Home

Ignore players?

Dr_night

Sometimes in mp, there are people that don't make any sense, and will do nothing but try to force their ways on you, argue their side in a debate with points that have nothing whaatsoever to do with the issue, ect.

As most servers don't have mods that have this, (if there are mods that have it) is there any basejka way to ignore a player through a console command or something? and if there isn't, is there ANY way that a client side mod or program (like killtracker/autoreplier) to ignore players?

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

In other words AIVAS, people like yourself (Only you don't admit it)?

There's always Use Team Chat if you're in a team game and they're not in it.

Not really, I don't try to debate my side with issues that have nothing to do with the point of debate. And I don't try to force my opinion on others, but if I listen to your debate, and my mind isn't changed, it isn't going to be, so I tell people that so they don't waste more energy.

As for team chat, that works nicley in team games where everyone your debating with minus the "ignore" person is on your team, but that isn't always an option, and if someone on the other team besides that "ignore" person is in the debate, then it effectivley removes that person from it. I was hoping for a simple way to ignore someone like there was in jk2, so that when they spam/be a complete ash, I can just keep them from cluttering up my console.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

EXACTLY!

Well, it was our choice, and not all of us have "chat" programs, due to the miniscule chance that we won't get viruses.

Player A makes a comment.

Player B disagrees.

Player A states why he feels he is correct still.

Player B brings up a point/statement that says why he feels he is correct.

And it goes on from there.

[GOAD=Lathain]Besides, this specific one was during a saber duel in MBII, so nothing to do. Heck, if saber duels got any slower, I'd just go afk and check in every 5 minutes to swing and block.[/GOAD]

;)

well every online game needs a chat... you'll want to ask for help, just talk, etc. but indeed this game has sort of transformed into a "chill" place where everybody are relaxing in their favorite spots of the map and just talking all day long. people need to start playing the game for real, but that ain't gonna happen... this is where UT 2004 comes in lol

Originally posted by AIVAS

Well, it was our choice, and not all of us have "chat" programs, due to the miniscule chance that we won't get viruses.

;)

....the only people that get viruses from chat programs are stupid idiots who read spam emails.

#1 Mozilla Firefox (no exploits like IE)

#2 Spybot

#3 Adaware

#4 Sygate Personal Firewall

hell even add in an anti-virus if you want. I have used sygate and firefox for over 6 months and i haven't had a single virus or spyware, and i don't even run a virus scan other than before i go to a lan party *just* to be sure.

Originally posted by Rumor

....the only people that get viruses from chat programs are stupid idiots who read spam emails.

#1 Mozilla Firefox (no exploits like IE)

#2 Spybot

#3 Adaware

#4 Sygate Personal Firewall

hell even add in an anti-virus if you want. I have used sygate and firefox for over 6 months and i haven't had a single virus or spyware, and i don't even run a virus scan other than before i go to a lan party *just* to be sure.

You have no idea how fun it is to disrupt both the ways of "honourz" as well as "gamers".

Why does that sound like "You have no idea how powerful the dark side is."? :eek:

Archived