Home

If you were to become a Jedi...would you//

Guest DarthMaulUK

I would join the...  

15 members have voted

1. 1. I would join the...

• Dark Side
    • Good side

Dark side :) I did it with Knights of the old Rebublic and I will do it in Galaxies if I ever will be a Jedi in Galaxies. I don't care much. I will try the proffessions that seem fun and if it shows to be the right path for me to be a Jedi I will accept it and if it shows to be wrong... so what?

Being a Dark Jedi does not automatically make you a Sith, and in some cases vice versa. Darth Maul for instance is one example of a Sith that has never been a Jedi, nor a Dark Jedi. He's a Sith, pure Sith. Well, as pure to the original Sith as you can get. :p

The Sith was once a people, who was subjugated by fallen Jedi that was banished from the Jedi Order and the Republic in the early days of the Old Republic. They became a great empire, which eventually waged war against the Republic a thousand years before KotOR takes place, 5000 years before Ep. IV.

They lost the war eventually, and the race was never again to be seen, but the legacy of the Sith teaching continued to pop up from time to time. The first major threat posed by the old culture emerged a thousand years later, lead by Exar Kun and Ulic-Qel Droma. Shortly after we get the story of KotOR.

Relative peacefull times after that, with only small pockets of the Sith followers causing trouble from time to time. Until between 2000 years prior to Ep. IV, and 1000 years, when the Sith followers again reemerged. By this time the Sith had turned into more like a cult rather than a Sith Empire. None of them are true Sith. :) Neither was Exar, more like a selfproclaimed Sith, using the Sith teaching, but that's more of a personal opinion. Except for the cult part, which is true.

They got defeated at Ruusan in a valley that became known as The Valley of the Jedi, but one Sith lord, Darth Bane, escaped. To preserve the Sith knowledge he opted to value stealth and secrecy above all else. Thus came the rule of only 2 Sith lords at any given time. They kept themself hidden for the next one thousand years, until around Ep. I starts.

Originally posted by Lord Haine

I'd say the Light side, can i ask a question about Dark Jedi though? As i havent played KotOR yet, are all Dark sided Jedi called Sith? Or just Dark Jedi? If there called Dark Jedi who are the Sith?

Newbie question i know, sorry, but if you dont ask you dont know? :)

Whoh you are confusing me there:( :)

im the medic kinda char. LOVE!!!! healing people. helping people. thats my nature. im almost a amaster doc and i revive both rebels and imps if i can.... dont care cause im a doc and they should help out who they can.

so i think that takes the light side in me.

Originally posted by Wraith 8

im the medic kinda char. LOVE!!!! healing people. helping people. thats my nature. im almost a amaster doc and i revive both rebels and imps if i can.... dont care cause im a doc and they should help out who they can.

so i think that takes the light side in me.

That is nice to know you like helping people that is always good:)

Originally posted by Lord Haine

I'd say the Light side, can i ask a question about Dark Jedi though? As i havent played KotOR yet, are all Dark sided Jedi called Sith? Or just Dark Jedi? If there called Dark Jedi who are the Sith?

Newbie question i know, sorry, but if you dont ask you dont know? :)

Well the sith are 2 people, the master jedi and the apprentice. "no more no less"-Yoda :p

Dak jedi are just jedi who give in to hatred killing innocent. blah blah blah....like i do in KoToR :)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by McCusto

Whoh you are confusing me there:( :)

Read my reply to him further up to get the general overview of what a Dark Jedi is and what a Sith is.

Dark Jedi are Jedi who have turned bad.

A Sith does not ever have to be a Jedi in their life to become a Sith. It is enough to learn the ways of the Sith.

Archived