Home

Kotor 1.5 will Rock!

Hurry and get us a good sequel ASAP or take longer to put out a great game later?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Hurry and get us a good sequel ASAP or take longer to put out a great game later?

• Hurry up! I NEED MORE KOTOR!
    • Take your time and put out a much better game later!

Hey guys, there is so much talk about KotOR 2 but I hope everyone realizes that there will not really be any KotOR2. What am I talking about? Well everyone knows by now that KotOR2: Sith Lords is supposed to be released early 2005, right? That is true but if you read the magazine and web articles that have come out to date, the developers at Obsidian are really not planning on making too many changes to the original formula.

I say that this is good. It's better if they try not to get too complicated and just stick with what works in the original game. Sure, we would all love to see them make the game as incredible as possible BUT to make to many changes to the original game programming take TIME!! LOTS OF TIME!!! I for one am not patient enough to wait 2 or 3 years or more just for them to come out with the next KOTOR game.

Take for example Halo and Halo2. The sequel I'm sure will be incredible but &^%&^%$%^$ how long is it going to take them to release it? I've run out of patience and I don't want to wait so long for KOTOR2: Sith Lords.

I've read a hundred different posts about how gamers would like to see the game improved and most of it I agree with BUT I just hope that Obsidian will just KEEP IT SIMPLE and don't mess up the stuff the made KOTOR good.

I can wait for who knows how long for a really great adventure on or above par of the first one. Rather than have something quickly packaged together, that while playing you can feel how rushed it was. Something like Jedi Academy, while a good game, felt too rushed. So I hope Obsidian just takes their time & in the end blows me away with the Sith Lord experience.

i think thats why Lucasarts and bioware took 3+ years to develop and optimize the original KOTOR so making a sequal just as good or better than the original would take 1 1/2 years thus letting lucasarts turn in alot of money and getting credited with one of the best sequals ever b/c their was just a few things to add onto performance, graphics, and quality wise from the original. IMO a very smart move.

I'm a bit uneasy to be honest. I too must cite the JA example - I want a well put together/thought out game, not something rushed in order to simply make money. In order to create a good quality rpg [imo] it takes time. I waited a long time for the original, I can wait a while for the sequal. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy the game no matter how fast it comes out, I just hope it lives up to my expectations.

I would most certainly prefer them to take another 2 years if they could make the game as good as it should be. As much as i want this game, i don't want them to rush it, same with Halo 2, and i'm glad that its taken so long to come along, it will be an outstanding game for it, Fable too. In this case however we must remember 2 VERY important things:

1/This game may have only recently got a load of publicity, but from what i'm told, its been in development for some time anyway, so there'll have longer on it than you may think.

2/No matter what we say, it won't make the developers change their minds, if they are aiming for a Feb 2005 release, then that's what there'll try and do, despite the fact that the majority of the fans would rather thay take another 6 Months/Year to add much more stuff to it, and make minor improvements.

Its kinda like a doubled edged lightsaber aint it? We get another another fantastic expierience, reasonably quickly, and miss out on better things. Or we wait another damn long time for a better game. :/

Okoru

Originally posted by Okoru

i think its been in development since before the first KOTOR was even completed.

I find that a little hard to belive, seems very strange. :/

This is correct. I believe ti was mentioned in the EGM article about KOTOR 2...

Makes sense to me. The release would be just before Ep 3 comes out...

Half the team was probably working on 2 whilst the other half finished up the PC version of KOTOR.

But even so, is a Feb. 05 release date really that unbelievable? They didn't have to create an engine this time around, and judging from the media thus far, they're re-using an insanely large amount of material from the first game.

If the release date is February 5,it is unbelievable for me because it is simply too early!I thought these guys will take a loooong time to develop a game of true class.

Well if Obsidian can develop KotOR2 to perfection within this short time everyone are winners-we,the consumers,for having such a nice game in a short period of time;and the developers,for making a huge sum of money in a short amount of time due to us.

Originally posted by Prime

This is correct. I believe ti was mentioned in the EGM article about KOTOR 2...

Makes sense to me. The release would be just before Ep 3 comes out...

Its true? Thats actually great to hear...they made it seem as if the project started half a year later orso... I'm really happy cause working longer stands in my book for beeing better.. I could wait even another year if it would make it a lot better

Just have to add: No matter what worries we have, Obs. will NOT screw this up, the fan backlash would be a crippling blow. Even if this doesn't turn out to be a completelly fresh experience, whats the problem? KOTOR ruled, if it ends up being another story with some new charactrers/weps/planets etc, who cares?

Okoru

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very excited about this latest installment. I agree that Jedi Academy was rushed and could have been really great. KOTOR II will definately be more of the same but that isn't so bad is it?!

Archived