Home

Virus Warning!

leXX

This Mydoom/Novrag/MiMail.R virus is almost old school. You have to open the actual attachment to infect the PC, it's not overly automatic....

Yeah, it is meant to be doing a Denial Of Service attack on the SCO site from Feb 1 to 15......

SCO shouldn't claim to have written part of UNIX or Linux that everyone else says is false... and then expect people to pay for pieces of code they never wrote???!!

About the adress book, why don't you simply create an addres item called 0011AAA, with no email adress. If it wants to spread around it wont simply work because of the invalid email. And i thought recent Firewalls protected your adress book?

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

About the adress book, why don't you simply create an addres item called 0011AAA, with no email adress. If it wants to spread around it wont simply work because of the invalid email. And i thought recent Firewalls protected your adress book?

Firewalls don't protect an address book, they protect network connections!! (IE dialup or broadband/lan)....

My updates expired from McAfee like 15 days ago...I don't wanna pay 50 bucks!

At work I got the SobigF virus. I didn't open any files - it was spread through the network and I also got a hundred million emails a day - it was AWFUL. Now my work does patches and it usually takes a good 1 hour to install those sometimes :p

Originally posted by STTCT

My updates expired from McAfee like 15 days ago...I don't wanna pay 50 bucks!

At work I got the SobigF virus. I didn't open any files - it was spread through the network and I also got a hundred million emails a day - it was AWFUL. Now my work does patches and it usually takes a good 1 hour to install those sometimes :p

Well, I use Norton, and we have a yearly subscription... i think its cheaper than that.. but of course what would i no? my parents pay for that stuff... i never see their bills.

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Mcafee bad Norton good thats how I see it.

And what information do you have to support this ridiculous claim?

We've always used McAfee and we've never had one single virus. I don't think one is better than the other, Norton and McAfee are both the same in my book.

Archived