Home

Holowan Plug-in betav0.3

OK this is just a couple quik fixes. The first is fixing the running speed of one selectable PC, the other is for Missions armor created by Jackel. The problem with it was I forgot to change the Baseitem. So if you encountered mission without any clothes this will now fix that encounter. However you have if she has already joined your party then you can use "giveiten j_a_mission" to get her armor.

edit: look for link called "Plug-in Fixes" and download that file. same install .

to install copy and paste all files into Override and overwrite.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T7 I don't want to sound rude but have you reviewed the dialogue in these modifications? I like to get into the "mood" of a game and there's nothing worse than an all lowercase sentence or something along those lines when you're in the zone. :)

Edit: By the way, there's a flaw with one of the Good/Evil Bastila files (recently pointed out in that thread). The AC bonus on the Good Bastila (p_bastilla.utc) is set to 0, it should be 4 like it is on the evil one. Simple edit you might want to make.

I was just asking if you looked over that when you put it together, I haven't had the chance to play it yet to find out for myself (I'll point it out if I do happen to run across some).

Bug Note: I was using a Ben Kenobi PC, and when I removed my armor (for a better type) and put it on Carth it switched his head to the same as my PC. This was an immediate effect, didn't zone or anything. Saving it then reloading it got rid of the problem, so it isn't a life or death issue. It seems to come back intermitently when zoning.

OK I found a couple more bugs I'll update with another fix in a few.

I was using a Ben Kenobi PC, and when I removed my armor (for a better type) and put it on Carth it switched his head to the same as my P

Ok thats odd Ill look into it.

Thanks

You can tell that the Kenobi used to be Carth, you can see it in the hair, so that's gotta have something to do with it.

Yup I know that, I identfied the problem and fixed it, not my fault this time :) I'll have that in the next update Which I should have up with in the hour.

You can tell that the Kenobi used to be Carth, you can see it in the hair, so that's gotta have something to do with it.

Found one with Mission too, even with the fix. When you meet her in the undercity she runs up to you in her new armor, but after you click ok in the party selection screen it strips the armor from her and her inventory. I used the giveitem command to get the armor, I'm going to guess the problem is that the armor is medium and when you meet Mission she can only wear light.

Don't mean to sound pushy or anything, just trying to do my part as a tester (since I can't mod at all). :)

Originally posted by Eliser

Found one with Mission too, even with the fix. When you meet her in the undercity she runs up to you in her new armor, but after you click ok in the party selection screen it strips the armor from her and her inventory.

Don't mean to sound pushy or anything, just trying to do my part as a tester (since I can't mod at all). :)

Don't worry about it. I thought I fixed the undercity part in the first fix. did you go into the undercity before you installed the fix.

IFso then thats why when you go into a new area the game will load what it finds in the module and then override well something like that. anyway to keep it short. I'll look into the mission one soon.

Ok I identified the problem here, what happend is that the armor requires medium armor skill and mission does not have that. I can fix that with update. thought if she is in your party with the armor then all you have to do when she levels is to give her medium armor skill. However if she did not join you with the armor then The above IFso statement still applies.you can fix that if you can load a save game before you enter the undercity.

Argh I have found a few bugs today and so have you guys. Keep it comming. :D

Originally posted by Eliser

Ok gotcha, I'll just edit her utc file and save myself a feat. :)

just know though that you will have to load a save before the undercity or the changes will not take affect. But im sure you got that already.

OK new update

you guys know the drill copy all files to override

I also noticed another if you look in defualt C:\Program Files\LucasArts there will be another folder called SWKotORlips, open that folder and copy & paste the file called STUNT_56b_loc.mod to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\lips

and that will be fixed. well theres a day full of oopsies.

It is part of Jdnoa's mod That allows

Carth to redeme a female Reven after she sides with Bastila and turns to the darkside. You must have followed the romance with carth

I don't think anyone would have noticed but I did. So one more time. same procedure as above install to override

The spell list is all messy, and I'm not sure the first of the force wave series is even there anymore... what's the file in control of the ability to use each step in a spell chain?

Specifically: Force push seems to be missing (whirlwind and wave have become a column for some reason), force lightning seems to be on there twice (making the lightning chain move to two rows of two, that or its broken in some other way as well). This is from looking at the list on Bastila as soon as you get her on Taris.

Nice addition of replication though (assuming that's what BodyFuel is - I read that you're not supposed to mess with the strings on these things), looks like it's always been there. That new darkside powers mod would look great if you could fit it in equally well. :)

Sorry again, I'm the kinda guy that'll edit 40 pages of HTML code just to get the damn spacing right. :) It's a blessing and a curse at the same time.

*sigh* keep it up dude. hey I think befor the next release I'll get you to test it for me ;).

I'll get the fix up in a few minutes the spell edit was last minute I didn't realize it would have made such a huge impact.

thanks for telling me

you must download this

Ok you know the drill Download

Haha I'd be perfectly willing, but for the most part I don't know how the things actually work. I've done a little 2da fiddling and a little utc fiddling (just trying to make things work), that's it.

well thanks to you and :mad: thanks to you I have fixed more minor bugs in one night than I thought I would have to. :) ok Im not looking at this forum again until tommorrow(i need some sleep) ;)

the spells are fixed and the one that says body fuel was made by gameunlimited and what it does is replicate you to help you fight the bad guys. they only last a few seconds though.

That certainly did the trick, good work. :)

Ok cool, deleting that file restored the original texture (for Bastila's saber at least). Would doing this affect the unique player items? That's what puzzles me, why would Bastila's saber be any different if all the other sabers are unique anyways (and I didn't install that dual color plugin).

