Home

KOTOR Soundtrack

the_farce

I saw that as well - and grabbed all 49 tracks (happily residing on my iPod now). I had been - and have been - unable to find it anywhere to buy ... not through LA, not amazon, nowhere I've seen. And I would - if I listen, I like to own. I don't feel comfortable with just having it ...

Mike

Originally posted by leXX

Yeah, the soundtrack is amazing. I think it's definately got to be the best game soundtrack I've ever heard.

it is cool lexxy, but how about teh NWN ST(and I know you play that.....) were they done by the same person....?

As much as I loved john williams' Sw music itw as great to have a game with *new* music...

I mentioned above about converting bmu files to mp3s... heres an excellent tool to do this for you !

'BG Tool' bmu to mp3 converter link

I have recently burnt the NWN music onto some cds, good stuff !

I better re-install KOTOR and check out if I can do this with its music as well

MTFBWYA

Jeremy Soule's soundtrack music is really good. BG2 I love (that was downloadable as well), and NWN is great, and I love how he mixes semi-Williams themes withh his own distinct stuff in KotOR. I had heard that the music wasn't so great ... I disagree. The game is paced differently than JA, so walking around Manaan, for instance, requires a whole different type of music than blaring 'Rescue from Cloud City' during the Correlian mission in Jedi Academy (which I love, BTW).

Mike

Originally posted by DSettahr

I'm not complaining or trying to imply anything, but I'm just curious if anyone knows about the... legality of such a site as this?

I'm not sure, but I do a weekly search to see if I can buy it anywhere ... and I still can't.

It concerns me as well.

Mike

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I've extraceted all the music from the first game, identified/renamed them, and I'm trying to post it somewhere, but I can't get it to upload (it's a very big file).I'm trying pcgamemods right now, but I can't get it to work (I can't upload anything their for some reason)

The Doctor, please be careful and research the legalities of what you are attempting, before doing it.

Doing somthing like that is Illegal... hence why Napster got shut down, extracting copywrited music and placing it for download is against the law, unfortunately... just an FYI! ;)

If people wish to get the music from the game they have to pay for the product... sorry for being the party pooper! :(

EDIT: Check out the link above that was given to the music files, that webmaster was asked to remove the Star Wars and Indiana Jones music files, so this confirms my thoughts on the legalities of this... it's illegal. So posting these on http://www.PCGameMods.com could even get you banned from that site too! :eek:

I don't care if I get banned form pcgamemods, it's a crappy site now that it has no forums.I can't post anything their anyway, it stops the upload of any file at about 90%.

Thanks Redhawke! I didn't think it would be illegal if I gave full credit to the composer of the music and stated that I had no intention of collecting money for the file.

If you want to get the soundtrack, just extract the audio files from the streammusic file and save them somewhere on your computer. That's what I did.

(PS people, I know this will sound geeky, but please call me "Doctor" when you're talking to me, not "The Doctor". When you're talking about me to someone else, then you can call me "The Doctor". I'M A GEEK!!!!!!!!)

I don't care if I get banned form pcgamemods, it's a crappy site now that it has no forums.I can't post anything their anyway, it stops the upload of any file at about 90%.

Thanks Redhawke! I didn't think it would be illegal if I gave full credit to the composer of the music and stated that I had no intention of collecting money for the file.

If you want to get the soundtrack, just extract the audio files from the streammusic file and save them somewhere on your computer. That's what I did.

(PS people, I know this will sound geeky, but please call me "Doctor" when you're talking to me, not "The Doctor". When you're talking about me to someone else, then you can call me "The Doctor". I'M A GEEK!!!!!!!!)

You can still get into trouble.

Giving credit and not taking pay for it has nothing to do with the illegality to posting copywriten material without permission. You would still be performing an illegal act.

In the meantime, can someone show me where I can get a converting tool?

I want to put the music on my iPod.

EDIT:

A tool for MAC btw.

Otherwise tell me whether or not I can put the .WAVE files on a disk run downstairs to my Dad's PC and convert it?

Nice. BTW, his name is based on Russian, so it's Dav'ros... anyway, nice name. I'm guessing you couldn't find a pic of Dav'ros.

No no no, my name IRL is Dave, so I mixed 'em..... and the Slitheen are magic.

I do like the fact that in KOTOR 2 you have the option in the menu to listen to the music at your leisure, it also helps to put names to the music files if you ever do rip them. Shame it isn't an option on the first one.

Archived