Home

I heard a rumor...

Doomie

maybe syfo-dias is dooku, but he just changed his name to dooku cause when obi-wan tells yoda and mace that syfo ordered and army and says he thought he died, yoda and mace give each other a "look", if you know what I mean. and dooku disapperd for a while then came back, that might be within the ten year space since he died, which was also the space between ep I and ep II

but its unlikey cause dooku was yodas padawan but still calls him dooku and obi wan appears to know him so would know, but its star wars, anything could happen

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sifo-Dyas thing has always bugged me. I too wonder why he was so surprised about the attack. One thing I think may have meaning behind it, but I could be digging deaper than I am meant to, is when Dooku says "...you're impossibly outnumbered." Mace says "I don't think so." and Dooku responds with a smirk and says "We'll'' see." Since Dooku knew about the clones and everything, why then would he say something like that? I always wondered if that was foreshadowing the Clone's turn on the Jedi. I thought maybe he was saying the you won this battle, but I win the war sort of thing in saying Jedis woulb be outnumbered by the Clones. I dont see how he couldnt have known about the clones, but its possible he didnt. Just a thing I thought about. I definitely believe there is a Dooku/Sifo-Dyas connection, cant wait to find out what it is.

This one is easy. Dooku knew the clones were there because he spoke with Sidious about the war starting. He said something about "the war starting as planned master." It was always Palatine's plan to play the clones and separatists armies against each other. He acted surprised to the Confederists and Jedi only because it is all part of the Sith's ruse. He has to be ignorant of the clone army to remain hidden. Remember that at this time the Jedi still have no idea that Dooku has turned to the dark side until much later when Yoda fights him. They still see him as a former Jedi that is a political idealist.

If Grievous is Syfo, then he is yet another fallen Jedi that has been used in Palpatines plan to rule the galaxy. If he isn't GG, then he was probably murdered by Palpatine, or Dooku and was impersonated by Dooku (Tyranus) who then placed an order for the clones because (as I have stated earlier) Jango says he never met anyone named Syfo-Dyas, but that he was hired by a man named Tyranus.

I'll look that up for you, Talor...

Anyway, perhaps this is the reason: (Funny how i answer my own question.)

What if Dooku DID pretend to be Sifo-Dyas, and said he ordered the clones in the 'name of the Jedi Council', Then wiped the planet out of the archives to keep it hidden. He was of course so surprised to see that their clones were now being turned against them.

Could that be possible?

EDIT: about Dooku... His Databank Entry is Dooku, Count. Perhaps Count is his first name.

I mean, i've seen weirder names in starwars...

Originally posted by Doomie

EDIT: about Dooku... His Databank Entry is Dooku, Count. Perhaps Count is his first name.

I mean, i've seen weirder names in starwars...

no, count isn't his first name. he's a Count on his home planet

His birthright as the Count of Serenno also afforded him incredible wealth, which he used in his political career as Separatist leader

Originally posted by Doomie

Anyway, perhaps this is the reason: (Funny how i answer my own question.)

What if Dooku DID pretend to be Sifo-Dyas, and said he ordered the clones in the 'name of the Jedi Council', Then wiped the planet out of the archives to keep it hidden. He was of course so surprised to see that their clones were now being turned against them.

Could that be possible?

That was my original theory at first with one exception, Dooku wasn't surprised to see the clones attacking. The clones attacking is exactly what the Sith wanted to happen. The plot to kill Amidalla was just a ploy to get the Jedi involved so that they would "accidentally" find the clones. If they really wanted Amidala dead then why would they use a Bounty Hunter? They are Sith and much better at assassination then any old Bounty Hunter, even Jango Fett. JF was expendable yes, but that is why they used him and Zam, to lure the Jedi to Kamino to "find" the clones to use in the war. Now that the republic had an army the would have to use it and then Palpy could use the clones to create the Empire. He is very crafty that Palpy. Lets break it down.

Palpy is Chancellor. He gets all powers making him dictator of the galaxy. Now he needs an army. The loyalists do not want an army but Palpy needs an army to control the galaxy. He secretly creates one on Kamino and gets the Jedi to think that one of their own has placed an order for them, though they doubt it is a legitimate order, they take the troops anyway because there is now a huge droid army they can't fight. This droid army was also created by Palpy through Dooku and the Separatists. Palpy is playing both sides against the other in order to wipe out the Jedi and rule the Galaxy. Palpy starts the Clone Wars killing allot of Jedi in it, what are left will be killed by his army and little Ani. Who is left to stop him? I know because I read the last chapter. But this topic is about who is General Grievous?

I guess if your royalty or whatever Dooku is, your don't need a first name :D

but good show anyways people, good show

Now hes a random question. Palpy has force powers, and was born on naboo, which is in the Republic ( I think, and hope else this question is crap) so when he was born, surely his midichlorine (?) count was detected and he would have been sent off for jedi training. Did this happen? And just how do you become Sith anyways? I doubt they have a lil recruitment tent somewhere

• 2 weeks later...

