Home

New jedi knight game ???

JA_General

its definitely too early to start speculating about even an expansion pack, let alone a sequel........ the game only came out on sep 19, it hasnt even been 2 months !

I'm hoping for an expansion pack, and the sequel will come whenever, most likely on a new engine, maybe doom3 ???? see, but we'd have to wait to see how doom3 goes..........

whichever way you look at it, theres gonna be some waitin to do ! In the meantime, KOTOR isnt far away, and if you have a gamecube then you can have some great SW fun with Rebel Strike....

MTFBWYA

i would like to see an expansion pack too. i love the game but SP was abit short.

working on a game with a new engine would take time but they could get an expansion pack out alot sooner.

once that's out they can take as long as they want working on JK4.

Originally posted by SamFisher

I don't get it, so many people want an expansion already :confused:

JA JUST CAME OUT!

Not even a patch out yet.

My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by the man formerly known as SivyB

i love the game but SP was abit short.

That's what happens when they rush to make a game and get it out so they can make some easy money.

First off I'd say JA could need some improvement in the shape of more custom player skins. 3 different heads for each model is simply not enough. I know there are some l33t modellers out there who can contribute to the game with more choices but pushing the responsibility onto the community is imho a bit unfair. I for one would like to have seen some human women with long hair and who don't have curry colored skin... But that might just be me :rolleyes:

If LEC considers making another game in the JK series I'd strongly suggest they do the following:

1) Switch graphics engine - Although Q3 handles the SW physics very well I think it will be outclassed by the time they'll consider making a new game (trust me they will :D )

2) Better SP part - I found lack of interaction with other people in JA disturbing considering the fact that you are supposed to be a student on the Jedi Academy and not a Sith apprentice. The entire "learning by doing" in JA is more fitting for a Sith since you spend 99% of the time killing people :p

All in all I like JA even though it hasn't been the experience I hoped for... but then again I bought Enter the Matrix so maybe I just have a bad taste when it comes to retail games :)

Originally posted by SamFisher

I don't get it, so many people want an expansion already :confused:

JA JUST CAME OUT!

That's because we can't get enough of the Jedi lurv... :p

Lucasarts should realise by now what a hot property they have in this series - and I'd like to see them offering better support for it. Releasing official 'bonus packs' etc., on a regular basis, would be appreciated - especially for MP.

I certainly hope there will be a new Jedi Knight game.

And the more I think about it...the more I'd like them to release an MP-centric version, which expands greatly on the Siege and other team-based modes of play. A Jedi equivalent of Unreal Tournament would rock.

I thing thats new JK will came in about 2005 and defynitly on new engine probebly on HL2 or Q4 (not on D3 becouse D3 doesnt work wit big space) but this probubly no one know... in raven games, JA is first on top 10 best sealing games in US... that good news.

Originally posted by StormHammer

And the more I think about it...the more I'd like them to release an MP-centric version, which expands greatly on the Siege and other team-based modes of play. A Jedi equivalent of Unreal Tournament would rock.

Yeah, but there are alot of SW kids out there that get off on the SP/Storyline/EU aspect of it(who play little if any MP)...this includes me. I wouldnt buy a MP only JK game, unless it had some SP focus too, like XW vs Tie. for example, which also had a great expansion pack(Balance of Power)....

I think Republic Commando will have a big MP focus.....one of the reasons why I am pretty ho-hum about it....

MTFBWYA

I would love to see an expansion pac too. JA was just too short. I would love to see more maps like Chandrilla (The rift?) and Korriban. They were pefect for dueling and had great atmosphere. Those types of maps really make the SW Universe come alive.

Oh, and speaking of Korriban, where were the undead sith guardians? Korriban should've been crawlin' with 'em. Those would've been fun to play against.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Yeah, but there are alot of SW kids out there that get off on the SP/Storyline/EU aspect of it(who play little if any MP)...this includes me. I wouldnt buy a MP only JK game, unless it had some SP focus too, like XW vs Tie. for example, which also had a great expansion pack(Balance of Power)....

Yes...true. I wasn't saying they should stop making games with SP...I too like a great SP experience. I was thinking more of an 'additional' title in the JK series, with an MP focus.

Of course they should continue to make good SP games as well in this series.

But considering that the SP and MP parts of JA are separate executables anyway...the next logical step would be to have a larger team devoted to making a more extensive MP game that could stand alone.

JA didn't make me feel like a student at all I think KOTOR did a better job with that. They should come out with some kind of jedi game where you learn to become a jedi much like Kotor but not so much like RPG. Well its kinda hard to explain but ill tell you one thing Jedi don't train by killing 100% of there training time. Well I dont know but I hope when it comes out that it is on a diff engine.

A nice feature for customizing characters for JA would have been much greater than just the model heads.

Take for example, NBA Live for PC, you can load your own picture and snap the points to the face (ie: eyes, lips, nose.. etc) to scale on the characters face.

I think that would have been REALLY good. Maybe then we can see how we look like in jedi attires. :D

Archived