Home

Only 32 per server?

tFighterPilot

It is 64, or 32 vs 32 for PC, that is confirmed. The 32 player, or 16 vs 16 was only for xbox and ps2 I think, Im not sure how many players they can handle. The PC version is stated on lucasarts.com to facilitate 64, as you would expect.

I thought 64 for PC LAN games only?

edit:

"Q: What is the maximum number of human players in an online game?

A: We plan to support at least 16 human players over the Internet for the PS2 and Xbox versions, possibly more with dedicated server support. For the PC, we plan to support at least 32 human players over the Internet. For LAN games, we plan to support 32 players for the PS2 and Xbox versions, and 64 for the PC version. Of course, the total number of players for any single game will vary with network conditions and hardware performance. "

Perhaps they will implement a similar feature to Enemy Territory, where you can limit high ping connections onto the server to maximise the number of players. I've been on ET servers with 60 people playing, and no signifcant lag. It all boils down to how good the net code is - and I hope it's robust enough to allow 64 players via Internet as an option.

If the PC version is 16 vs 16 then I'm happy and won't ask for more. To be honest I think having 16 on your team is huge when you look at how long the list if players are. Its already difficult trying to get to know 32 players, trying to see who is the expert, who is the loud mouth, who needs support, who is the regular, etc. I just find that the social experience far more important than the huge number battle experience.

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

very soon, but then i have to save up for a car and then a nice suit of stormie armor.:cool:

Ah you have to list your priorities then. *Force Persuade* Get a new PC*:cool:

Wai_TungLeung: I agree. That and the added lag in 64 players server should be good enough factors. Besides, the maps aren't going that huge so they would need 32 players per team to be fun right? A too populated server can become a real nightmare to play or a real delight. Mostly nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

Certain maps can't be bigger. When it's too big, you have to walk around a bit to find an enemy. It's kinda boring. Even with maps such as El Alamein for BF 1942. I've played a 64 players game once and we still had to walk a long way to find an enemy.

Besides, there's the lag factor.

Archived