Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

TK-8252, i had not yet the time to use your settings for the ATAT but i will surely do that. the faster laser speed and useing the turolaser effects are great ideas as i see it only from the files.

but a question to the maxpassengers, could that affect in any kind the game stability? did someone test that already with 32?

then the explosionDelay, you sett it to 5350, thats less then the hole death animation takes, so it wont show to the end anymore, is that intended?

Zappa_0, the low hitpoints was just for easy kill, this was not a final setting. also there is a secondary weapon, the lasers on the side are main, the onces under the head are secondary.

majinrevan, if you bring together something you are happy with, just let me konw and send it to me, thanks.

KOTORMRJay, i just send you a mail as you requested. your help would be very welcome.

WaR_ShArK_aX are you KOTORMRJay in the last post? could you give us a bit more info what you mean with helping i the size problem. you know, the size is somehow linked to the extend of movements in the animation. the farer a bone moves during animation from the center of the model, the smaller is the max size. its like an absolut max distance that a bone can be moving, scaling doesnt affect that. i cant explain that in detail cause i dont realy understand that. but if you now a solution, please give us more information.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I do beleive I have a soultion but we should talk through msn messenger or a more instant means to be sure,I also could use some help from you as well but we can discuss these things then.

Sadly I am out the door for the rest of the day but will chek back and read that email late tonight and will be avaliable most of the day tomorow untill 5 pm. I look forward to talking to you then.

KOTORMRJay

Hmm, I don't see why having a full 32 person server all riding in the same AT-AT would cause any problems... an [LC] member is making a Death Star vehicle (LOL) that'll have 32 passenger support. I'll be testing the new AT-AT with a few people, I'll see how it goes.

The explosion delay seems perfect for it right now. It explodes right at the last frame when it hits the ground on its side. The way the beta was set up, it didn't explode at all. It just burned and the gigantic heap of metal vanished.

Majin, I'd be interested in seeing how you've set the AT-AT. Mind posting your files here as I have done? :)

O.K., first things first. Duncan, what is your e-mail address?

Second, TK-8252, here is my awesome file editing skills:

The following is the AT-AT Gun, which I set as alternate fire.

atat_gun

{

name atat_gun

projectile 1

muzzleFX "atat/turbo_muzzle_flash"

shotFX "atat/turbo_shot"

impactFX "turret/turbo_impact"

g2MarkShader "gfx/damage/bodyburnmark_glow"

g2MarkSize 16

speed 5000

damage 2000

splashDamage 600

splashRadius 400

ammoPerShot 1

width 8

height 8

lifetime 10000

}

Here is the AT-AT Laser, which is et to primary fire.

atat_laser

{

name atat_laser

projectile 1

muzzleFX "turret/hoth_muzzle_flash"

shotFX "turret/hoth_shot"

impactFX "turret/hoth_impact"

g2MarkShader "gfx/effects/scorch"

g2MarkSize 16

speed 7500

damage 1500

splashDamage 500

splashRadius 300

ammoPerShot 1

lifetime 2000

}

Here is my .veh file. You might like some of my changes. I put 16 passengers, not 32. Here is why: 32 people on a server, MAX. 16 Vs. 16, meaning that all of the people on a team can get into it. Yes, you could put 32 people in it if it were a FFA server, but it isn't as much fun, and think of the MAJOR LAGGAGE!!

ATAT

{

name ATAT

type VH_WALKER

numHands 2

hideRider 1

killRiderOnDeath 1

lookYaw 45

lookPitch 45

length 800

width 800

height 800

centerOfGravity "-0.222 0 0"

speedMax 150

speedMin -50

acceleration 8

decelIdle 20

strafePerc 0.0

bankingSpeed 0.0

rollLimit 2

pitchLimit 0

braking 10

mouseYaw 0.003

mousePitch 0.01

turningSpeed 1

turnWhenStopped 0

traction 100

friction 100

maxSlope 0.7

mass 1000

armor 9000

toughness 0.0

model atat

//This just doesn't work on levels with fog, so... leave it off

//skin alpha

radarIcon "gfx/menus/radar/atst"

explosionRadius 5000

explosionDamage 95000

explodeFX "ships/sd_explosion"

explosionDelay 6000

maxPassengers 16

soundOn "sound/chars/atst/atst_hatch_close.mp3"

soundOff "sound/chars/atst/atst_hatch_open.mp3"

soundFire1 "sound/vehicles/atat/fire1.wav"

weap1 atat_laser

weap1Delay 200

weap1AmmoMax 75

weap1AmmoRechargeMS 500

weap1Link 1

weapMuzzle1 atat_laser

weapMuzzle2 atat_laser

weap2 atat_gun

weap2Delay 500

weap2Aim 1

weap2AmmoMax 100

weap1AmmoRechargeMS 800

weap2Link 1

weapMuzzle3 atat_gun

weapMuzzle4 atat_gun

cameraOverride 1

cameraRange 1000

cameraVertOffset 280

//cameraPitchOffset 0

cameraFOV 375

//This just doesn't work on levels with fog, so... leave it off

//cameraAlpha 0.25

cameraPitchDependantVertOffset 0

}

O.K., you may have noticed some new directories like, "sounds/vehicles/atat" and "effects/atat." I created new directories, added new sounds, and new graphics for the lasers in alternate fire. Now, I still have to test it. I had tons of homework today and I had drum lessons. I will be testing it within the next 15 min. Then, I'll post here about how it was.

:fett:

BTW- How do you put in the "code" thing that TK-8252 did for his files?

