Home

Did Boba Fett ever die??????

Ch1cago88

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly my thought also. EU is simply fanfic written by star wars geeks with a relative amount of talent and resources. I don't care if Boba Fett lives in one of these books and I don't care that he has nine clones, but this is not canon !

So just stop throwing EU to our faces like it was valid info. Boba Fett died, and some geek writer resurected him... good for him, I bet his story is really good :rolleyes: , but this is not proof that Boba Fett survived.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

And THAT is an instance where the EU loses credibility. Honestly, Boba Fett and his nine clones? :rolleyes:

Umm, no. Read the above posts. George Lucas probably wanted Boba to go on living, so it is canon. As for the clones...Thrawn had clones. Plus, Boba's clones all died, or were captured.

:fett:

Originally posted by Majin Revan

As for the clones...Thrawn had clones. Plus, Boba's clones all died, or were captured.

Thrawns clones never came to life and helped Thrawn fight the New Republic :rolleyes:

And has anyone seen the movie Mulitplicity? Boba is a clone, so if they made clones of him, they'd have clones of a clone....and all 9 of them were probably retarded. :indif:

Well, if you haven't read Survivor's Quest, do so. They say that there might be another Thrawn clone, helping and being good.

Yes, the clones weren't as good. They were all killed anyway. Boba Fett lives though. Four clones were captured and sacrificed, five were killed in battle. Boba Fett trained them too. Plus, they made many clones of clones, dude!! The Clone Troopers became Stormtroopers, and here is where I am getting at:

A random person joins the Imperial Academy, and gets cloned for more troops. In turn, the clones get cloned too.

As simple as that.

Perhaps the nature of Boba's "death" was kept ambigous on purpose so if GL did decide to do EP7-EP9, it wouldn't be too hard to get Boba back into the story.

The amount of weaponry in Boba's armour could have probably help him escape, or one of Jabba's henchmen could have rescued him etc etc.

I personally find the EU books entertaining but I don't really think they should be treated as canon

Yes!! The Stormtroopers were probably retards!! J/king.

I follow the EU as the last hope that Star Wars has. After the movies, nothing but EU will be left!! Codja X, you're probably right, George Lucas probably wanted him to live. In fact, Boba kills the Sarlaac, by throwing grenades down it. Someone rescues him (I can't remember her name, it was in the Bounty Hunter Wars Series). The Sarlaac ends up regenerating it slef in the "dead" area, living again. The Sarlaac is almost impossible to kill, it expands underground across the Dune Sea.

GL could never have planned to leave Boba's death ambigous in case he made ep7-9, he never intended to do episodes 7 to 9. So he wouldn't leave his death mysterious on purpose simply because a fanboy author could 'revive' him in his book and make clones of him... whooo!

Besides, at that time, GL didn't quite know Boba had so much fans, to him he only was a very secondary character (which he is), so it would seem pointless to him to have him live through this, which means it was clear to him he died.

Finally, someone tell me how you can blow something from the inside unsing grenades and not blow yourself to dust by the same occasion ? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Doomgiver

You, that entire post din't make much sense and is a bit different from the story i heard...

How did it not make sense ? There are no episodes 7-8-9 nor will there ever be, ROTJ is the las episode of the series ! So why would GL would have left a bad guy alive ?

But the sarlacc is pretty big, so you can probably toss a grenade pretty far in there...

And... how would you know this ? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

to him he only was a very secondary character (which he is),

EXACTLY! Look at the movies, how much does Boba Fett ACTUALLY do? He follows Han Solo to Bespin and lets the EMPIRE do the actual capturing, then transports him to Jabba the Hutt...and then he dies a very ignoble and laughable death. He was not portrayed as any kind of badass atall in the movies, but some guy watched it and was like "OMGWTFBBQCAKE that guy is 1337!!!!"

