Home

Did Boba Fett ever die??????

Ch1cago88

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

think about what you've just said. ive always respected you insanesith and you've cracked me up on several occasions but please get off the crack. hes a busy man, hes not gonna wake up and say "well the fans love boba and hes making me money by being 'alive' so id better go tell everybody hes alive". Boba is a good character and GL has authorized the stories about him so i dont see where you're coming from.

and ET ummm that bit about the multiplicity clones of clones=retarded. aside from being politically incorrect (hah made you think i cared =P) its just silly. just because one sci-fi movie had it doesnt mean its universal.

and .:CoupeS:. what the hell are you talking about? GL DID SO INTEND TO DO EP 7-9. he intended ALOT of stuff that never materialized. i had a copy of an artwork book for SW concepts released by lucasfilms and luke was intended to be a girl. just because GL changed his mind doesnt mean he never intended something different.

why do you think theres always been such discussion of ep7-9? because that was the original plan. and yes i know boba would never have been intended as a part of 7-9 but alot has changed since GL's concepts were first birthed. but yes i agree that boba wasnt intended to survive at the time of ROTJ. but quite obviously he had enough of a following to bring him into the prequels (and completely confuse anybody who ever noticed the different voices of boba fett ep5-6 and jango ep2. ACCENTS ANYONE?) and put him in so many video games.

as for your exploding sarlacc challenge "someone tell me how you can blow something from the inside unsing grenades and not blow yourself to dust by the same occasion ? "

ill answer that as soon as you explain to me how a sarlacc lives for thousands of years in a desert... oh wait... its coming to me.... yes its definitely coming..... ITS BLOODY SCI FI! IT DOESNT HAVE TO MAKE SENSE! there are tons of possibilities. maybe bobas armor was just that damn good to prevent grenades from blowing him up and the sarlaccs belly wasnt reinforced. maybe sarlaccs are actually big pansies and explode if a very small grenade goes off, maybe the sarlaccs belly is a humongous pit that makes olympic swimming pools look like kitchen sinks. WE JUST DONT KNOW.

back to ETwarrior. thanks for posting the link http://starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20021202.html

but i feel i should point out that if you had asked GL at a certain point in history and quoted him it wouldve looked like "yes the main character, the daughter of the vile dark lord is a girl". timing is everything.

as with most things in this world it comes down to money. theres no money in boba being dead, so they brought him back and made alot of people happy.

i know that the EU can contradict itself on occasion (i actually remember reading some terrible EU novel that spoke of obi-wan kenobi having hermitted himself on tattooine 80 years prior to ANH) but the EU is just as much starwars as the movies are. some people dont like the EU, and some people like the EU exclusively claiming that the movies (prequels anyway) suck. i personally like both worlds and follow the EU very closely. im not ashamed to admit that i have over 100 starwars books somewhere around my home.

GL said himself that ep3 will have at least one EU spawned character in it. he didnt say who but im gonna laugh when these "Canon only" people are forced to accept that the EU does count.

thanks for keeping the debate civilized and not turning this into some flame war. i dont think anybodys really gonna change their opinion so suffice it to say "is boba fett alive?" is a personal question.

Word.

I follow the EU very closely. I think that Star Wars loses its awesome edge without the EU. The EU wouldn't be canon if GEorge Lucas didn't allow it. They have to ask him if they can make a book. If he says yes, it is canon. The comics are repeatedly rejected by George Lucas as being true Star Wars. I sincerely believe the EU, and will follow it. Boba Fett lives, it is the current thing. As Darth Talliusc puts it, Luke was gonna be a girl. So, I might as well be ET Warrior and show you guys a link where George Lucas says that Luke is a girl, but it was changed and he let it be. Wrong. Luke is a guy, and that is the most current thinking/thing. Same for Boba Fett, it is most current that he is alive (and a guy...LOL!!).

:fett:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Majin Revan

The EU wouldn't be canon if GEorge Lucas didn't allow it. They have to ask him if they can make a book. If he says yes, it is canon.

I honestly have to wonder if you even READ what I post and follow my links. I suppose I'll refresh your memory as far as CANON is concerned, since the term seems to give you trouble

When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films.

Doomgiver is completely correct, there is Star Wars Star Wars, and there is EU Star Wars. I actually enjoy both, but I refuse to accept EU in a debate about the movies.

I might as well be ET Warrior and show you guys a link where George Lucas says that Luke is a girl, but it was changed and he let it be.

