Home

Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)

Rumor

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK now lemmy be the first to say somethin bad about this patch. I still get the damn invalid folder message on some servers. It is much better now but i still get them. I just goed and buyed the original after 20 ppl tould me that its cuz of my illegal copy. Now i buyed the original and its still there. ARGHHHHHHHH. Graphical fixes and bug fixes are all nice and good but for what use are they for me if i cant join half of the servers :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

LOL you get the invalid folder message on some servers because those are running the wrong version, then.

--------

Right now few servers are running the patch anyway, but they will soon for sure. As far as patches go, it's good because it doesn't change much... but that also makes it bad imo. The inconsistant damage with sabers was something that really needed to be worked on. Example: sometimes a roll stab right in the back can kill in one hit and sometimes it wont. That needs to be dealt with. What I don't understand is why raven messed with the rolling. WHO CARES ABOUT ROLLING! They just went through all this trouble to make rolling more difficult than before and took out holding crouch while running to keep rolling. With all the little problems in the game I just find it amusing that they'd waste time messing with how players roll....

Im not sure they are running the wrong version. Its the ingame browser i was joining from. And also i tryed from ASE a few servers and invalid folder appeared in 4 from 5 tryes. I was joining the basejka version with the protocol 26.

Just downloading the newest nVidia drivers to see if that will fix some of the problems i get on some maps :( :( :(

Ok, as you know we have rules against posting about warez, so consider this your warning.

Anyway, completely remove any "illegal" versions of the game (leaked beta, warez, whatever) from your system. Next remove the Demo version (if you have it) from your system completely.

In fact, uninstall every single version of JA you have from your computer. Now you'll want to install the REAL game in a fresh folder.

Take the original CD's (for the full retail version of JA) and install them per the usual method.

Now get the 1.01 patch from lucasfiles.com (maybe the one you got was a corrupt patch or something?). Install it.

Restart your comp. Then try joining a server that's listed as basejka (1.011)

Check to see if your video card drivers are current.

Check to see that your DirectX version is up to date.

Needless to say you should remove any mods you had installed previously that might be screwing up the game.

Does it work now?

I've noticed that with the patch, devmap (not devmapall) doesn't always work the first time you try it.

I noticed this as well.. so it's not just me!

Ok also iv done this:

I removed all traces from a beta from my computer. I removed the full version. I removed all maps etc. I removed any directory which had to do with JA. I goed to the registry and manually deleted everithing that has to do with lucas, sw, JA. Downloaded and installed the nVidia drivers version 52.16. Restarted my computer!

Installed the full retail JA. Installed the patch. Run JA. From 5 servers i try to join i get in 3 and get the invalid folder message on 2. From ASE from 5 servers i try to join 4 works on 1 get invalid folder.

My system specs are:

Athlon XP 2200+

512MB DDR333

nVidia GeForce 4 MX440 64MB DDR

WD 40GB 7200 rpm, WD 60GB 7200rpm

MSI KT3V (newest bios on it)

I hope this works itself out in a few days or im gonna ask my money back :( :( :( Payed allot money for something that dont even work :( :( :( :(

Yah taht server works ^^. Donno why the others doesnt work then. Is the ingame browser showing also the old version?

*EDIT*: Also the stupid Linux server has a big bug in it. My friend has a server for his clan and he has put the new linux server today. Whenever somewone tryes to join his jk3 crashes. Its not only on his server on some other also! Is there a cure for that?

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

what is the cheat master gonna do? :D

i'm sorry to say that the cheat master is starting to pass into the west (getting bored). While i will stay with lucas forums, don't expect any ground-breaking cheats soon, but i'll try the patch and see if i can get kicks to work with all types of sabers.

I seem content with my own enter cut-scene find and my saberstaff throw but i'll try to find more cheats for the public:)

Ah i just checked a few things when joining a server and it seems that i cant connect to any server that is a Linux server from the 10 nov 2003. My JA always crashes on such servers or i get the invalid folder message. On the other hand i can connect to servers from the 24. oct and the 30. oct 2003. I dont understand that! How many version of that servers are there? :eek: :eek: :confused::mad:

Originally posted by Lord Death =RG=

Ah take a look at this. I just went to a duel server (it was empty) and i took this screen.

http://ds.gamer.hr/pics/error1.JPG

I've had that same prob. on Yavin since I bought the game in Sept., well the first couple of weeks it worked fine, and it seems to be gone once again.

I do not know what caused and how I fixed it, it may be server side glitch/bug whatever.

Oh, and btw: I Have a legal copy w/ documentation to prove so

eniaC

Does anyone know if this patch has fixed the hit box of the Jawa for multiplayer? I'm still not allowed to let people use the Jawa at the JK3Files server. :mad:

BTW, the only "illegal" models which were removed were the Luke and Kyle menu skins, which were the ones missing their lower body. (Which were not allowed at JK3Files either)

If server admins are running the new server exes without including the new assets3.pk3 file on their end, then people who try to join those servers with legit copies and the correct patch will get the invalid server message through no fault of their own.

Just pick another server if you get this message.

Originally posted by Charlemane

If server admins are running the new server exes without including the new assets3.pk3 file on their end, then people who try to join those servers with legit copies and the correct patch will get the invalid server message through no fault of their own.

Just pick another server if you get this message.

IIRC, this happened a lot with 1.04 in JO. It wouldn't prevent you from connecting, but the gameplay was default 1.03. It shouldn't take to long for people to clue in.

I have another problem with the patch.

I used to have a nice ping between 100-155 since my hosted server is in the states and im over in holland.

Anyway my ping now is 170-250... wot the heck happened ???

I'm very close in removing the dang patch coz I cant do a single thing on my server without lagging..

In a duel i hop and hop.. I used to be able to duel without lag.. now with the patch installed I get an abruptive high ping..

I think this patch needs to be patched. I know it took a few patches for JO back when it was new. But this is getting rediculous.. i cant beat anyone anymore.

Thank you..

I have had a lot of lag lately as well, but I'm not sure if the patch is at fault or just my ISP.

Pings seem anywhere from 50-100 ms higher than usual.

I've always had lag problems on Siege Desert for the most part (laggier than the other siege maps or FFA, etc) and lots of connection interrupted on the worst days.

But I've played it on other servers with less problems, so it may just be me...

Archived