Home

help me find .mp3

RpTheHotrod

Originally posted by Darth Rythe

I'd say get your arse sued up and down

lol, couldnt resist :p

You might be able to on KaZaA, but becareful. ALOT of viruses float around in there, and most everything has Spyware in it.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

I have a CD, and I want the songs as .mp3...but for some reason I can't get the songs off the CD. Guess it's too old.

That makes no sense at all.

Only new stuff - mainly Sony, IIRC - has copy-protect stuff on it that won't even play on a PC. Older stuff should be no problem.

Anything older should rip without issue. The potential issue would be the CD not appearing in the IDDB database, which would just mean entering the file ID's manually. No biggie..

Please don't take the illegal route. [side note - it's a good thing that the mods/admins don't take mp3 pirating / kazaa stuff as seriously as the JK warez stuff, or it would be rather lonely here without so many of you ...]

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Why? Because he actually wants people to pay to listen to his music!??! *GASP* The heretic! Give me the gasoline and matches!!!

check this cartoon out

Mike

Wow Mike, you must have an alert that beeps on your cellphone when someone posts about pirating n stuff.... all we need now is Groovy to shut this down......

As for Lars.....I just dont like the guy..... He just seemed so *greedy* That message would have been much better heeded if it had been delivered by a less established, less financially gluttinous artist...

And Mike, Im not that evil, I pay for things I want and to support to that artist/software co. etc... do you remember when I posted a pic of all my final fantasy games, and I have originals of all the Lucasarts titles Ive ever played.......

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Darth Rythe

I don't get it?

Where did you get it from?:confused:

You must not know the past legal issues with KaZaA....

KaZaA sued alot of people uploading & downloading on KaZaA.

Sued for what you ask? Ironically... they sued people for copyright laws.. now.. that's retarded

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Wow Mike, you must have an alert that beeps on your cellphone when someone posts about pirating n stuff.... all we need now is Groovy to shut this down......

I saw a thread asking for help finding some MP3 - I thought perhaps it was mp3's from a SW game or something, who knows. Anyway, I tried to reply in a helpful way.

As for Lars.....I just dont like the guy..... He just seemed so *greedy* That message would have been much better heeded if it had been delivered by a less established, less financially gluttinous artist...
But why (would it have been more heeded?) OK, so he is 'corporate' compared to other heavy metal guys, but would it have had impact coming from Shawn Lane? Or Anthony Braxton? Or Steven Reich? Or some other struggling (OK, Lane is sadly dead now) artist nobody knows about? When the industry tried using 'average people' who work in factories, they were labelled as disingenuous (which they are and were, but that is besides the point).

The point is that there is no argument other than an arrest warrent many people will listen to; no price other than free they will pay.

And Mike, Im not that evil, I pay for things I want and to support to that artist/software co. etc... do you remember when I posted a pic of all my final fantasy games, and I have originals of all the Lucasarts titles Ive ever played.......
Didn't mean to single you out - you and I have gone round on this before. I have a pretty simple view.

Borrowing a friends CD and ripping a song I view under 'fair use' (legally this is currently subject to contradictory laws).

Downloading = piracy = illegal = wrong. And I don't care if it is songs or apps or games or whatever.

Mike

OK, so he is 'corporate' compared to other heavy metal guys,

'Tallica's not heavy metal, just had to point that out ;)

Anyways, I listen to a lot of stuff that nobody over here have even heard of (Bauhaus, Siouxie and the Banshees, The Sisters Of Mercy, Lacrimosa, etc...), and I find it impossible to find any cds with them at all... And I don't have a credit card, so I can't order them...

The only way to get them is downloading...

Anyways, a week or two ago I found a Bauhaus cd to my surprise... Needlessly to say I bought it right away, even though I had downloaded almost all the songs on it...

Also, if I like one or two songs by a band, I'm probably not gonna buy their entire cd, but I actually bought Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden, even though I had only heard two songs by them... A pleasant surprise actually :)

I know that didn't answer your question at all, but it seemed to fit in ;)

Originally posted by Pie™

'Tallica's not heavy metal, just had to point that out ;)

When looking them up, here is what I got for genre definition: 'Thrash, Heavy Metal, Speed Metal'

Certainly speed metal worked in ~'83 when I heard them (drummer in the fusion band I played in was a major metal-head)

I listen to a lot of stuff ... impossible to find cds ... don't have a credit card ... only way to get them is downloading...
Here is a question - for any and all: how did people listen to unpopular music before MP3-downloads? What about before internet purchases and before kids had credit cards?

Do you think it was easy 20 years ago? Did we all just give up and listen to Madonna, Culture Club and Frankie? Um, no. I spent a lot of time cruising record stores, grabbing whatever I could. Calling radio stations, ordering through local stores, taking trips into the city. And I built a fairly huge collection of stuff I would never have gotten if I hadn't worked to get it because it was worth listening to.

I guess all you kids need to get off your lazy arses and work for what you believe in ;)

Mike

Another - unrelated - thing.

Having to work to find this stuff can take you on a journey of discovery.

Way back in '81 I was at the local record store, browsing the jazz section as usual, and found a record called Shinola by JohnScofield (never heard of), featuring Steve Swallow on bass (had heard he was great, but didn't have any of his stuff). I bought it - never heard a song or anything, just bought it. Not only is it *still* a fave with a spot on my iPod (even when it was just 5GB, at 40GB it is not such an honor ;) ), but he is one of my favorite guitarists and a major figure in jazz, and by my lucky discovery I was then able to grab a local show before he was famous in a nice small club trio setting.

Mike

When looking them up, here is what I got for genre definition: 'Thrash, Heavy Metal, Speed Metal'

That's funny, I thought stuff like Slayer and Tristania was considered heavy metal...

Load and ReLoad are more like country...

But that's just a matter of opinion I guess... ;)

Do you think it was easy 20 years ago? Did we all just give up and listen to Madonna, Culture Club and Frankie? Um, no. I spent a lot of time cruising record stores, grabbing whatever I could. Calling radio stations, ordering through local stores, taking trips into the city. And I built a fairly huge collection of stuff I would never have gotten if I hadn't worked to get it because it was worth listening to.

I guess all you kids need to get off your lazy arses and work for what you believe in ;)

Mike

Again... We have 2 record stores, closest bigger (by Norwegian measures) city is about 6-7 hours drive, small country...

Since I don't have a license or a car, I don't think I'd want to walk for several days to maybe find a cd if i was lucky...

And I don't think any radio stations would have gothic music...

And believe me, I have searched the record stores ;)

However, if I see a copy of one of these cds I'll be sure to pick it up, even tough I don't have a lot of money at all...;)

Guest Jed
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

all we need now is Groovy to shut this down......

Or Jed, your unfavoritest mod ever :D

Archived