Show me the link then. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Doomgiver

Even when ep. 1 was already done, there was still a chance of episodes 7-9.

Not true.

Wanna know whats important people? The fact that George Lucas has completely lost his mind and made Jar-Jar Binks a key character that he intends on putting in the re-re-redone OT during the celebration on Corusant.

Bastard...

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Does it really matter if he's dead or not?

Star Wars Wars EpIV: A new canon?

Star Wars Wars EPV: The EU strikes back!

Calm down everyone. These films and books are meant to be enjoyed. It's not really important whether you consider Star Wars EU to be canon or not - the films and books are ALL fiction.

So to answer Ch1cago88's question: It's up to you. Let him live on in your imagination....

Even when ep. 1 was already done, there was still a chance of episodes 7-9.

Not true.

Well, i read it in the official starwars magazine. I don't have it here in holland, but some friends of me got some magazines from the UK I believe and the people there reacted to a letter with 'George lucas does have some notes about a possible third trilogy, about the further happenings of Luke Skywalker's life.'or something like that. It did said there was a very small chance though... But in the very beginning, there were twelve episodes planned! And I really mean the very very beginning.

[to go off topic]

My theory is that the Star Wars universe happens in cycles.

Republic rules in peace > sith take over > lone jedi saves the day.

If we stick to canon or pre-movie EU the chances are that nothing really exciting happens after ROTJ - the republic settles back down and starts getting on with things, the Jedi Order rebuilds itself and there is a period of calm for about 1000-2000 years before it all happens again.

IF GL ever did get onto it, it would probably be set 20-40 years in the future anyway - just like we saw an older version of ben kenobi in EPIV we'd see an older version of Luke, Han ETC.

IN FACT that is exactly what GL is doing. He's waiting for Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford etc to get really old and then he'll make the last 3:)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Did not.

:eyeraise: You do realize that an accent isn't a genetic trait? Right? It's not even necessarily passed from parent to child. I have a friend whose father is Iranian and has a very strong accent, and my friend doesn't have a trace of one.

No, we aren't. That EU-inspired character will make an appearance, and everything about her that shows up in the movies will become canon. The EU about her is just a story that someone made up that may or may not be correct.

yes i realize that accents are not genetic. i also realize that boba has an accent in ep2 (maybe you should go and watch ep2 again?).

my point was that the character that comes in will be EU. that person will be completely following the designs of the EU. nothing in the movie will contradict that persons EU past. therefore the EU counts towards movies. understand where im going with this?

and please read that link you sent again. it clearly states that at one point in time GL did intend to make 7-9. therefore what i said was correct. just because hes not still planning it doesnt mean he never intended it at all.

edit: i so wish i still had that concept art book from early lucasfilms days. it has design sketches for the early darth vader suits and clearly mentions episodes 7-9 several times... plus its probably worth some money if the condition doesnt suck. best 2$ garage sale buy ever.

and please read that link you sent again. it clearly states that at one point in time GL did intend to make 7-9. therefore what i said was correct. just because hes not still planning it doesnt mean he never intended it at all.

Yeah, it says he planned a 7-9 when he thought it would take 9 movies to tell THIS story. But then he realized he can do it in 6. There was never a plan for a movie that extended BEYOND the death of Vader and the emperor and the second death star.

therefore the EU counts towards movies. understand where im going with this?

So, because we have one instance where the EU will be incorporated into the movies, that makes the EU a valid source of information about the movies? Even though the prequels themselves have already contradicted several EU stories?

GL never planned to make episodes 7-8-9, they don't even exist in his mind. Let me explain it to you once and for all.

• GL wrote a story.
  • GL cuts it in 9 chapters.
  • GL decides to tell the same story in only 6 chapters.
  • Crazy people think there are 9 episodes.
  • We explain the situation to the crazy people.
  • Crazy people think there are 9 episodes.

So it's the same story, not a shoter one, it's only in a different package than it was originally thought.

Heh...WRONG. Just listen to me and Darth Talliusc. Because...you can't resist the power of...us supporting Boba Fett!!

Oh, and someone said the EU is boring?!?! Not!! The Yuuzhan Vong weren't boring!! It was funny to see them kill people and have their throats ripped out by Noghri!!