Like Neo on the Matrix? Why not, it could happen. If you go to the data bank about the battle Droids it says that they can down load battle information and things like that so why can’t GG download fighting styles and get enough information about sword fighting that would enable him to use a light saber against a Jedi? ever hear of multi tasking?

Originally posted by Nairb Notneb

[...]why can’t GG download fighting styles and get enough information about sword fighting that would enable him to use a light saber against a Jedi? ever hear of multi tasking?

So, you're saying General Grevious is a Mac ? :p

What I am admitting to is that I don't know for sure and that my "gut" is telling me he is exactly what the StarWars.com data bank says; an unknown, non-humanoid life form that is part machine, uses light sabers and blasters as weapons and works for the Confederation. Anything else is mere speculation at this point based on rumor, imagination and my own desires.

This is going to be long so I apologize now. I'm sorry.

That is option number one and what I believe is the most likely. This thread was originally about a rumor that Grievous might be Darth Maul being resurrected Anakin to Darth Vader style in a bionic/cyborg way. My initial thought was that that was impossible based on the fact that George Lucas said in TPM DVD commentary that the reason he had Obi Wan sever Maul in two was so because he knew that people would want Maul to return and that people would concoct ways of that happening, so he cut him to prevent this from happening. GL did not want Maul to return and stated that Maul would never return. Thus I jumped to the conclusion that Maul can not be GG because George said so. Well, that was almost two movies ago and after seeing how Mr. Lucas can change his mind and make slight changes to his movies (even after they have been out for over 20 years and re-released) I have realized that he can change his mind about one characters return in an effort to please the crowd in the last movie ever.

After seeing this link:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2004/08/news20040803.html

And seeing that George had commissioned the concept of a half Maul half battle droid character (obvious from the drawing shown) the idea that Grievous could be Maul is a real possibility. If one were to watch the online video documentary of the making of Grievous, it nowhere states the origins of GG, but of course it doesn't that would give away to much of the movie. George does say there to his concept people to be careful not to recreate Darth Vader, meaning that Grievous and Vader will have many similarities, if not only in the fact that they are both half machine and half life form.

Who is Sifo-Dyas? Is he Grievous? Possibly. It is possible that Maul was SD at one time and that he is yet another fallen Jedi. But why then didn't Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan recognize him while they fought him on Naboo? This might be a stretch. This could be the real explanation of Maul's tattoos, they are a disguise. In AOTC, the Kaminos said that Sifo-Dyas was a leading member of the Jedi Council. If he was then Qui-Gon surely would have recognized his presence right? But at that time the Dark Side was becoming very powerful and the Jedi had no idea that Palpatine was a Sith, or that the clone army existed, or that Dooku had turned to the Dark Side. If Maul was SD, and then turned to the Dark Side as Darth Maul, it would fit Palpatine's later pattern of recruiting wayward Jedi, the likes of Dooku and Anakin. And Just because the Kamino asked if Sifo-Dyas was still a member of the council doesn't mean that he ever was a member of the council, she thought the Jedi had really ordered the clones. Sifo-Dyas' sudden "death" could be explained by his conversion to the Dark Side, and Obi Wan seemed to not have ever really known who he was. If SD was on the council then OW would have known SD.

I think that it is very possible that Darth Maul used to be Sifo Dyas but fell to the Dark side by the influence of Palpatine. Palpatine somehow rescued him with the help of Wat Tambor of the Techno Union and reconstructed him as General Grievous.

The problem that I have with all of this story line is that it is difficult to believe for the average viewer. That's why my gut tells me it probably isn't true. The problem I have with Grievous just being Grievous is seeing a non Force user using light sabers, it just doesn't "feel" right, its wrong and I think that's why we want Grievous to "be" somebody else so badly.

I apologize for the length of this post.

Nairb

Maul certainly isn't Sifo-Dyas. and he isn't Grievous either.

maul had yellow surrounded by red irises and round black pupils. grievous has yellow irises and cat-like oval pupils.

maul had normal humanoid skin, (although it was red). from what you can see from the tissue surrounding grievous's eyes, he has lizard-like scales.

plus if he is darth maul then he would still be a sith, thus breaking the 2 sith rule.

i don't think we'll find out who Grievous was. it will be one of the mysteries of star wars.

Originally posted by Sivy

i don't think we'll find out who Grievous was. it will be one of the mysteries of star wars.

Originally posted by Prime

It will be nice to have some left.

I agree. Thus why my gut tells me Grievous is only Grievous even if I can rationalize it in my head. As for his eyes, the differences can be explained by robotic implants. As for the skin, how much of it is real and not synthetic material used in the healing process or used so that his brain can communicate with his droid body.

If you look at Anakin's skin when Luke takes his mask off in ROTJ, it looks different from the way it looks in AOTC. Time and massive injuries can do strange things to your skin I'm sure.

If I had my druthers I would have Grievous just be Grievous. If Grievous is to have an alter ego then please let it only be Sifo-Dyas and not Darth Maul. Let sleeping dogs lie, even if they are some of the best villains ever.

Archived