Home

What have you been doing lately?

Clefo

- Last Friday I went to Funtasticks (A mini-theme park with like mini-golf and laser tag and such) with some friends, it was fun. Then I ate at IHOP at 1 in the morning.

- For the past three days I've been playing Master of Orion II. The game's ten years old and I still love it!

- Moria has seemed to catch up with my friend John, who has a restraining order put on him, in situationally hilarious circumstances which I will not elaborate here. (Unless you ask)

- I had a physics test... again. And I usually dread those, but this one was really really easy. Not that I'm complaining

Me? Well... I've been reading the George R.R. Martian trilogy for a while... got accepted into the *DIL* (Death Is Life) clan, and am an admin for the Duling server, as well as an admin knight on the FFA. Today I was doing school, and playing JA for a while... My friend came over Sat. For an over-weekend stay after a Chess tourney.. Yep... that's about it:)

Well, I've been reading alot, finished the Bridge over the river kwi book, as well as the FotR book, and have started TTT again.

I also just took the 7th grade MCA math and Reading Test. Lets see, I've been playing a few video games I guess, umm, and I've learned a little html. That's about it I guess.

*laughs evily at Rhett* :cowdance

Finally a schedule worse than mine! What have I been doing? Besides going through a Breakup, Working on a School Musical, Practicing for All-State Band Tryouts, Tutoring 7th Graders at Algebra, and Earning my Eagle Scout Award... I've been playing Star Wars Galaxies as religiously as possible.

This is all on top of APUSH, (AP US History) APE, (AP English Writing Comp) PreCal, and Pre-AP Chem homework.

You could say I'm a modern day dork rennasaince man of sorts, lol. :lol:

Mostly work. (It's not too busy yet, but it's been pretty steady since New-Years. It's about to get real busy though.)

But outside of that: I just bought a new TV for the living room (a nice flat-screen with extended resolution and a built-in DVD and VCR combo) so I have spent the last couple of days rearranging the entertainment electronics around the house. Now I have a decent TV on every floor, with a VCR and DVD player (well, technically the upstairs TV is only connected to a VCR, but my PC is right next to it, and I can play DVDs on that) as well as the ability to noe connect my Gamecube to any system on the 3 floors (before I had to have crappy antenna coax adaptors to make it work downstairs. And all are connected to digital cable.

I got a few new DVDs over the holidays and this should make it more fun to watch them all (or re-watch them as the case may be.)

Now I just need to get a Surround reciever and speaker rig...

Other than that, I've been doing a lot of reading (I re-read a lot of Tolkien after seeing ROTK, from some of his short stories and published papers to The Hobbit through all of LOTR (with all the appendicies) and am now about halfway though the Silmarillion, plus "The Perfect Storm" and Dave Barry's "Tricky Business" (funny, funny book!)

I've been doing a bit of sketching again, just for fun.

And I've cracked open a bunch of my first-semester college (as well as some pre-college) music books (guitar methods, music-theory and ear-training) for a bit of a refresher and to work off some of the rust. My boss wants me to go over his house this week and show his daughter some stuff on the guitar she got for Christmas, so that's the main inspiration for digging out the early stuff. I'll probably have to spend a little time setting the thing up properly first...

I've also been playing a fair amout of games: I recently finished Halo PC, and now I'm re-playing it on the next difficulty level. I'm several levels into Tron 2.0. I also picked up a bunch of mostly older (but good) GC games that were on a after-holiday special, and have been trying to devote enough time to make a bit of progress in each: Metroid Prime, StarFox Adventures, and Rebel Strike.

But there's only so many hours in a day,.. and work and sleep still take most of them. Work is about to get insanely busy in the next couple of weeks too, so I'm trying to enjoy all the free time I can get before I lose it completely...

Oh yeah, Monday I got certified...no, not that kind of certified, Rhett!!

