Home

Jedi Problem

Arathorn

Hi,

I know this sounds selfish and boring but i think they shouldn't have the perm death for becoming a jedi (unlocking the force thing). I don't actually have the game but i was intending to buy it, but when i saw that if you became a jedi and died a few times, your account would be banned, i thought what if you spend loads of time and money on trying to be a jedi and your account was deleted, so now im not going to buy Star Wars Galaxies because i only really wanted to become a Jedi as that interests me, as of a large number of other people, and im not going to waste my time and money training up to be a good jedi and just have it all destroyed.

This will lose them alot of money as lots of people want to be jedi's, and without having their account deleted.

i don't have the game but i'm going to get it, but anyways i believe if you die a few times that Jedi becomes unplayable, which is bad but your account still works, and anyways i don't really want to be a Jedi, most Star War games are strictly Jedi and i want a wide variety of proffesions

I agree with what your saying but, I am not willing to pay and waste my time when my account going to be destroyed even though im going to put hard work into becoming a jedi.

Mostly when people think of Star Wars, they think of Jedi and the force because really thats what most of the movies are about and if SW Galaxies are taking away the right (i know they let you train to be a jedi, but im talking about the deleting account part)

to stay a jedi and train then they will lose alot of money as i would love to get the game, but now that ive found out that if i train up to be jedi, my account will be deleted if i get killed a few times i don't want it as i really like the whole jedi element.

I know that it only happens if your killed some times or something, but its obvious that your going to get killed a few times if you train on beasts and make an accident.

Thanks

Originally posted by lil_dude

i don't have the game but i'm going to get it, but anyways i believe if you die a few times that Jedi becomes unplayable, which is bad but your account still works, and anyways i don't really want to be a Jedi, most Star War games are strictly Jedi and i want a wide variety of proffesions

not your account, just that Jedi charecter, i agree that it's still a bad thing that the char doesn't work anymore but in SWG it's the strongest of ALL the proffesions and i've heard 1 Jedi can take on 2 or 3 guys at 1 time and that it's suicide to attack a Jedi alone, so it's probly rare for someone to kill you, but i'm sure it happens

Originally posted by Arathorn

Well, i hope they deeply think about this as they have lost a customer and will most likely loose more, who find out about this problem.

They do not have to make Jedi the most powerful profession, they could easily change it.

agreed, they should make it a little weaker, but it should still be the strongest, and hardest to kill, in the Expansion Pack they should make that change

the reason for this is that, SWG is not intedned to

be another Jedi game!! if you want to be jedi and,

and not do anything else play Outcast or Academy!

even Knights of the old Rep.

-You can be jedi in SWG and some of the fun is that

you live in a time where Jedi are alomst extinct and

you have to live in hiding. Lucas Arts make it hard so

you cant run around Yelling "IM A JEDI, I CAN KILL EVERYONE!"

if you do so my guess is that you

get many, many BH after you! :p

-So... if you dont think this sounds

any good, and unfair, and no other profession interest you

SWG IS NOT FOR YOU AT ALL!!

In a single player game, where there is an option to be come a Jedi, you have every right to pursue the path, even if it happens in the current timeline. It does not mess up the continuity in the game when there are only one. Every game (let's say Jedi Knight, Jedi Academy, etc... ) is a galaxy of it's own.

However, in SWG there are thousands of players in one and the same galaxy. If all of them are Jedi then it drastically changes the game and continuity of the time period. It stops being An Empire Divided and becomes ... something else.

This time does not portray the struggle of the Jedi to fight for the "little" people like you and me, but the fight of and by the little people against the tyranny of the Galactic Empire.

Change that and you change what Star Wars is all about in this time and age.

Yes, I think of the Jedi when I hear Star Wars. But I also think of the millions who fought in a time of darkness when they could not rely on the Jedi to come and save their hide. I think of Star Destroyers, I think space battles, I think AT-AT's, I think Stormtrooper, Rebel troopers, heroes who are not Jedi, etc.....

Star Wars is alot more than just Jedi. Well over 25,000 years of history portrays Star Wars. I hear we can go as far as 100,000 years back even, but that far back info is rather sketchy. ;):p

Majority of those 25,000 years the Jedi have been there most of the time to help and protect people in the Republic.

But not in in the original trilogy, which is when this game takes place.

Originally posted by impala

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you unlock your FSCS, create a character, become a jedi knight, die 3 times, you have to create a new character and work the way through the Jedi tree again, not unlock the FSCS again.

Yes that is correct ...you dont lose your FS Slot you just have to start another Jedi Character and start again.

