Home

Need a Star Wars name!

Skuttle

Nah, go with something you can at least pronounce...

Usually, I use a real name and change the spelling. Or use words that weren't intended as names.

Ex:

Tuba Grin

Hatchet Melee

Ex:

Kyrk Dugglas

Jorge Lookis

Jakk Nykklsen

Carsin Daylie

(don't use thei real names, just mix and match)

Here's my name. It may seem familiar, but trust me, I came up with it all by myself, here it is-Van Lingo. And thats just off the top of my head. Oh, btw, I think mine are the best. Not my joke one, my ones from a few posts up.

I wrote a 'name generator' in BASIC once (not for SW, but just for fantasy type names), which used to print out reams of nonsense, but you'd find the odd gem hidden away. You just apply some basic rules, like inserting vowels after a certain number of consonants etc.

That SW name generator Siv linked to has some whacky results. It's basically one of those things that takes the first 3 letters from whatever you write, and splices them together. Sometimes it works...sometimes it looks silly. :p

It's probably easier to try it out on a piece of paper.

Another idea is to look at a post like this and reverse every word in it...read them backwards, basically. Sometimes that helps. :D

Like...'read them' could become 'Meth Daer'.

You know how I made my name?

Van - For some reason, I love this name. Someday I'd like to have a son to name Van. Inspiration: Van Morrison

Lingo - As a kid, my favorite Burger King Kid's Club member was Lingo. For some reason, that name stuck all these years. Inspiration: Too many Burger King commercials

It was sheer coincidence that Van Lingo sounded so much like my favorite Star Wars character, Han Solo.

Side note: if you ever watch the blooper reels on the Episode I and II DVDs, you'll find that the man who designed all of the menus and directed the layout is named Van Ling. Creepy.

Originally posted by VanLingo

You know how I made my name?

Van - For some reason, I love this name. Someday I'd like to have a son to name Van. Inspiration: Van Morrison

Lingo - As a kid, my favorite Burger King Kid's Club member was Lingo. For some reason, that name stuck all these years. Inspiration: Too many Burger King commercials

It was sheer coincidence that Van Lingo sounded so much like my favorite Star Wars character, Han Solo.

Side note: if you ever watch the blooper reels on the Episode I and II DVDs, you'll find that the man who designed all of the menus and directed the layout is named Van Ling. Creepy.

I alway's have the feeling you're from the netherlands (just like me!), because there 'van' could be a... How do you call it? The tihing between you're first and last name... Anyway, it sounds very dutch.

give skuttle a star wars feeling? Oh thats a very complicated process;

WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE PROCESS:

-1 un-starwars-feeling-name

-1 pair of brains

-1 internet browser

STEPS

First of all, be very careful. I cannot be held responsible for any mishaps

1) Take the name

2) Gently, add the word 'Darth' in front of it

There ya go

My nick is actually an edit on a star wars nick gen. i once did (from Aleers to Alegis)

Archived