Home

CTF: change teams when uneven?

Lightsaberboy

this is a topic that can go either way. whenever i play a ctf match, somewhere within that point one team cries out "even teams", usually when they are the losing team. usually it's good to be a good sport and change to their team to even it, but lately on any ctf server in jk2 and ja people cry "teams" then someone changes, and it evens for a few minutes, then gets uneven again because people enter/leave, and then people go back and forth. ive stopped changing teams within games because after a while it gets pointless because a few minutes later it becomes uneven again, whether i have 4 people and they have 8 or vice versa.

what are your thoughts?

Whenever I'm playing CTF or any team based game in general, I always click the auto-team button upon joining. But after that I never change teams unless numbers are ridiculously low. If it's like 10v8 I won't bother but if the numbers are like 6v2, I will if I bother to press tab.

It's pretty stupid how people don't use auto-team and either join the winning team or the team whos color they like most.

It's really annoying on public servers when people keep joining the leading team and won't even the teams. I asked Hex to add a command to xMod I call x_cteams that will allow the admin to automatically move the person with the fewest minutes\points on the leading team to the trailing team. He said he will put it in the next version (2.2).

Teams are uneven if there is a difference of 3 maybe 4 people.

I have played just a fiew days ago on the jk2 {ct} guns server.

There were 3 people on my team and 11 on the other.. then I scored one time and my team mates LEFT. It was me against 11 people but I still won.

That was CRAZY!

I scored 9 points by myself!!!!!

It was halarious because the people on the other team were yelling at me that I cheat... lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next map came and it was waring fractions.

I camped with the flag at the top of the map and wouldnt let anyone get up.

After a fiew minuets of no team evening I left because all they were doing was whyning at me about how they think im a cheater.

I guess thats a good thing :)

I always go to the team with less players even if they are winning or losing. I hate it when people switch from the losing team to the winning team when the winning team already has more people than the losing team, then at the end of the match, they say 'We own'.

originally posted by g//plaZma:

Whenever I'm playing CTF or any team based game in general, I always click the auto-team button upon joining. But after that I never change teams unless numbers are ridiculously low. If it's like 10v8 I won't bother but if the numbers are like 6v2, I will if I bother to press tab.

I'm exactly the same way. I always choose auto-team, no matter how far ahead a given team is. Unless it gets ridiculously unbalanced, I won't switch teams. I've seen smaller teams beat larger ones, so I figure that if there's a smaller opposing team, they still have a fighting chance. (unless it's 12 to 2 or something like that)

What really gets my goat is that (particularly on Siege servers) newcomers will always join the winning team. To make matters worse, I've seen people who start out on the smaller team, wait for the heat of battle, then switch teams to run roughshod over their badly outnumbered former allies. After the round is over, they go back to the smaller team when people complain about uneven teams, then wait for the heat of battle before once again defecting from their team.

It makes me furious. If you're going to be a fair weather friend, at least be obvious about it and join the winning team from the start, don't go rubbing salt into a wound by turning traitor.

Originally posted by g//plaZma

It's pretty stupid how people don't use auto-team and either join the winning team or the team whos color they like most.

How else are they going to get the blue lightsaber, and thus avoid the dishonour of being a dark jedi? Playing for the red team would identify them as Sith and/or Empire and ergo would be lamers.

Lol.

Okay guys, let's start a new "HONOR CODE" (since we know how catchy they are) for CTF.

It should be as follows:

1) Joining the underdog team is honorable.

2) Joining the winning team is dishonorable.

3) Joining the losing team when they are short a player is heroic.

4) If you join the losing side and they win because of you, you are a true honorable warrior.

5) Teams Uneven = Lame. Fix it by joining the team that's short. The first person who does this is "TEH H0n0rz".

6) Remember that to be true to the movies, you have to support the underdogs, after all that's what the Rebels did, and that's what the Jedi do. They fight for the people who are outnumbered, against the evil Empire (the bigger winning team).

7) Better to die honorably when outnumbered than to join the winning team that has all the advantages and win without even trying.

8) Auto Team is a very honorable option!

Who's with me?

We could call it the "CTF Code"...

Put *CTFC* in your tag or something.

Or maybe *ATC* (Auto Team Code)!

Just remember to bow after each flag capture. ; )

The thing that used to annoy me in jk2 (I hardly play pubs in Ja at all) was that you could have an even team setup ie 6 v 6 ,but the team with the most players who actually knew what they were doing would win (usually clan players under alias).

So if reds have 2 elite players, one of them could stay and def, the other cap. If blue only had one elite player (say... me), I was pretty screwed since I couldnt def and off at the same time, this used to really annoy me when I was the only one who knew how to strafe jump, do flag d etc. As soon as I ran to cap, our flag was wide open, and if I was def then there was no-one to go cap for us as they'd get annhialated by the other teams elite defendse. :p

(please note use of the word elite is to differentiate between the good and not so goo dplayers, i know there are many players more elite than myself ;) )

Archived