Home

Yes, you are the only Mac user on the planet. [merged threads]

Volker

Can any one please refer me to a Mac help page for Jedi 2 or Jedi Academi. I have a Powerbook G4 and don't know how to access the commands for "Page down", "Home" or the Numbers 4, 5 and 6 in order to activate the Inquisitor, Light Amplification Gogles or the Energy Shield. Those commands don't exist on the Powerbook key board. I haven't even started the game yet but found out about this in the game manual. And I can't find any references anywhere and believe me I've looked for hours now. Just bought the game at 5 p.m. and now it's midnight and I have no clue. Thanks for any response from Grandfather Volker

Not to be a smart a$$, but didn't you game come with a manual/readmes?

Also, there should be a "setup" menu of some kind that shows you what the keys are assigned to by default.

I haven't played the Mac version, but obviously there must be a lot of people who wanted it, because it was released! ; )

I suggest you send a Private Message to txa1265 and ask him because he plays on a Powerbook.

I assume the console works on a Mac as it does on Windoze. Open the console (Shift and ~) and enter the following:

/bind <key1> "use_seeker"

/bind <key2> "use_lightamp_goggles"

/bind <key3> "use_field"

Where <key1> is your desired key for the Inquisitor, <key2> is for the Light Amplification Goggles, and <key3> is for the Energy Shield.

You should already have Next Inventory and Previous Inventory keys that let you cycle through your inventory to the item you want, then press the Use key.

The goggles only work in Single Player and the Energy Shield only works in Multiplayer.

Yeah re-bind them all trying to use the FN mid game aint fun, you aint missing to much out on Inquisitor, Light Amplification Gogles or the Energy Shield BTW :)

And there are plenty of us that use a Mac much to the discust of the community :p

Hi Everyone,

thank you for all the help. I haven't tried any suggestions yet, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. And yes Anakin I would like to join you. I'll send email soon. And now to the embarassing moderator. I'm sorry Kurgan but you are a smart a$$ but that's allright. Nobody is perfect. If you would have read my post I mentioned clearly that I read the manual. (up and down) And the problem was not the assignment of the keys, but where those keys (page up and down, Home) are on my Powerbook key board since they are none existent. But don't worry you'll learn and maybe you should try a Mac some time before you'll answer stuff about that. Peace and happy gaming to all of you. Sincerely Volker from California

Thank you!!!

Hi Everyone,

thank you for all the help. I haven't tried any suggestions yet, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. And yes Anakin I would like to join you. I'll send email soon. And now to the embarassing moderator. I'm sorry Kurgan but you are a smart a$$ but that's allright. Nobody is perfect. If you would have read my post I mentioned clearly that I read the manual. (up and down) And the problem was not the assignment of the keys, but where those keys (page up and down, Home) are on my Powerbook key board since they are none existent. But don't worry you'll learn and maybe you should try a Mac some time before you'll answer stuff about that. Peace and happy gaming to all of you. Sincerely Volker from California

I've been having PM reply issues lately (i.e. it seems to timeout every time), so ...

I drastically reassign just about every key but WASD. You don't need to 'bind', the setup menu is the same as Windows, so just use that.

One thing, for my Intellimouse, I used the control panel for that to assign the special funstions for JKII & JA and just left them alone in the game (it doesn't seem to recognize 'Mouse 4' from the mouse)

Mike

Originally posted by Volker

Thank you!!!

Hi Everyone,

Hehe, ok. I was tired when I read it probably, (and I'm of course jaded enough to assume that) I apologize. I use macs from time to time but I have never used them for gaming, so you've got me there!

Yeah kurgan is an Ass hole, big immature dick head. He always assumes stuff and tries too hard to impress people. Hes got a big head, thinks hes cool, thinks he knows everything, post in every thread with his "I'm better than you I know evything" attitude. He'll probably ban me for this and make fun of my spelling. You know what? I dont care. These forums are a joke. JA is a joke along with Lucasarts. I've been comming to jediknight.net and these forums since Jedi Knight, and after all these years its still just stupid nerds arguing about a game thats a half assed attempt.

So since this is probably my last post before I get banned. F u c k O f f!!!! Lamers! LAMERS! L A M E R S!!!!

Later.

Originally posted by TheBlueFlamingo

Yeah kurgan is an Ass hole, big immature dick head. He always assumes stuff and tries too hard to impress people. Hes got a big head, thinks hes cool, thinks he knows everything, post in every thread with his "I'm better than you I know evything" attitude. He'll probably ban me for this and make fun of my spelling. You know what? I dont care. These forums are a joke. JA is a joke along with Lucasarts. I've been comming to jediknight.net and these forums since Jedi Knight, and after all these years its still just stupid nerds arguing about a game thats a half assed attempt.

So since this is probably my last post before I get banned. F u c k O f f!!!! Lamers! LAMERS! L A M E R S!!!!

Later.

Cheerio for now then! :D

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by TheBlueFlamingo

Later.

Troll much?ewok1.gif

Archived