Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

Duncan, i found something out:

in the MOD MBII (Movier Battles 2) has the ATAT the correct size ( like the picture), but it has many errors:

-no textures

-a few animations wont work

-the secondary firemode wont work

-you can walk through it

i got sreenies... i can send you them if you want... just tell me

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Duncan_10158, umm, I sent you the file, did you like it? Sorry about naming it "atat.pk3." I read what you said about this at http://www.pcgamemods.com and I have to disagree. I hate naming files anything that they aren't. I hate having to deal with file that are named with weird letters and numbers that I have no time to understand.

Oh, and do you like my AT-AT? I'm gonna try to put shields on it.

:fett:

Looks pretty amazing. As probably pointed out before, you can judge the scale in JA based on the "crashed AT-AT" on Siege Hoth. That's the head! (zoom out in specator mode and you'll see).

The AT-ST in JA (and the rest of the JK series) is not quite full scale with the humans, since it looks like a one-man craft rather than a two-man like in ROTJ.

Likewise the AT-AT may not be "full scale" (in the movie, three men easily fit into the cockpit of the "head") with plenty of elbow room, but it's still definately huge.

Once all the animations are done, the real trick is figuring a way to fit it into a mission, since the thing would be so powerful.

Still, great work, I hope you get it done, regardless, it's quite an achievement. Let the mappers use their imagination to find a way to make it useful. ; )

Currently in JA you can't have seperate gunners for a multi-person vehicle. Well you can, but their view port will be SUPER SHAKEY making aim virtually impossible. This is because of bad prediction code or something I don't understand.

However, I think that the AT-AT would still be good as a multiperson vehicle. Why? Well you can have 1 gunner pilot, but it's a TRANSPORT right? So other players can ride along with it. Of course if the vehicle blows, they ALL die.

One way to get around the health issue (other than making only points of it vulnerable) is to simply make the WHOLE THING one big target (vulnerable only to certain weapons like explosives, sabers, demp2, etc) and just give it a ton of health. But maybe make the vulnerable points to MORE damage to it than usual.

That way troops on the ground could be hitting it with stuff to distract while the ships do the real damage.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Hmm... should the primary fire be linked? The alternate fire shouldn't be green either. I'll try to find some stills from the movie of blaster fire from AT-ATs...

I made it so you could link and unlink the primary and alternate fire. And, I would like it to remain green. It looks cooler, and you can then tell the difference between the shots.

Wow, nice picture. Yep, it is red. I have always known that. It's just that you might like to know what is being shot at you. With green fire, you know. Oh, I may need to retexture it too. Dunacn_10158's sorta looks too good. Like it is in mint condition. I'll fix that...

The AT-ST laser is slightly different looking than the Hoth turret laser. I've also made the turbolaser move a little faster than the AT-ST laser. So it can kinda how big the explosion will be when you're blasted into oblivion. :)

why would anyone care what they are being shot at with? they are both lasers from a huge AT-AT. it's not like either one is gonna make someone want to move out of the way any faster. And if you do decide to still go against the movies, at least chose a color that was actually used in a star wars video game (a purple beam in star wars force commander)

or if you want there to be a difference and still be true to the movies, then make the chingun be a real fat blast and the head-side ones be thinner.

Archived