Home

Did Boba Fett ever die??????

Ch1cago88

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*sigh*

EU is NOT. I repeat NOT canon. The ONLY thing that is 100% canon is the movies. That's all there is to it, you can't debate it.

As for GEORGE LUCAS' stance on Boba fett, I'll edit this post once I find the link.

http://starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20021202.html

There it is. Although George approved his return in the books, as far as he is concerned movie-wise Boba Fett is dead.

aw thats just stupid! that would make him invincible and NO ONE is invincible dark jedi or sith may be POWERFUL but even they arent invincible. [...] if your head is gone from your body the brain cant work. heart and brain work together so if its dissconnected you die. simple. if jango comes back that is two words BS

that whole jango regrowing crap, is a load fo crap

The EU is "canon" as you call it.

:lol: man, this is getting funnier by th minute !

LOL, i missed something i believe!

Personally, I just believe anything about starwars that is a little believable. If you guys don't, so what! Let EU freaks believe the EU if they want, so theyve got something to talk about when they stop making the movies (Why god, why?) and vice versa to the EU freaks. There's no 'right' or 'wrong' just as with religions. There is no 'true god' and 'true religion' and as such, there's no 'true vision of starwars'.

Though i'd have to admit, to me, GL has the last word about it. If he says boba died, he's dead. If he doesn't, he's not. ok?

Originally posted by Doomgiver

If he doesn't, he's not. ok?

Not O.K. George Lucas views The NJO Series as real Star Wars. And in it, Boba Fett lives. He even wrote in Vector Prime that he views it as real Star Wars. He wants that as real Star Wars, end of discussion.

:fett:

I doesn't matter. People these days don't really like George Lucas and his views. What counts is what the majority and most recent things are. He did approve of the NJO Series books, so still...this is the end of discussion. I win.

HERES WHAT REALLY HAPPENED!!!

He fell in and there was Dracula who threw him into a small black-hole created by the Loch-Ness monster. THEN while travelling the paradox-dimension, he met the all-knowing monkey-testicle who told him that Palpatine was actually an actor hired by Leia to mess with Vader(think Joe Shmoe show). So he went back, but Vader was already dead, having had his head chewed on by a ravenous Darth Maul monkey look-alike.

And then the Care Bears waged war on the Barbies, killing all the Teletubbies.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Originally posted by Majin Revan

Nobody follows him anymore. He doesn't apply as much as he used to.

I'd like you to stop, re-read that, and if you STILL think that it isn't complete bollocks, read it some more. Because that's completely retarded. George Lucas IS Star Wars. Without George Lucas you wouldn't have ANY EU, and therefore, what George Lucas says is golden. IF he says that Boba Fett is dead, Boba Fett is dead. If he says that Luke and Chewbacca mated and are expecting a litter of wookie/human hybrids, then that's what happened.

Boba Lives! Lucas isn't putting as much effort into the Star Wars movies as he used to. Sure, he started it, his created the Star Wars universe, but now... he's losing the effort he put into the series. After Episode III, the only new Star Wars left will be the EU.

Maybe they should take the best EU books and make movies out of them as well...

But anyway, i agree but also disagree with ET... ofcourse, what lucas says goes, but we have two sayings (I know that's not the right word) and one says boba is dead, and the other says he isn't. Since both parties claim GL said this, we only need to find out the truth...

Originally posted by fuzzyfreaker

Boba Lives! Lucas isn't putting as much effort into the Star Wars movies as he used to. Sure, he started it, his created the Star Wars universe, but now... he's losing the effort he put into the series. After Episode III, the only new Star Wars left will be the EU.

Exactly. This is what I've been trying to say the whole time. :D

originally he was dead. but GL realised how much people loved boba so he went back on himself.

boba is too much of a cool character to just leave out, from his constant appearances in later books (where his appearance really doesnt benefit the plot in anyway, its just cool) to his habit of dropping into lucasarts games like jedi academy.

none of us should honestly believe that jango/boba were planned for the prequels. that was an opportunistic move by GL, nothing more. he probably regrets "killing" boba in ep6. and i wouldnt be too surprised if he pulled a "greedo" style edit and somehow changed that scene for the dvd release in september.

because of boba fett we have many stories of mandalorians, many extra boss levels in games (shadows of the empire and the entire bounty hunter game, and some pretty important characters in games like kotor).

so basically it comes down to: are you a puritan hater of all things other then the movies who still lives in the 80's (cant tell my bias can you? haha sorry all, im just jokin with ya) or are you a member of the current century who takes the starwars universe in stride and enjoys it regardless of personal difference with GL?

the only thing i like about boba is his role in the yuuzhan vong series. him and his bounty hunter allies taking vong scalps. classy, very classy.

(nobody better mention that christmas special starring boba fett or i might just start crying)

Originally posted by ZBomber

Durgan, lol. Dengar. :)

There are very good odds he survived. I mean, when he went down, he DID have all his equipment with him :)

So, who the hell is Durgan? Dengar is correct - i'm just wondering what part of my brain dragged Durgan out? Is he a Star Wars character?

As for Boba Fett? Use your imagination. If you don't want him to die, then don't let him. Just ignore anybody that says he's dead.

It's quite simple.

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

(nobody better mention that christmas special starring boba fett or i might just start crying)

Oh you mean that awesome Christmas special that was totally awesome?

What? Its called sarcasm people. START CRYING TALLIUSC!!

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

the only thing i like about boba is his role in the yuuzhan vong series. him and his bounty hunter allies taking vong scalps. classy, very classy.

Dude, like I was saying, those were his nine clones. Not Bounty Hunter allies.

Other than that, everything you said, I agree with. :)

i stand corrected. (i also stand in a puddle of tears kain)

but seriously that christmas special was the worst thing to ever be granted the starwars name tag. and im including jar jar binks in this.

now if you'll excuse me *throws a dead muskrat at Kain* i must go soak my head in icewater for 15 minutes and try to blank out all memory of that christmas special

*splunk*

Archived