43 members have voted

1. 1. Obi vs. Ani

• Obi Wan :-Anakin is arrogant, impatient
    • Anakin :-Obi was is holding me back, he's jealous of me

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Sith are both sane and insane. They are Palpatines patience and cunning in his rise to galactic rule proves his sanity. The fact that he trusts nobody, not even his apprentice, Vader, proves his insanity as well.

Anakin was driven by one of the most powerful things in existence. Power. He had enormous power at his disposal. He had the ability to use the Force, something that most beings could not do. Not only did he have this ability, but he was naturally better at it than those that also had it. And with a midichlorine count one could measure his/her own super power potential, and his potential measured the highest ever. That is a huge ego booster. That is what happened. The first ten years of his life he was a slave, and now he saves the universe from harm, instantly over night. He gets a taste of his power and wants more. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. That is what happened to Anakin.

I think that both Obi-Wan and Anakin were right. Anakin was arrogant and impatient. Obi-Wan was holding him back because there was much about the Force that he needed to learn before he became able to use its power. The Jedi rely on the knowledge of the fore and the Sith rely on the power of the force.

Palpatine came to power by using both, knowledge and power. In the end, he relied on his power and eventually lost to the knowledge.

Originally posted by Nairb Notneb

Sith are both sane and insane. They are Palpatines patience and cunning in his rise to galactic rule proves his sanity. The fact that he trusts nobody, not even his apprentice, Vader, proves his insanity as well.

Anakin was driven by one of the most powerful things in existence. Power. He had enormous power at his disposal. He had the ability to use the Force, something that most beings could not do. Not only did he have this ability, but he was naturally better at it than those that also had it. And with a midichlorine count one could measure his/her own super power potential, and his potential measured the highest ever. That is a huge ego booster. That is what happened. The first ten years of his life he was a slave, and now he saves the universe from harm, instantly over night. He gets a taste of his power and wants more. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. That is what happened to Anakin.

I think that both Obi-Wan and Anakin were right. Anakin was arrogant and impatient. Obi-Wan was holding him back because there was much about the Force that he needed to learn before he became able to use its power. The Jedi rely on the knowledge of the fore and the Sith rely on the power of the force.

Palpatine came to power by using both, knowledge and power. In the end, he relied on his power and eventually lost to the knowledge.

I completely agree. If i would have been Anakin, I would have made the same choice/mistake that he did. So actually it was pretty "human" of him to turn to the dark side, he was young and inpatient which made him easy to manipulate.

I think that Anakin was doomed to "failure" from his conception. He was so powerful with the force that he us ill-equipped to handle it form such a late stage in his life. Being able to use the force is a dangerous thing. One can become so powerful that a single individual can cause a lot of havoc in a galaxy regardless if he/she is the chosen one or not. Anakin power made him more susceptible to corruption. Obi-Wans lack of experience in training Padawan didn't help his situation any. Plus Obi-Wan had just become a Knight himself. I believe that the council was as much to blame as was Obi. What they should have done was had Yoda or Mace take Anakin on as their padawan learner. Maybe balance would have been brought on in a different manner.

• 3 weeks later...

Anakin was annoying in Episode I, becuase the character was cast too young. An older Anakin, perhaps 13 or 14, would have been more believable, more likeable, and would have had better actors available (no offense, but Jake Lloyd was pretty bad as Anakin).

In Episode II, Hayden Christiansen does a pretty poor job overall, at least with the dialogue. Some of his lines are pretty lame, and sound worse when he says them ("Don't worry, we have R2 with us"). The character is cocky, arrogant, and frankly not all that good. He doesn't do anything really spectacular (at least on-camera- what I'd give to see some of the Tusken fight).

Held back- not really. He seems to do whatever he wants to, with no inhibitions and little ability to think ahead.

Obi-wan, on the other hand, is pretty cool. Kind of a goody two-shoes, in some respects- "Yes, Master" "Of course, Master." But he kicks some butt in Episode I, as a mere Padawan (about the same level as Anakin in EP2) . In Episode 2, he loses some of that coolness, getting knocked around by first Jango then Dooku. However, he seems correct in his assessment of Anakin as young and arrogant, even more so than he himself was at the same age.

Archived