? :dozey:

Archived