Home

RotK PC Game

Crow_Nest

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BongoBob

I just rented it on the cube, and am stuck on the level before the crack of doom, the black gate. I beat the boss fine, but then when it comes to saving my fellow teammates, well, ya. Any suggestions?

theres specific enemies that kick the crap out of them, you need to base yourself central enough so that you can spot this, most of the time you can take them out using your ranged weapon, including the archers, who really get stuck into legolas i found.....

Only when the 'bosses' come do you need to divert your attention to them. i did find though, when playing as gandalf and the 3/4th 'boss' or so came, was the same time an archer went for legolas, so you need to deal with that quickly before getting back to the boss.

So :

*Ranged weapon is the key, saves running around

*Prioritising, basically help a teammate if he is getting clobbered - if you can do this with your ranged weapon, even better.

*Also, when things are 'quieter' rather than just standing around, just position yourself centrally and take out all the orcs around, if you do it well enough, there will be short lulls between attacks where your teammates heal themselves.

MTFBWYA

Or if you have Legolas, you can upgrade to the Elven Mastery which not only allows you to shoot two arrows, but the arrows can go through enemies and kill others. Just hold down the shoot button to build up the strength instead of just needlessly firing off a volley of arrows. and just kick some orc ass.

Hey ! Does anyone know if the PC version had mods/skins... basically i wouldnt mind playing as eowyn(no jokes about wanting to be a girl plz...), she was pretty kick-ass in the movie(and book)... I cant believe we got those wimps merry and pippin instead, they were deliberately kept out of the fighting for most of the book/movie.... :confused:

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Hey ! Does anyone know if the PC version had mods/skins... basically i wouldnt mind playing as eowyn(no jokes about wanting to be a girl plz...), she was pretty kick-ass in the movie(and book)... I cant believe we got those wimps merry and pippin instead, they were deliberately kept out of the fighting for most of the book/movie.... :confused:

MTFBWYA

Eowyn was kick ass in the book? I'm pretty sure that in the book she wasn't the one who killed the Ringwraith. It was Merry who killed it.

Originally posted by Jedi Luke

Eowyn was kick ass in the book? I'm pretty sure that in the book she wasn't the one who killed the Ringwraith. It was Merry who killed it.

Correction, it was BOTH of them whoo killed him. But in the game, only Eowyn kill him. :cool:

And astro, i dont think theres any mod/skin/patch out yet, cause if you look in the files in the folders when you install the game, you wont find any skin/model file.

Originally posted by Jedi Luke

nope. but Merry does get an 'assist'..... Eowyn is a very strong female character in the book(probably the strongest IMO) In ROTK EE expect to see Eowyn do even more hack n slash.....

MTFBWYA

*Easy level completion the "tree" part in The Road to Isenguard*

After killing the 4 orcs, run to the far end (near where the part where the tree destroy the rocks) they cannot attack you if you are there, and kill the enemies that keep coming from the hill top.

*Tip for killing level boss*

You dont need a tip for this one :p

*Tip for killing small spiders in Shelob's Lair*

Use fierce attack on them once, then ground stab. Or use "Final Judgement" if you have purchased that upgrade.

*Get more xp points in Cirth Ungol*

1. There is a small tunnel leading to a room full of enemies after killing a few enemies.

2. Up stairs in the large room with orcs and Urk, cut down the rope releasing a big... Whatever you call it...

3. In the same room, go down the stairs is a door leading outside, "use" the pot of boiling hot oil/lava and kill the enemies below.

4. The bridge (before the boss) are 5 or 4 orcs and 1 urk that you can kill.

I think he ground the guide into his protein shake

Anyway, I played the GC version and its a hell of a lot easier so haha for you foolish PC users who don't have a console to play it on... HAHAHAHAHAHA. It's still not as cool as the two towers, I liked the camera angles better... whats the point of better graphics if your 500 feet away from your character. Then again, a different developer created this game(TTT was made by Stormfront Studios, they were not called back to make ROTK, and are now working on a D&D game based on the TTT engine -Game Informer)

Archived