Home

Anger against RPGers, but where are they?

Dr_night

Two words:

Prom Queen..... Material :o

anyway, i remimber the RPG from JK1, Barons Hed and um, that one island map i forget, anyway, they were cool back then, kept to themselves, but i think its the fact that rpg-ish ideals tend to dominate 90% of online play that has more than a few people irked :)

Originally posted by A Jedi

disconnect

set name "Fitter Happier"

reconnect

seek and destroy AIVAS

say OMFG U GOT PWNED N00B

disconnect

I could be really nasty and blow some of my secrets in the process... Nah.

So just for reiteration...

Prom Queen..... Material

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

anyway, i remimber the RPG from JK1, Barons Hed and um, that one island map i forget, anyway, they were cool back then, kept to themselves, but i think its the fact that rpg-ish ideals tend to dominate 90% of online play that has more than a few people irked :)

90%? I don't find that. I don't tend to have 'favorite' servers, as I don't play MP much. But when I do, I want to fight - duel, FFA, (Jedi Master or Holo FFA from JKII) or Siege. And while I occasionally see people in non-fight scenarios, I just leave. On a duel server I will bow if others do, but don't really care one way or the other.

I love RPGs, and when I play SP I massively RP. MP for me is about two things - slash and boom. If I'm not slashing someone with my saber or blowing them up, I'm finding another server.

Mike

Originally posted by AIVAS

I bought the game so it's MY choice what I do with it, and the main point of this topic is that there ARE roleplayers in this game, but WHERE are they? Not whether it's right or wrong to roleplay in this game

Oh really? Well you're not looking hard enough.

Why don't you make your own server and call it "RPGers Only." It will do allot for the gaming community by calling them out of regular servers "the few that there are" and in to a RPG one.

So all the people that like playing the game the way it is suppose to be played can do without hearing "you lamer" "Jack's a lamer" He shot me while I was sabering a dead body someone else killed, because I just want to RP and nobody else does.

Like I said before if you are having trouble finding people to RP with maybe it's, because it is not a RPG.:confused:

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

Oh really? Well you're not looking hard enough.

Why don't you make your own server and call it "RPGers Only." It will do allot for the gaming community by calling them out of regular servers "the few that there are" and in to a RPG one.

So all the people that like playing the game the way it is suppose to be played can do without hearing "you lamer" "Jack's a lamer" He shot me while I was sabering a dead body someone else killed, because I just want to RP and nobody else does.

Like I said before if you are having trouble finding people to RP with maybe it's, because it is not a RPG.:confused:

Whining is what keeps me laming... whiners are hilarious! :)

Originally posted by Druid Allanon

Whining is what keeps me laming... whiners are hilarious! :)

I was wondering through the e-net today and ran across this page. Some of the questions on the quiz sound like things people in JKA do. The odd thing though that the definition of lamer in counter strike seems to be the person crying lamer in JKA.:rolleyes:

How to know if you are a Counter Strike lamer?

http://www.geocities.com/pyros_82/cslamer.htm

Anyone want to help me make a quiz for JK?:D

Originally posted by Prime

So that means that other players have just as much right to go to RPG servers and frag everyone?

Yes - of course they do.

And since it is their game *and* their server, admins have the right to boot someone because they don't like their choice of name, avatar or taunt ... or even the color of their saber.

It is a *choice* to follow the standing rules. Just as it is a choice of someone to say 'this is my car, I'll drive it how I choose' - fine, until the car gets taken away because you don't choose to obey the rules of the road. It was still your choice.

Mike

Archived