Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Admiral Chemix

having a slight problem, the 2da editor isn't popping up like it should, it acts like it popped up and I see it in the taskbar, but I see no actual window anywhere

It pops up off-screen sometimes. Try the Dock Image Viewer option to correct the problem. I love the tool but this feature seems pretty buggy =(

...either that or I don't know what I'm doing (most likely the real cause).

When any of the Kotor Tool windows behaves in this manner, it is because the "remembered" position of the window (from the last run of Kotor Tool) is off-screen or the size is too small to show. I've had this happen to me only once, so I couldn't figure out what caused the problem. You can fix it by either deleting your settings.xml file, or by editing it, looking for overly large or small numbers in the window position/size values. I've been meaning to add some "sanity-check" code to window positioner/sizer; guess I should add it to the to-do list!

Chemix, can you email me a zipped-up version of your settings.xml file before you 'fix' it?

Heya guys,i'm having a problem with the kotor tool,well not really a problem you see,but i extracted the appearance.2da file and accidentaly named it kotor_tool.exe,now i can't delete the file becuase it says its in use :p anyone can help on this?

I don't mean to rush you Fred, but how is the progress on the Module editor doing? I do apologize if I seem to be rushing after all you are practically a genius if you can make your own Aurora Toolset for kotor. Really Fred, you show us that there are really no limits to modding. Glad to have your on *our* side. Once again, not rushing, just wondering if there is a date you have set or something to get it done because it is really hard editing maps not seeing what you are doing.

Sincerely,

CM GSCCC

:D

Originally posted by Admiral Chemix

having a slight problem, the 2da editor isn't popping up like it should, it acts like it popped up and I see it in the taskbar, but I see no actual window anywhere

When this happens never fear, just right click the item in the task bar and click MAXIMIZE!

Originally posted by StormTrooper789

I have a few suggestions for the Kotor Tool. Here they are:

UTD EDITOR:

Allow changing the door between static and not static. Uses the Static entry in GFF Editor.

------

A UTP Editor would be nice. :)

That's all I can think of. ;)

What does the Static entry affect?

Originally posted by Darth Dex

Hey how about you add a .dlg editing tool to KotOr Tool, TK102 made one, but I think a non-DOS based one would be easier.

You could do it using GFF Editor, but it would be a huge pain in the...neck. I tried it once, before I discovered the dlg editor would make dialogs, and dlg editor is hands-down the winner in that race.

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

What does the Static entry affect?

If the static entry equals 0 then the door is able to open. and close. If it equals one the door is just a decoration like when you see a hallway with a door that warps you , behind that openable door is a static door.

All static doors have the name of 'static' and the static entry equalling 1.

The reason why I asked this was so I and others too, could place different doors in place of static ones and still keep their static property using Kotor Tool and not GFF Editor.

New version of Kotor Tool: v1.0.1664.28435 (2004-7-22)

New features:

* UTD (Door) editor can now alter 'Static' property

* Fix for "hidden" imageviewer when saved position information is corrupt

On a sadder note :( , I'm still having problems with my PC's hard drive; if anyone would like to show their appreciation for my development efforts in Kotor Tool, I could really use a few $$ donation to replace it before it totally wonks out on me. Those interested may contact me at the email address in the readme.txt file or via PM. Thanks to those who have already donated!!

Archived