Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

Really, it can open NWN and KotOR dialogs and alter them right now, but I am in the process of adding "Linked" Entry support and the right-click menu. Links allow you to specify an "earlier" level in a conversation to continue from when you hit a leaf node in the conversation tree, for those who don't know.

I've only put in 3 nights so far, so I still have to add the "Add", "Copy", "Paste", and "Paste as Link" support code.

The best part is that it is supported within Kotor Tool directly, so you'll be able to open a file right from the tree, your drive or within the module editor.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I can see how that'd be a nice feature to add to KT. I'll go ahead and finish my version too. One of the things that's kind of nice about having a stand alone editor is being able to associate .dlg extensions with it. It'll be open source of course, if anyone else wants to contribute to it. ;)

I tried to make it like MS Excel in a number of respects. I always found those sort of features handy myself.

Also, I just got dynamic conversation text updating working in the dialog editor. As you update the text of a node, it changes in the tree as well as on any "linked" nodes, just like the NWN editor.

Originally posted by tk102

Fred, in the future, if you decide to integrate a full savegame editor into your KT, you'll drop me a note first right? Just a heads up?

Actually... I was working on one when KSE was announced, so I decided to shift to the module editor instead. I'll let you know beforehand, if I resume :)

Dialog Editor update:

The editor is at the point where I can open an existing .dlg file, add some nodes via cut/copy/add/paste and save it back out with the proper starting/entry/reply-lists in place and in the right format. It doesn't export the other node properties (the ones you edit using the textboxes and such, since just getting it to write the aforementioned lists was the "hard" part; adding the fields will be easy.

Today I am adding the support for dialog creation from scratch, which requires some new design for the parent GFF class that all Kotor GFF-based files' classes' inherit from. This should also allow the other file's editors to create their respective types from scratch, too, when I add the default field creation code to each GFF subtype's subclass. All in time... Next I have to add the code that watches for changes in the node-editing GUI and updates the selected node.

New version of Kotor Tool posted today.

v1.0.1713.15070 (2004-9-9)

Features/updates:

• Full module extraction wih a single click from RIMs | Modules. Right click on a module name, such as "danm13.rim", and choose "Extract for module editing...", pick a destination folder and click OK. All files from the module (both the .rim and _s.rim files) will be extracted.

It's nice and all, but i can't seem to get it to work, it says that an error ocurred and says: continue, cancel and details. this happens when i open. when i open it, it goes fine, but when i open a root it says the same thing and nothing shows, ie: ERFs->texture packs->nothing!, and it says it's missing a file( i can't remember which) but if sumone knows whats wrong or has an idea plz tell me, thanx

MTV2

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

I would recommend checking that the paths in the Path Manager are correct. If you aren't sure, delete your settings.xml file and launch Kotor Tool. It should detect your KotOR installation and set up the paths accordingly.

Wow, thanx this is great, good job!:D:cool:

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

I would recommend checking that the paths in the Path Manager are correct. If you aren't sure, delete your settings.xml file and launch Kotor Tool. It should detect your KotOR installation and set up the paths accordingly.

I was having a similar problem last night. I will try this and get back to you.

Nice work!

Archived