Home

What happened to the E3 Protest?

SMNMX

The protest board died long ago, and I'm wondering if anyone bothered to go to E3. It's over now, but perhaps something happened (not that I had too much hope. I know from experience that volunteer projects are hard to pull off, especially ones that involve people from all ver the country going to LA to hand out fliers outside a huge event).

Or maybe we'd have got just one guy standing on his own because he already lives in LA. O well. :(

That kinda sucks. . .

Keep up the work on the fangame guys! I'd help if I could, but I really have no expertise in any of the areas your looking for.

Actually, I could help with writing. I occasionally come up with a good Sam and Max converstion. . .

Why am I saying this here? I should be volunteering on the other board!

BUAhAHAAA!

i know some people will find this interesting...

Lucas Arts booth wasn't open to the public at E3. it was in a sperate room off the show floor that you actually had to book an appointment to get into. Needless to say, it was pretty damn impossible to book an appoinment. so unfortuantely i didn't get to see the Lucas Arts booth or anyone who could answer the big question on my mind, which, rather than why was Sam and Max REALLY cancelled, was simply why no repsonse at all to the thousands of fans that wrote in expressing their dissapointment?

also, as a point of interest, they showcased not one original game this year. it was a decidely star wars affair. they even had a guy in a storm tooper gettup playing bouncer.

*sigh*

Before you go all conspiracy on us, a couple things...

LucasArts booth is private every year. It in fact used to be private for the complete duration of E3, start to finish, but this year for the first time they opened the booth to all attendees for Friday afternoon.

Mercenaries is a non Star Wars title shown by LucasArts this year. Not the most original game ever but its definitely not Star Wars, and not a sequel to an existing game...

Also, at least one E3-goer protested the cancellation (though I don't know who) ... take a look :).

Archived