:fett:

thanks doomgiver.

hes exactly right. just because the story changed to have its end at ep6 with palpys death doesnt mean thats what the plan was all along. there were many ideas around lucasfilm for more movies and some were actually (at one point in time) more then just ideas, but PLANS.

and ET try to understand what i mean here. im not saying ALL EU is vaild, im not saying that it doesnt contradict movies every so often (and for the record when their are contradictions, not just questions like this topic but CONTRADICTIONS i side with the movies. like obi-wan hermitting for nearly a century before luke found him etc).

my point was solely that if the EU is good enough for GL (not just to make money off of but to USE in his movies) then maybe, just maybe, its good enough for the fans? GL takes the EU into account when he makes his movies, we know this via the EU character being included (and you seem so sure its a she, ie probably ventress, but im not convinced, if theres proof id love to have it, you're very good with links ive found). so if GL is using the EU to compliment his movie story why cant you people accept that maybe the EU isnt always wrong? maybe GL likes the idea of boba surviving (note: likes currently, not in the past, not when any interviews were given, but right now, after giving the go ahead for all those boba mini-series stories)?

its possible that boba is dead to george and always will be. but until/unless it comes up in a movie you have no real way of saying conclusively hes dead.

as far as ANYBODY can say conclusively: boba (or somebody in his armor) was knocked into the mouth of the sarlacc, what became of him after the intial plunge/burp is unknown. at the time of endor hes is considered missing in action (this the EU and canoners can agree upon i hope).

oh and .:CoupeS:. you're not completely wrong, but you are wrong. at one time like doomgiver said, it was planned to have MORE story after ep6 (not a stretched out version of the 6 chapter story but a full 9 chapter affair) but that changed. and i do believe that for at least a certain portion of time the 6chapter story was considered for stretching into a 9 chapter story (after the last 3 chapters of the earlier story had been scrapped).

now please drop the condescending superior attitude and accept that you dont know everything.

edit: *insert peter griffin laugh* post 1111 *more laughter*

second edit: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bobafett/ i draw your attention to the last line "With a sickly belch from the desert creature, it seemed as if Fett's career as the galaxy's most notorious bounty hunter was brought to an end." key word: SEEMED. this is taken directly from the official data bank under the MOVIES tab. under the EU tab it elaborates on his continued existence but the point is that even in the movies tab they dont say hes dead.

Originally said by Steve Sansweet

But as [George] actually worked through the story line, he realized long ago that the story he wanted to tell could naturally be told in six two-hour films.

Originally said by Steve Sansweet

[George] says that he honestly has no story to tell beyond the destruction of the second Death Star.

:dozey: CoupeS wins.

And what I am saying, Darth Talliusc, is that I think the EU is just fine and dandy, but in a question on whether, in the movie Star Wars, Boba Fett lives or dies, the answer is that he dies. Now, if the question is in Star Wars lore, then he can be said to live.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

:dozey: CoupeS wins.

I... I... I win !!! :sheepdanc

i]Originally posted by Doomgiver[/i]

But GL SO planned to do 7-8-9! He has a little notebook where he writes down ideas, and guess whats in it? Ideas for another trilogy! It was in the official magazine dammit!

:eek: Oh wow ! Really ? Does he also talk about his highschool crush in his little notebook ? :rolleyes:

It didn't say that... don't look at me like i'm stupid (or look at your computer screen in this case) cause, like i said, it was in the official starwars magazine!

Say, i have a question for all you 'pro-movie anti-EU' guys. what if GL decided to make a movie out of, let's say, the yuuzhan vong crisis. Then it would be a starwars movie, and you'd accept it right? but Gl included it in his true vision of starwars all along, only you didn't believe it untill he made a movie out of it! Doesn't that seem pretty stupid?

The yuuzhan vong WERE considered real starwars right? Otherwise this is a bad example.

Say, i have a question for all you 'pro-movie anti-EU' guys. what if GL decided to make a movie out of, let's say, the yuuzhan vong crisis. Then it would be a starwars movie, and you'd accept it right? but Gl included it in his true vision of starwars all along, only you didn't believe it untill he made a movie out of it! Doesn't that seem pretty stupid?

Except the Yuuzhan Vong were never, EVER a part of GL's vision of Star Wars. I've posted the link twice, quoted it on SEVERAL occasions, but it seems to go unnoticed. THERE IS NO STORY BEYOND EPISODE 6. That's the end. Finis.

Did you also notice this? I'm not going to reread the entire thread each time...

I dont know what you mean by were considered real star wars. They're real EU star wars, but they're not a part of the movies...if that's what you're asking....:confused:

Archived