Home

Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force coming for GBA

txa1265

Looks great....now if only I had or wanted a GBA :(

But what I am really upset about is why the Trilogy DVD set doesn't come with a PS2 demo for Battlefront :mad:.

I guess maybe it's because microsoft payed them....and blah blah blah bastards own it all...

But really, they should look at sales

more people own PS2s (well, mehbeh)

I JUST WANT THE DAMN DEMO!

even though I'll be buying the PC version ;)

Mike, Ive got a "Flight of the Falcon" feelin about this one :p

Im just gonna wait til someone else gets it....

Cap, GBAs are great for long trips man(not drug related) ! I'll be takin mine with me to thai in sep....8 freakin hrs in the plane !

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Mike, Ive got a "Flight of the Falcon" feelin about this one :p

That's my fear. I look at the GBA Star Wars experience, and it has been spotty.

- Jedi Power Battles was pretty mediocre.

- The AotC game was supposed to be really bad, I managed to avoid that ...

- New Droid Army is flawed, but remains one of my favorite GBA games (not top 5, but I really like it)

- I admit to buying Flight of the Falcon. I've not finished it ... but it is crap.

I just hope that *this* time will be better ...

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

They still make GBA games? And people still play them?! Why wasn't I told about this? Who's in charge?

Actually, a recent article talked about the fact that something like 20% of gaming dollars go to GBA games and accessories.

We bought both our boys (6 and 7.5) GBA SP's right before my older son had to go into the hospital for renal surgery in early June. They now have ~8 or 9 games between them and love them. They also have some of mine from my 1989 GameBoy my parents gave me (thought it would be fun for all the airline travel for work I was doing. I have a GBA SP myself with ~15 - 20 games. Fun stuff.

Mike

gbas as still the fastest selling consoles, as far as i'm aware. They have a HUGE installed user base. Everytime i go on a bus or train i see at least a couple of kids with them.

(Mainly playing pokemon as far as i can tell... it must be very addictive)

This one looks like it might actually be good... i like the graphical style, and the problem almost all the other GBA SW games have had is that they have tried to do un-GBA-like things that the gbs wasn't suited to. It is a great handheld for certain types of games, but it's never going to play other types well. You need to play to it's strengths.

There are now video player and mobile accessories for GBAs as well.

(Plus they link up with GCs, they are re-releasing a lot of classic NES/SNES games on them and they are more expensive than GCs too...)

Originally posted by toms

(Mainly playing pokemon as far as i can tell... it must be very addictive)

My parents bought my son Pokemon Sapphire when he was in the hospital, and from what I hear it is very possible to beat at an early age, then keep going back and tweaking your battle systems and strategies, so there is some significant replayability that lasts for many years. Which is nice. I've not seen much of it ... mainly heard it coming from the back seat on the 5 hour drive for our recent vacation ;)

Mike

Archived