Home

Lord of the Rings - Racist?

Kylilin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, I just read it, this guy is a freaking retard:

Of course there are redeeming images and ideas portrayed in the films such as the Ents protecting the forests by destroying the industrial military complex as well as the fact that white people can be turned to evil to join forces with all the evil dark skinned man flesh eating Orcs and Uruk-hai.

:lol: it looks like someone needs to sit down and watch the extended bonus features of TTT :rolleyes:

In the way of feeding us disturbing images forged from the dephs of your mind...

Back to the subject, do these guys look like any native americans you know?

lotr2_2-80496.jpgproduction_436_mini.jpg

I would be more offended by his essay than LotR

oh yea, and he forgot about these guys: wildmen.jpg

He says about the colour of the skin of orcs etc and how all the black-coloured ones were evil. They're ORCS! What were both Tolkein and the film makers supposed to do? Make the orcs of red skin?

[sarcasm]Oh no, they can't have red skin because that would be racist to red people, but would also be prejudiced towards native-americans and ancient britons/french because they wore red war paint.[/sarcasm]

Originally posted by Excelsion

He says about the colour of the skin of orcs etc and how all the black-coloured ones were evil. They're ORCS! What were both Tolkein and the film makers supposed to do? Make the orcs of red skin?

They could have gone with the warcraft/warhammer way, and give 'em green skin... but it wouldn't have worked on the big screen, especially since the orcs are born out of the earth... :rolleyes:

Read the comments below :rofl:. They're funny. Very funny. Here's a quote:

uhhh its a movie get a life and stop thinking everything is made as something racist.ITS A BOOK ! ! ! ! ! and it was made in NZ not america u ignorant biggot

This is the worst piece of liberal trash I have ever read...

What a crock of boiling festering crap.

In lue of castration I say we just take his computer away. Technological castration is what we can call it I guess.

The only connection I can make between the uruk-hai and native americans right now is the war paint... but just about all cultures used a fashion of war paint therefore that point is moot.

Get this guy a girlfriend so he has a better place to put his energy to.

Originally posted by The_One

Hey, let's just be clear here, castration isn't the answer to all the world's social problems.

I don't believe it is, in any shape or form, relevant to the nature of the topic.

Let me see if I can spell this out for you. I never said castration was the answer to "all the worlds social problems." I was joking. And you either have a poor understanding of the definition of the word "relevant", or a poor sense of humor. The relevance comes from the fact that I was talking about the author of the article. In fact, your post is the only off topic post in this thread. Lighten up, and happy new year.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Let me see if I can spell this out for you. I never said castration was the answer to "all the worlds social problems." I was joking. And you either have a poor understanding of the definition of the word "relevant", or a poor sense of humor. The relevance comes from the fact that I was talking about the author of the article. In fact, your post is the only off topic post in this thread. Lighten up, and happy new year.

You make me laugh, honestly, you really do :p

They're all as bad as each other.

I like to think of myself as an imaginative and possibly well-adjusted adult. LOTR was one of my primary adolescent obsessions. I rolled the geometric dice and played Dungeons & Dragons

Well then, look at this. The loser played D&D, which shows you want type of person he is (No offense to any LF members who play D&D). He's one of (or used to be) them spotty teenagers who sound like that guy in The Simpsons (You know who I mean). And perhaps he didn't like the LOTR movies because there were no scantily clad women in it as there are in D&D.

Anyways, enough of my rant at D&D (it's the basis of the KOTOR rules :rolleyes: ). But these people are just trying to make themselves stand out. It's like someone writing in to PC Gamer and saying "I hate Half-Life".

Archived