And so now Boba Fett has been immortalized in Star Wars lore as some end-all badass bounty hunter, and yet the only thing he ever did that was impressive was NOT get fooled by Han Solo's hiding in the trash trick, which wasn't THAT impressive. I mean, honestly, it could have been luck. Boba might have just been sitting in the cockpit of Slave I picking his nose and wondering where he should look for Solo when he noticed the flare of the Falcon's engines, and summarily crapped himself he was so amazed at his own dumb luck.

Wow, I'm only gone for a bit, and I seee all of these really stupid posts. Don't you get it?!?! If George Lucas wanted Boba Fett to die, he wouldn't have let authors let him live!! It's as simple as that, George Lucas has declined the authenticy (spelling?) of many books, like, those Junior Jedi Knights Series, and the Young Jedi Knights Series. If he didn't agree with the Bounty Hunter Wars Series or the New Jedi Order Series, then he could decline its authenticy. The two series up there and all of the comics are the only series/books that George Lucas doesn't count as true Star Wars.

As for the Sarlaac...please...the stupidity hurts me!! It is a very deep...thing. Boba Fett threw grenades down to the bottom, they don't just explode in midair in his face!! His armor was burned and his helmet fell off too, but he had spare ones, and he was rescued by Dengar and that one girl in Jabba's palace. Just read the Bounty Hunter Wars Series, it rocks, and it isn't about an actual war between bounty hunters if you were thinking that.

Boba Fett is extremely smart. Read the Boba Fett Series, the thin ones the size of the Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest books, those are valued as true Star Wars as well. Boba Fett freakin' dispatches of Aurra Sing (spelling?) when he was only ten!! Well...hurt her and ran away from her mostly, but he escaped from Count Doku as well!!

So, just please accept, that there is nothing except the EU, after Episode III, and it is official.

Majin Revan out.

Originally posted by Majin Revan

So, just please accept, that there is nothing except the EU, after Episode III, and it is official.

I think that EU can and is at times very entertaining, good science fiction reads. But it IS NOT OFFICIAL, no matter how much you wish it was.

George lucas obviously DID want Boba Fett to die, or he would have SHOWN him crawling out of the Sarlacc at the end of RotJ. He didn't, because in his mind he was just killing off another random bad guy. The ONLY reason Boba Fett lives on is because a bunch of fans went psycho over him for unknown reasons and since it doesn't interfere with HIS story, Boba can live on in THEIR stories.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I think that EU can and is at times very entertaining, good science fiction reads. But it IS NOT OFFICIAL, no matter how much you wish it was.

George lucas obviously DID want Boba Fett to die, or he would have SHOWN him crawling out of the Sarlacc at the end of RotJ. He didn't, because in his mind he was just killing off another random bad guy. The ONLY reason Boba Fett lives on is because a bunch of fans went psycho over him for unknown reasons and since it doesn't interfere with HIS story, Boba can live on in THEIR stories.

Actually, some EU (New Jedi Order Series and Thrawn Trilogy, Duology and Survivor's Quest) is official. Boba Fett is in the New Jedi Order Series anyway!!

And, who cares?!?! Boba Fett is alive, George Lucas wouldn't have let him be in the New Jedi Order Series otherwise. He approved it and called it true Star Wars!! He lives, I tell you, he does.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

If Lucas meant for him to be alive he'd tell everyone.

think about what you've just said. ive always respected you insanesith and you've cracked me up on several occasions but please get off the crack. hes a busy man, hes not gonna wake up and say "well the fans love boba and hes making me money by being 'alive' so id better go tell everybody hes alive". Boba is a good character and GL has authorized the stories about him so i dont see where you're coming from.

and ET ummm that bit about the multiplicity clones of clones=retarded. aside from being politically incorrect (hah made you think i cared =P) its just silly. just because one sci-fi movie had it doesnt mean its universal.

and .:CoupeS:. what the hell are you talking about? GL DID SO INTEND TO DO EP 7-9. he intended ALOT of stuff that never materialized. i had a copy of an artwork book for SW concepts released by lucasfilms and luke was intended to be a girl. just because GL changed his mind doesnt mean he never intended something different.

