Home

1st time shock

MasterN64

The first time when i started a new game I found out about the whole Madalore Wars, Malak and Revan, bastila, etc. But it was a genuine shock for me when i found out that i was really playing as Darth Revan. :D I was playing light side at the moment and i almost decided to go dark, but i didn't. What i want to know is the shock level of when u found out u were Darth Revan for the first time.

Shock for me- 8/10

I give it 8/10 because i knew there had to be some suprise but as big as this.

hmm well I was actually thinking about wether or not Revan was actually dead because of what Vrook said ("what if we undertake to train this one and the dark lord should return") so I was kinda wondering about the point where we would run into Revan and wether he would be this crazy hermit or wether he would help us or not...

turns out I was actually playing as him (or her)... so yeah the shock was pretty damn big cos I didn't see it coming at all...

It was most definately one of the biggest and best plot twists in any game I've ever played. It was very well done. Also, just playing through the game a second time, knowing your Revan, and just seeing how many hints the Jedi drop you along the way, you might think to yourself, "how didn't I figure this out?"

amen to that vrook! i felt pretty stupid my second time through. i mean there were loads of hints. not ot mention that you never saw revan's face. he had that mask on even before fully leaving the order as shown in the dantooine flashback. it surprised me my first time through, but my second time through i felt quite dense. :)

Am I the only one who thinks that this 'big plot change' is a bit cliché???

Here we go again; some guy lost his memory (why is amnesia so ****ing common in games and movies?) and turns out to be *gasp* THE FORMER DARK LORD OF THE SITH!!!

It's almost as rediculous as the coincidence that C-3PO was made by Anakin and R2D2 was property of Padme Admidala, Anakins future wife :rolleyes:

Really I wasn't exactly flabbergasted (hehe I hate that word :)) when it turned out that I was Revan... Not that I hate the story though, it's just that it isn't really as great and original as some ppl want you to believe. But hey, when you look at the Star Wars OT, you'll find that it's a pretty standard hero-villain story seen in many many other movies. But of course placed the story in a very appealing setting, just as KotOR :D

well, vanity would actually be a trait one would expect to find in a sith lord. :) your know prideful and arrogant. kind of ironic though, considering that in a few months down that path they'll decay away and there hair will fall out in patches anyway. but they could be vain until that happens and style their hair. and then if they were desperate they could try rogaine or the hair club for men.....i mean sith lords. :)

yeah it was pretty cool

i also liked how it had the cinematic of memories that are hints as to your past life except for that thing where bastila says "no one deserves to die no matter what their crimes" and it has her on dantooine but when she told me that i was on manaan lol

Here we go again; some guy lost his memory (why is amnesia so ****ing common in games and movies?) and turns out to be *gasp* THE FORMER DARK LORD OF THE SITH!!!

For me, it was never apparant that the main character HAD lost his memory, which added to the shock. I simply assumed that his confusion at the start of the Endar Spire was nothing more than an excuse to have a tutorial. Does the PC ever get a chance to voice the fact that he has amnesia somewhere throughout the game? I agree, perhaps it is a tad cliche, but the fact that they managed to cleverly hide the fact that he lost his memory(plus, he hasn't really lost his memory, he simply has a new identity) adds to the twist.

Although "PC=Revan" was one of the theories that I had pinned throughout the game, it was still a shock to actually see it confirmed by Darth Malak. But what I like the most is that it explains absolutely everything in the game : Why the player is skilled in many languages, why he is skilled in the Force, why the starmap on Kashyyyk responds to him, why there's a bond between Bastila and the PC, and it even explained his initial confusion on the Endar Spire.

Originally posted by Burrie

But what I like the most is that it explains absolutely everything in the game : Why the player is skilled in many languages, why he is skilled in the Force, why the starmap on Kashyyyk responds to him, why there's a bond between Bastila and the PC, and it even explained his initial confusion on the Endar Spire.

Yeah that's right, they developed this cliché very good :D No really, serious, it IS a good way to get rid of many problems; like the 'become a kickass jedi in a very shirt time while others need years to accomplish this'-problem :)

• 2 weeks later...

Er, I didn't think the character had amnesia at all... I thought he just had false memories, because Bastilla can actually ask you your age, what planet you're from, etc, and you can answer correctly to it...

I noticed the "all too familiar path" thing, I was just kinda like "wha?"

Plus when I first saw him, I thought Revan was a robot :p, so that didn't help. But I thought it was pretty cool. But I didn't need to see the cutscene to confirm it, once Malak said that the Council couldn't hide it or whatever before the cutscene played, I'm like "is he saying I'm Revan? Cool!"

Archived