I mean, I am now a Help Desk Institute Certified Help Desk Analyst. What does this mean? That I get a piece of paper that says so & I can keep my job. Thankfully, work footed the bill so it was all free to me. Other people had said the test was hard, I went in, took 30 of 50 mins to go through all the questions & passed on my first try; no prep for it, either. Also I woulda had to pay the $100 to get it done again. :D

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Calculus, Statistics, Microeconomics, U.S. History and Psychology. :( Someone trade!

I'd trade with you anyday, Rhett. I'm taking AP Calculus, AP Latin V, AP English IV, AP Environmental, AP US Government, AP Physics, and....Art I. I have so much work to do, not to mention all my applications for school and scholarships, senior exit project, and trying to play tennis every day. I barely have any time for myself. Actually...yeah, i have to go do more work. Argh! :(

Life's not all bad, though. I can't wait to start school tennis, and i picked up an Xbox with some christmas money, so i've been playing that a whole lot, especially KOTR and more revently Jedi Academy.

I'm sick with a cold. Ack, I got it from my son :(.

There hasn't been much going on just work and school. I'm taking a 6 week course for college on Advanced Office Applications. I have to take my midterm by this Sunday. Its all online- and its pretty neat. I have a ton of assignments due each Sunday as well as 2 quizes every week. Last week I was pissed off at Excel because I couldn't get the "Solver" to do what the book said it should do. I finnaly had to wing it. I got 100% on that assignment but I'm not sure if the professor really checks.

The baby is doing good. He's got his days and nights mixed up! Not good for my parents. I have his birthday coming up March 1st. Which I can't decide How big of a party we want to have for him. I'm upset because we don't have a house yet and I have no idea where to have the party at. If I pick either parents house its going to cause "favoritism" problems. Not to mention I want it to be the party I throw for him and not one his grandparents threw for him. I don't know. If someone has suggestions please help.

My husband and I hardly get to see eachother. We both work at night and now hes' starting later. Which means we see eachother for maybe 2 hours instead of none each day. Its rough on the marriage but we are somewhat holding it together.

Work is crap. I'm very bored each night. We are implementing a new system and its very interesting. The company is making a lot of organizational changes. Its a huge company and I was told not to worry - Inventory will not be downsizing - I was sent to Chicago for special training on the new system back in October so I know which departments *might* be downsizing and I'm very worried for lots of my friends, but on the same hand, I don't want to scare them so I don't say anything.

I'm making a scrapbook for my son and that's pretty much my only hobby. I'm going to an expo in Feb. which I'm really excited about. Lots of shopping.

I haven't been to the movies since seeing "The missing", which kinda sucked.

I can't wait for Harry Potter Movie to come out and I still have my Hyperspace membership at Star wars. And boy do I wish everyone would post more often.

You could maybe throw a party at a friend's house if it's ok with them. Or if you have a sister or a brother with a house close to where you live it could be done there too. Or if you have a lot of movie rent a reception hall or something:D

Wow do you have a lot of things to do. A husband, a baby, school and a job. I'm amazed you've found the time to post this.

Have it at your place and justify it by saying that you do not want to have to run poor Matthew all over town. If they have an issue with that, it is not your problem. Have it at your place, period, no disscusion. It may make you clean the place up a bit, but it would be best for you to throw the kind of party you want and neither set of grandparents can whine about it being favoritism. (I got this idea from my parents, who refused to go anywhere for Christmasses b/c they were the only ones with kids, everyone else came to us)

For the past week I've been struggling with my ISP because I've hardly been able to connect to the internet for some stupid reason that they cannot figure out. Which would explain why I haven't been posting much lately...

So since the net ain't working 90% of the time, I've spent most of my time catching up with my playtime: Ogre Battle 64, Hordes of the Underdark, Fire Emblem, and Golden Sun: The Lost Age!

New job, Macroeconomics, American Goverment, Star Wars Galaxies, paintball, and my birthday.

I just need to find a way to spend more time w/ star wars galaxies and still get sleep, get good grades and not miss work...hmm...well I'm going to a 4-10's schedule at work and I'll have an extra day off a week, maybe that will help.

Archived