Home

Oops... Are The Beast and I, making Yuna for your JO/JA, SP/MP playing experience?

Antizac

BUT FIRST! A CRAPPY MESSAGE FROM OUR SPONSOR:

Dum dee dum...

More crap:

Are we there yet?

Ok, I think we scrolled down enough, now.

Now, to answer the question in the title:

Yes, it looks like we just might be doing just that...

Or is this whole thing another April fools joke? Well I guess we'll never know until we release it... (or you could read on.)

By now, I'm sure everyone thinks I get my jollies by crossing-over licences (LucasArts / Nintendo, with Link and helping with Samus - now LucasArts / Square-Enix with Yuna). I'm just asking for lawsuits...

But after numerious people telling me that Leela looked alot like Yuna, (the character from Final Fantasy X/X-2), And The Beast e-mailing me about making such a model - we came to the decision to work together on it. And why not? It's almost too easy to pass up... So, um after about a month or two of working off and on - so far we have this:

yuna_3ds_max.txt

Don't bug us on the hair we're working on that.

But, any constructive feeback would be helpful.

(And don't be posting pictures of Yuna - I've seen almost every single one that Google can spew out...)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's FF X-2 = D

ehh, the Tatto thing onher chest looks weird, should be more fuller and fatter.

and it the quality of the texture when clothing goes to skin, it just looks yucky, you should make it look like it's ending, like, there's more than one layer y'know?

Ok, here's an update, I suppose....

...a few screenshots showing her off in JA SP.

Yuna_kick.txt

I don't think I'll get the ponytail to move any better, unless I can make custom animations. (which I can't) But it's good enough to the point where, you might not notice or care. (would be nice to make skirts or hair that flowed with wind or the player's movement. But I'm dreaming of a Quake IV engine.)

Yuna_sunblock.txt

I've included facial deforms, as I do with all models I make (I always try to support SP). Out of all my other models, this one probably has the best facial deformations, I've done.

I've taken into account how mouth movement, effects the cheeks - they would, subtly move with the mouth....

So hopefully the end result, is a slightly more realistic look than most models....

Comments?

Skin ideas, other than "Songstress" Yuna? (You know, from that part in the game where she's singin' at "Yokopalooza"?)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by tFighterPilot

Just wondering, Antizac, how many faces does your model have

The Model that The Beast and I are doing only has one.

Why? You think she needs more than that?;)

p.s.

(Darth_Kitty, who ya talkin' to?)

The MODEL is on hold, at the moment since I'm about 600 miles away from my computer, until June...

The model has more polys than I can remember. Last I checked I think it had around 5000. It's about 3000 with just the base model (with out the skirt and all those acessories.)

It's likely to change though.

If anyone thinks I have time to make LODs for this model - you must be smoking something really nice...

The Beast might make LODs later, but right now, I just wanna finish my work out here In South Dakota, get back home and finish the model...

Originally posted by ZBomber

Its awesome. :indif:

And you KNOW someone is gonna make a topless skin, too. :p

Not if I find out where they live...

Those shallow bitches gonna stop - or I'll tell their mom.

Besides, The Beast and I are doing almost every single Dressphere skin. So, third party skinning won't be necessary - and won't be allowed, unless you can change BOTH of our minds.

Originally posted by Antizac

Not if I find out where they live...

Those shallow bitches gonna stop - or I'll tell their mom.

Besides, The Beast and I are doing almost every single Dressphere skin. So, third party skinning won't be necessary - and won't be allowed, unless you can change BOTH of our minds.

I'd watch out for pcgamemods though, because people are low and will try to jip you out of your work. Luckily, if people notice they didn't have permission, they'll tell the staff and they'll take down the file. ;)

Archived