Ebon Hawk Droid

1) Not sure what the clothing variants are supposed to be, but on my Explorer turned Consular all of them show up as the starting Explorer clothes.

2) Colja's Robe - Looks good.

3) The Generals Robe - In the interest of perfection the name could use an apostrophe, and the description is a little fragmented. Cosmetic issues, nothing more.

4) Samurai Robes - Lol, not my style but looking good.

5) Jinn's Knight Robes - Looking good.

6) Windu Robes - Might consider adding an apostrophe-s to the name, again a cosmetic issue.

7) Casus Fett's Prototype Armor - There's some weird little squares in the description window, one after the word "Special", one after the word "Upgradeable", and one on the row below "Upgradeable".

8) Unknown Armor - The name for one of these armors is all messed up, you know like you get if you go to a Korean website? So is all the text in the description. This item has the same white squares as #7. It is the 6000 credit piece below the Blood Red Mandolorian Armor.

9) Exar Kun's Lightsaber - Can't afford it to test it, no description (not a big deal).

10) Guardain of the Order Lightsaber - There are some grammatical/spelling errors with this one. The word Guardian in the name is misspelled, and I recommend the following descriptive text (fixed various grammatical/spelling errors, please check the names yourself as well):

Two hundred years ago the starship Phenixo crash-landed on an unknown moon. The transport had been on its way to the Jedi Academy on Coruscant when a power surge during hyper-drive initiation hurled them into an unexplored sector of space. On board were thirty-seven young children, all of them sensitive to the force. With no one to guide them in the ways of the force, they began to learn on their own as the years passed. Later their descendants would form the Order of the Holowan. Loyal to neither side of the force, they mastered the strengths and overcame the weaknesses of both. Together they forged the Guardian, the most powerful weapon ever created. The strongest in their order would wield it, and only that person would lead them. Will you have it?

11) Kel Fisto's Saber - Shows up purple to me, as I believe it's supposed to (I put the files back in, no change). The description has some minor errors, but screw it, I'm not rewriting another one. :)

12) The spelling lightsaber and lightsabre is used interchangeably, I don't even know if one is wrong, but using lightsaber like the game does would help continuity.

13) Alora-sor-Dana's lightsaber - looks good, cept it appears on the droid twice. Doesn't seem right for a unique item. :)

14) Kuns lightsaber - Kuns needs an apostrophe, the description says he recrafted (try reforge) into a double bladed weapon, but it's only a single blade.

15) Deridium Sith Saber - I hate orange, but looking good.

16) Sep-Rith-Ro's Lightsaber - there's a white square at the end of the name, and are the hyphens really necessary? If that's part of the name, ok, otherwise it looks silly. If it's part of the name you might want to decapitalize the Rith. It's purple, don't know if it should be or not (I put the files back in, no change), so I'll leave that at that.

17) Acient Jedi Lightsaber - that's supposed to be Ancient, according to the description. There are some other small errors as well, but primarily there are two white blocks back in the description, one after the final period, and one below the paragraph. The blade shows up as white (with the files removed), it's a blue with them back in. Personally I would give it the game's original blue (same for any other saber with a color that came with the game), those textures tend to look better (somehow they are less blocky and seem smoother).

18) Sith Sabers - they're Sith only, as they should be, so I can't equip them. A couple small errors in the descriptions (namely missing periods), and it isn't mentioned in those descriptions that they're Darkside only (might want to add that, not everyone can connect the dots).

19) Force Gloves - Four white squares towards the end of the description. The lines have been broken apart as a result.

20) Sure Shot - Four white squares towards the end of the description. The lines have been broken apart as a result.

There are other occasional errors, like Jedi not being capitalized, but big deal. Otherwise the rest of the items seem fine (if a little overpowered, but who cares), but I can't be 100% positive since I can't afford most of them anyways.

Are the Arena links on both the droid and T3M4 both to the same mod? If so that's a little redundant, but at the least I would rewrite the name of it to just Arena (KOTORArena Mod breaks the continuity of the game) on T3M4.

Ok, no desire to review the basement right now, that's it. Heh, if this mod becomes so perfect that people think you have to buy it in a store, and that makes me the evil tester and editor of death, then so be it. :)

1. The clothing variations just enable different clothing texture. Currently there are 2 clothing styles for Jolee, So Clothes will give Jolee his default clothes and clothes 02 will give you svösh's Jolee's kashyyk clothes. The same will go for bastila she has three clothing variations. Also the soldier has 2 clothing Styles. It was also used to give npc's variations of clothing.

7.Those white squares are unavoidable and were a choice of lay out by the author of the mod Orson.

8. This is Jango fett's armor also made by Orson He is Russian and so are his mods. I asked him to translate them for me for use in the plug-in and he did except that one file was corrupt and I haven't been able to get a translated English version from him yet. The reskin is still good, So that why I included it.

I try to not change the actuall content of the mods I include just to intergrate them as best as possible.

The grammatical/spelling errors will be fixed, but I think that is something that can wait. :) Well Im glad thats all your finding now.

11. No that was My fualt. It will be fixed in the next update

13.I knew about this But I was not to worried, as anything you buy from the droid will be replaced as soon you exit the conversation. It is how the mod was made so that more Items could be easily added to it. Now whether or not you exploit this is up to you(the player). Anyway I fixed it.

14,15,16 fixed

17. Name and discription fixed.As for the texture you may have deleted this sabers texture w_lsabrebblu01.tga .It works fine here

18.I didn't make the mod, so not my place to add that.

19,20. fixed

As for T3 I don't think that can be fixed with out modfifying tha mod.

To xxss

On my system the readme loads into MS word, however all the readme's are installed into override. I'll upload a new update fix when I have a few more.

Archived