Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

New version of Kotor Tool posted today.

v1.0.1738.39111 (2004-10-4)

Features/updates:

• Removed registration requirement
  • Added RIM search feature to Tools menu*

* Some of you, depending on when you downloaded a release, may have seen a mysterious "Test Function" button ... now you know what it was for :)

Fred, I get an error that states, "Could not find a part of the path 'G:\SW_KOTOR\Modules'" when I click in the new tool.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Achilles

Fred, I get an error that states, "Could not find a part of the path 'G:\SW_KOTOR\Modules'" when I click in the new tool.

Re-download the setup program. The code was set to used the fixed path instead of the dynamic one and should work fine now :)

v1.0.1738.39111 (2004-10-4)

Features/updates:

• Removed registration requirement
  • Added RIM search feature to Tools menu*

* Some of you, depending on when you downloaded a release, may have seen a mysterious "Test Function" button ... now you know what it was for :)

When I double click the setup button it says: Error reading setup initialization file:confused: , then it just closes

Sounds like the whole setup file didn't get downloaded. Check the file's properties to verify that the file length is 2,204,222 bytes. If not, re-download.

I tried it twice, but I'll try it again :)

EDIT: Third try didn't help. Setup file (as downloaded) is 1.41mb. I hope that helps.

Sounds like the whole setup file didn't get downloaded. Check the file's properties to verify that the file length is 2,204,222 bytes. If not, re-download.

it says:1,486,848 bytes:confused:

EDIT: I got it, Thanx fred

v1.0.1740.15239 (2004-10-6)

Features/updates:

• Fixed bug that would prevent the search in Rims for text feature from working with some KotOR installations.

First. Thank tou very much for such a great tool. There are no words to describe the usefulness and productive raise of your tool for Kotor modding:) :) :)

Regarding this new version, does it fix that bug Achiles posted above?

Xavier2

Indeed that is what it fixes.

Achilles was having trouble with Kotor Tool, as you read above. I sent him an SFV file of my modules/*.rim files and we discovered that some of them differed. Upon examining a few of the files, (which, incidently, only differ in the Z-axis values of items and triggers...hmm), I realized that it wasn't the .rim files, but rather the non-.rim files (like .mod) that were the problem. The new code examines only .rim files in the modules folder now. I may expand the feature to BIF/ERF/MOD files if there is enough call for it.

Oh, and "you're welcome" :) I am glad you find it useful and it improves your enjoyment of KotOR.

I was having the same problems as Achilles, but this version works just fine.

I may expand the feature to BIF/ERF/MOD files if there is enough call for it.

I think it would be time well-spent to expand the search to templates.bif and scripts.bif -- there's a lot of good stuff in there and scripts.bif is the only place that .nss files are found.

The templates.bif file takes longer to search though, and one thing you can do is a pre-search, reading the raw .bif file chunk by chunk, searching for the search-string. That's pretty fast to do, and if you don't find it, then you don't have to scour through the .key/.bif relationship.

Good job Fred.

It's not gone, just go to Tools | Options and check the boxes for Show Module Descriptions and Show Module Locations. They've been there for some time :) As soon as you close the window, the treeview will rebuild as appropriate.

Doh im stupid :p

Everything seems to work fine for me now :) Thank Fred, this is very practical. Tk has a good idea: expanding the search to templates.bif and scripts.bif would be great. In fact those are the files I use the most.

I added a word concerning Kotor tool on our main page: http://www.starwarsknights.com/

How would you say that in French?

"Le programmeur qui code plus rapidement que sa propre ombre"?

A bit late but I think you know the answer :D oui!

Keep up the great work!

I have been meaning to send out a "form letter" to all of those folks who haven't downloaded the latest version of Kotor Tool and no longer need to register.

If someone is aware of a public listserv that I can use to make release announcements through (my ISP thinks sending out 225 emails to registered users is 'spam' heh heh), please let me know. It would be nice for folks to subscribe so that they can get an email whenever there's a new version.

I am working on a new feature for Kotor Tool that will cause it to check for and download the latest version, as needed. It is unfortunately difficult to do in a robust failure-proof manner, even with Microsoft's help.

Archived