Whoa!! That was weird. I just tested it....it shoots weird invisible missles. It just shoots a line of smoke (the sounds aren't working either :( ) and the explosion burns and disentigrates (spelling?)stuff. Also, primary fire is a must keep!! I'll fix this file on Thursday, tomorrow I have a Tennis match for school. The speed is better, so is the height. But, instead of the atat_gun shooting green, it shot...smoke...very powerful smoke...

Anyway, I'll be on the forums during school tomorrow.

O.K., I'm in class right now, but there is more. Here are the problems:

1. Shoots smoke for alternate fire. The file for the turbolaser .jpg was gray, so I colored it green. Obviously, In shouldn't have. I'll turn it back to the original one so it shoots green. Maybe it just is gray and appears green in the game.

2. I need to figure out why the sounds that I downloaded weren't working. Maybe the directories are spelled wrong. Maybe the file is spelled wrong. Maybe it has the wrong format, I'll have to check.

3. The graphics for the scorch -- I changed it to the glow scorch graphics. When I spawned the AT-AT, it said something about the graphics file not working with some tangled other file or something.

Well, those are all of the problems. If I have time today, I'll fix them, then test them, then post here the files. The height, speed, other stuff, etc. is fine. Well, I actually have to increase the height, width, and length.

U R FRIGIN AMAZING, I LUV UR WEAPONS ON THE SHIPS ON KFS!!!! How did u make them!!!

Ive got to admit I really liked the size of ur AT-AT. So do u have a release date for KFS 3 its the best space map ever especially when im running my taxi business some of u may seen me on a kfs serer or not its

LORDLARD'S TAXI CO.

Nice going all of u.

I just thought there, how on earth did u get the AT-AT that size KOTORMrJay? Its just perfect.U r a genius. I think things would turn out the best if u, Duncan, Majin Raven and TK-8252 work on this together then it would be stunning adn yet again I feel i have to say i luv Majin Raven's AOTC work like the dark jedi starfighter and the cool republic gunship.

Is it just me or is it sort of fun to move lots of people in a big huge slow - moving hunk o' junk? I would luv to see a massive cruiser style ship that was massive and slow moving and could transport hundreds of people!!!!!

Cool work people

Did Mr Jay say there was a KFS discussion group on msn on friday's? Well id really like to here about the No.3 of my all time - all games favourite map.And just finish with yet another complement Tfighterpilot i luv ur mario skin.

Yes that is correct I am setting up discussions /meeting/ and occasional beta test for Fridays at 8:30 texas time(central time)

As far as all us working togther I too think this would be a wise idea and I am awaiting a responce to that very subject via email or msn.

I thank you for the support ,it is very much appricated. Hopefully the interview will be posted soon at jedioutcastmovies (very eager to see it up myself too) and it should have some more info on the subject.Who knows mabe drum up a bit more assitance .

Just to show how excellant and timeless KOTOR_FLIGHT_SCHOOL is do you know it is still on the top 10 most downloaded lot of major file websites and its been out for what, over a year now!I thought every JK3 gamer would have it by now it is truly the best!!!!

Actualy picks are always a bit missleading you would have to run it in game to see. If the legs are much closer togther they tend to impact eatchother on movment.But a ATAT is a ATAT and mine won't work on the project he was intendead for so he has been on the "cutting room floor" for a bit now.If and when I go back to tweak on him i'll consider the leg issues .But the ATAT is not high on my priority list. However I always welcome constructive critisem so thank you. (and keep in mind ,that pick ,I had war shark take was just to show that I may have a solution for size on a animated ATAT.) But I use customed tools so we will see.:atat:

MadCow1989, read what I wrote in earlier posts. The only problem with my AT-AT is that it shot smoke...and the alternate fire didn't have its sound working. I'll fix them, then you can beta test it for me, O.K.?

Dolmkazaahr, yes I can make you that vehicle that you asked of me. The spawn name will be: "lambdashuttle_lordlardtaxi." Without that period after it of course. I'll make it yellow, O.K., and them put the name of your "TAXI Co."

YEAH!!

I finally did it. My AT-AT has to be the best!! The sounds work, the size is okay (the bounding box). The lasers are perfect too. And the speed is perfect. Primary fire shoots the atat_laser, changed to look like the Hoth Turret. Alternate fire shoots the atat_gun, changed to look like the Imperial Laser, but with new sounds. The sounds actually are from the movie The Empire Strikes Back. The sounds sound exactly like an AT-AT.

Duncan_10158, if you don't use my AT-AT, I'm sorry to say, but you are crazy (because it is so good)!!

Duncan_10158, what is your e-mail address, I'll send it to you. It is only, like, 900-something KBs.

MadCow1989, I'll send it to you too.

Dolmkazzahr, I am working on your shuttle. Please go to the thread that I have started on it in the Editing Requests section.

:atat: :atat: :fett::atat: :atat: <---- Boba Fett's AT-AT honor guard!!

Thanks i would luv u to amke a LordLard Taxi, could u please write LordLard's Taxi co. on it. Thanks a million. I cant wait to see how u hav made the AT-AT.

WaR_ShArK_aX i luv those weapons.Especially the secondary fire on the Tie-wing.

And thanks again Majin Raven.R u sure, its so good and it will be cool!!!!!!

MadCow1989 and Duncan_10158, I just sent you e-mails with the AT-AT. Sorry though, one e-mail has the attachment, one doesn't. I sent you both two e-mails. I forgot to attach the file until after I sent it.

Archived