Home

Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedie Outcast...

.eXzOr

unless you want quake style fighting... kotor is much cooler... saber combat in jedi outcast isnt even saber combat... its more like a mix of using force jump alot and the landing on the ground and slashing into your opponent and jumping away again...

it may be cool in the beginning, but it quickly becomes boring...

and for me, simply watching and directing the cinematic style fighting is much cooler than jumping around in the unrealistic battles you see in JKII...

Originally posted by .eXzOr

This game looks a lot better then knights of the old republic... you actually get to do the fighting rather than choosing who you want to attack then push a button...

It is a totally different game. Look, Jedi Outcast is a FPS (first person shooter) and KotOR is a RPG. They are both Star Wars, and both offer plenty of action and excitement. They are also both in my 'top 5 all-time' list ...

Mike

• 1 month later...

After playing KotOR, I can't even play JKII, JA, or any other shooters because I got so used to not completely controlling the player. I hate the whole jumping and crouching thing from JA and JKII now :D. Seriously though, has anyone else had any trouble adjusting back and forth between games?

Originally posted by Demolisher

After playing KotOR, I can't even play JKII, JA, or any other shooters because I got so used to not completely controlling the player. I hate the whole jumping and crouching thing from JA and JKII now :D. Seriously though, has anyone else had any trouble adjusting back and forth between games?

I had no problem with shooters - I played XIII after Christmas without problem. But since November I've been almost all-RPG (KotOR, NWN:HotU, BG2, back to NWN OC) so when I played JA a few weeks back my saber skills were more rusty than they had been since the first time I played JKII in early April 2002 ... not a bad thing, necessarily - it made it plenty challenging!

But I actually re-developed my love of JA whiel playing it again. I thought I'd find it trite but I really love it!

Mike

Originally posted by Crowy

i would much rather kotor, no lamers for starters :D

OK, so now we're comparing a MP FPS to a SP RPG? :rolleyes:

Talk about lamers ;)

And DarksideDjembe, remember - you don't *control* anyone in a RPG, you select the actions for them to perform, and perhaps initiate the dice rolling sequence. As I've said, it is very different popping heads with a sniped OICW in SoFII vs. stacking a time stop, IGMS, and a couple of maximized fireballs in NWN. *THAT* is exactly the comparison people are trying to make.

Which has a deeper, more involved and involving story? Duh?!?! Which is objectively a better game? I'd say KotOR. Which is a better RPG? KotOR. Which is a better FPS? JA.

Mike

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Bah, I can't believe someone would come here and post a thread about JK:JO being better then KotOR. Like if the answer aren't going to be obvious...

Well, given that it is all LucasForums ... it's not like some poor fool trying to argue the merits of 'Enter The Matrix' or something ...

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

... it's not like some poor fool trying to argue the merits of 'Enter The Matrix' or something ...

I thought Enter the Matrix was fun, despite what all the critics said, the combat was interesting & the story helped support the movies. Enter the Matrix is a better third-person action game than KOTOR is. Though KOTOR is an RPG... (KOTOR is the better game!)

:D :D

Um ... I was making a general point, in that this place is chock full off Star Wars fans, but also has plenty of Matrix fans. Someone coming here making an assertion that EtM is better than KotOR would be a troll, looking to cause trouble. The person starting this thread is obviously primarily an FPS/Action gamer, and was disappointed by KotOR (probably their first RPG).

Some say it is foolish to ask here because obviously everyone would think KotOR is better. But yet if you asked at the JK forums (there was a recent thread) many people would prefer KotOR as well.

My point is that these are the two Star Wars action games of 2003, and it is possible to really love both on their own merits.

Mike

Originally posted by DarksideDjembe

KOTOR has a better storyline, better character develpment, more character mods...more weapon mods... the list goes on and on and on...you can control more than one person in battle... its better.

Almost as if it was an RPG and not a FPS...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by {Sith}-Guyver3

yea but just being able to go darkside is all that i care about:atat:

Well, you can do that in both games, but (like most things) while you get to *directly* exercise your terrible dark powers on others only in JA, in KotOR you see your powers play out in a tremendous storyline.

So it is the same, but different. Like most things between a RPG and a FPS.

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

oki cant speak for the person who started this thread but kotor is my first rpg or at least the first rpg i can really sink my teeth into and enjoy the taste however i havent played jedi knight 2 or 1 so i cant compare i did try a demo of jedi knight 2 and the control system just felt clumsy maybe it was me and i was just a bad player but i would highly recomend kotor to anyone

p.s. I pity the fools who havent played kotor

Archived