You lose the character, that's all, but keep the slot. Where did you hear that your account gets deleted? That's ridiculous.

I agree with Jan completely.

If you know anything about star wars, you know that there were three jedi during the galactic civil war, Obiwan, Yoda, and Vader. If SWG was really continuitous (is that a word?) the only force sensitive character would be Vader! (Obiwan is dead at this time and dagobah is not in the game). And all the difficulties of being and becoming a jedi make sense. Any jedi not in hiding would be ovverrun with bounty hunters.

Originally posted by JawaJoey

You lose the character, that's all, but keep the slot. Where did you hear that your account gets deleted? That's ridiculous.

I agree with Jan completely.

If you know anything about star wars, you know that there were three jedi during the galactic civil war, Obiwan, Yoda, and Vader. If SWG was really continuitous (is that a word?) the only force sensitive character would be Vader! (Obiwan is dead at this time and dagobah is not in the game). And all the difficulties of being and becoming a jedi make sense. Any jedi not in hiding would be ovverrun with bounty hunters.

Your first response was what I had said already in the post above yours.....

Your Second response is true but Remember "there is another".......... :D

And the other is Luke. :D

Even Leia didn't become a Jedi until well after RotJ. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I believe there are many Force sensitive people in the Star Wars universe even at the time of this game, however none of those were ever trained to become Jedi. This is 2 different things.

Ok, some missunderstanding about the Jedi dieing in this game:

As long as you are below Jedi Master, dieing 3 times will only reset your characters skill. You do not have to create a new name for your character, but you will have to train it up again. However, if you are known, I suggest you delete the Jedi character and come up with a new name for yourself before you try again. ;)

Once you reach Jedi Master however, the rules changes. Once you have died as a master, you will die. Your character will then become one with the Force as a "blue glowie" as it's called (unless this has been changed? Haven't paid much attention to the Jedi stuff since before the release. :) ). At this point I am fairly certain you can never attempt to re-train your Jedi character again. It is one of the things you will have to accept for having player Jedi in this game. ;)

i think jedi's should be banned from the game neways :-p then again there would be nothing high and mighty to work for........ but i think they should be set back to a newb when they die the first time. so they can still ern it again just it will require alot of time..

but thats just me :):c3po:

other Jedi? Hmm..

Emperor's Dark Jedi on Wayland

Jorrus C'Boath (clone)

Mara Jade (sort of)

Leia (heh, yeah right)

Anyway I agree that having 20 Jedi per server is 19 too many, considering what enormous douc... err idiots they are.

I heard that the Permadeath is being changed.

3rd death = no change

6th death = Loss of some xp

9th death = Loss of 1 or more skills learned (Saber techniques for example)

Just a rumor though.

Anyway I'm not even bothering with the holocron hunt. Here are my reasons...

1) I don't feel like dropping my hard earned Profession

2) To become an interior designer

3) And sit in the cantina

4) Claiming how I will be the greatest Jedi ever

5) And avenge my (insert name)'s death from the (insert faction)

Just letting you know...don't expect to get a Jedi within a month of buying the game. I've had the game for months and I've only completed two holos. Besides that, I don't even try to become a jedi anymore because its not worth wasting my time. Just enjoy the game as a regular character if you don't want your character to die. I know two people who are Jedi and neither of them say that its THAT much better.

there are lots of force sencitive creatures in the galxy. They just do not have training. the books speak of others trained in the force hiding but the time line is only what we know of the stars in the movies ( remember the jedi are so strong because they were the stars in the movies, you mean to tell me Obi won had to LET Vader kill him , ya right ).

There are as you look serveral in hiding. so you could have lots of jedi. The people will not be in hiding like they shouild but put a bounty / some bonus for regular chariture and the jedi will be put back into hiding ( at lease until they reach master , LOL )

<--Slap the n00b!

Ok, i know enough about the force sensitive slot and everything you can find about the game without actually playing it.

theres just ONE thing i havnt found out yet

what connection do holocrons have with jedi slots?

i thought holocrons were a communication device or something.

Holocrons are ancient blue, squared baxoes that contains the essence of an long gone Jedi Master. It teaches you about the Force.

In-game they tell you what profession to master in order to open your Force Sensetive slot however.

You probably are thinking of the HoloNet when you say communications. :)

The HoloNet is a vast network that broadcasts pretty much every kind of communications over almost all of the galaxy. Most of the network was cut off from the civilians though after Palpatine had come into power, around the time the Clone Wars began, and has remained largly used by the military for communications for the fleet and army ever since.

Anywho ....

Archived