Home

iPod's Dirty Little Secret

Boba Rhett

iPod's Dirty Little Secret?

Ehehee... I love that guy.

Could this be? :eek: From other discussions about it that I've seen they don't deny it but they do say the battery can be replaced for 50 is you do it yourself or 100 if you have apple do it. Still sounds like a giant screw job to me....

iPods are already higher priced than most other MP3 players and have a sound rating and battery life that usually scores lower than others too; now this?

Naughty iPod! Naughty! No cookie!

Heh, I just ahd to pay $210 for Powerpoint, and you know what came in the box? Just a little DVD-like case witha CD in it. No documentation, no warranty, no offers, no MANUAL, nothing.

I'm starting to think that switching to Apple might not be that bad with their iPOD thing, but now that goes terribly wrong...

I just don't know what to do anymore... :(

Originally posted by STTCT

what are those?

I'll assume you are...

The Linux OS is available from many different versions (called "Distributions") from a bunch of different companies, and many of them offer it free for individual users to download.

Right now, a comapany called SCO is trying to sue the hell out of all the different Linux and UNIX software vendors out there, saying that they own the copyrights to code found in all this software. If they succeeed it will effectively put and end to the free versions of Linux for sure, and just might kill it altogether.

Curiously, SCO chose to take this course of actions almost immediately after inking a large agreement with Microsoft, who has decided recently that stopping open-source software (such as Linux) is thier number one priority at this point.

Hmmm...

Archived