why do you think theres always been such discussion of ep7-9? because that was the original plan. and yes i know boba would never have been intended as a part of 7-9 but alot has changed since GL's concepts were first birthed. but yes i agree that boba wasnt intended to survive at the time of ROTJ. but quite obviously he had enough of a following to bring him into the prequels (and completely confuse anybody who ever noticed the different voices of boba fett ep5-6 and jango ep2. ACCENTS ANYONE?) and put him in so many video games.

as for your exploding sarlacc challenge "someone tell me how you can blow something from the inside unsing grenades and not blow yourself to dust by the same occasion ? "

ill answer that as soon as you explain to me how a sarlacc lives for thousands of years in a desert... oh wait... its coming to me.... yes its definitely coming..... ITS BLOODY SCI FI! IT DOESNT HAVE TO MAKE SENSE! there are tons of possibilities. maybe bobas armor was just that damn good to prevent grenades from blowing him up and the sarlaccs belly wasnt reinforced. maybe sarlaccs are actually big pansies and explode if a very small grenade goes off, maybe the sarlaccs belly is a humongous pit that makes olympic swimming pools look like kitchen sinks. WE JUST DONT KNOW.

back to ETwarrior. thanks for posting the link http://starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20021202.html

but i feel i should point out that if you had asked GL at a certain point in history and quoted him it wouldve looked like "yes the main character, the daughter of the vile dark lord is a girl". timing is everything.

as with most things in this world it comes down to money. theres no money in boba being dead, so they brought him back and made alot of people happy.

i know that the EU can contradict itself on occasion (i actually remember reading some terrible EU novel that spoke of obi-wan kenobi having hermitted himself on tattooine 80 years prior to ANH) but the EU is just as much starwars as the movies are. some people dont like the EU, and some people like the EU exclusively claiming that the movies (prequels anyway) suck. i personally like both worlds and follow the EU very closely. im not ashamed to admit that i have over 100 starwars books somewhere around my home.

GL said himself that ep3 will have at least one EU spawned character in it. he didnt say who but im gonna laugh when these "Canon only" people are forced to accept that the EU does count.

thanks for keeping the debate civilized and not turning this into some flame war. i dont think anybodys really gonna change their opinion so suffice it to say "is boba fett alive?" is a personal question.

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

and .:CoupeS:. what the hell are you talking about? GL DID SO INTEND TO DO EP 7-9.

Did not.

(and completely confuse anybody who ever noticed the different voices of boba fett ep5-6 and jango ep2. ACCENTS ANYONE?)

:eyeraise: You do realize that an accent isn't a genetic trait? Right? It's not even necessarily passed from parent to child. I have a friend whose father is Iranian and has a very strong accent, and my friend doesn't have a trace of one.

GL said himself that ep3 will have at least one EU spawned character in it. he didnt say who but im gonna laugh when these "Canon only" people are forced to accept that the EU does count.

No, we aren't. That EU-inspired character will make an appearance, and everything about her that shows up in the movies will become canon. The EU about her is just a story that someone made up that may or may not be correct.

Alright...

first: In the very beginning, when wookies lived on yavin four and were spelled THAT way, no even before that, GL even planned twelve episodes. Later that became nine and ultimatly six. but he had been playing around with the idea for pretty long. Even when ep. 1 was already done, there was still a chance of episodes 7-9.

Just wanted to say that. And about boba... All you've ACTUALLY been doing here is proving that there are two different starwars universes (With and without EU), and that in one of them Boba lives. So there is no truth about it.

Originally posted by Doomgiver

Just wanted to say that. And about boba... All you've ACTUALLY been doing here is proving that there are two different starwars universes (With and without EU), and that in one of them Boba lives. So there is no truth about it.

He's got a point, it's all fiction and the Star Wars universe(s) have so much depth that contradictions and such will occur so the best way to look at it is the way Doomgiver explained above. You either accept EU or you ignore it.

Archived