Home

I heard a rumor...

Doomie

Some people say that Grievous, since he's a cyborg, is made partially from Maul's remains they dragged out of Naboo's core. THat woudl explain why he's such a skilled Swordsman, right?

Alright, this does sound like somehting supershadow made up but i didn't get it from him k? So just give your opinion...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive heard alot of wacky maul>grievous theories. i think most of them came up due to their similar eye coloration and attitude towards jedi (that and the skill too of course).

but maul never seemed like much of a tactician, just a fighter. grievous is a general, not a high ranking anti-jedi like ventress but an actual general. this means that hes a better strategist then the droids the confederacy has.

i dont think maul has anything to do with grievous (i hope anyways) but i can see why some people would believe it possible. we'll know better in a little while (for ppl going opening night as of right now will wait 308 days 8 hours 28 mins 48 seconds).

interesting idea chase. i hadnt thought of that one yet.

i assumed that dooku made himself look like sifo dyas (wouldnt be too hard if over the holonet, or using the force to alter perceptions in person) for purposes of credibility, or that sifo dyas was coerced into it by palp/dooku and then killed once the job was done so that nobody would know about the cloners on kamino until the right time.

at any rate it likely had something to do with dooku as we know he was working for sidious by then.

but if it IS sifo dyas, why hasnt he done anything leading up to this point? was he mangled resisting dooku and kept alive through machines foreshadowing anakins own transformation?

to me it seems as if dyas is probably dead and not gonna even be mentioned in ep3 but anythings possible with GL (jar jar binks i ask you?).

well, I doubt that he is maul, cause that would contradict the 2 sith rule, I mean 4 sith? too much..

and he cant be sypho dyas, cause theforce.net says that sypho dyas was somewhere in episode 2.

Its a pretty cool idea about maul though, I would like to have him back :) maybe if he didn't tell anyone that he was maul, and wasn't an official sith, but maybe part of some anti jedi movement....... I dunno

the more i think about chase's idea the more i like it. i think it would be very poetic if the jedi found out they were betrayed not once, not twice, not three times, but four times *maybe more* (dooku, palpatine, grievous, anakin).

about all we really know of GG is that hes a male (or at least a male personality because its always referred to as HE) and that he kicks alot of arse.

If George actually decides to do that...

*thinks of the chaos*

Now, I believe Grievous is just a new character all his own, no past links to other characters(sifo dyas or maul). I also believe he will be what makes episode 3 good :xp:. It's like what maul was to episode 1, he will be to episode 3.

the more i think about chase's idea the more i like it. i think it would be very poetic if the jedi found out they were betrayed not once, not twice, not three times, but four times *maybe more* (dooku, palpatine, grievous, anakin).

How much you wanna bet the jedi that dropped out(aka the lost 20) have also betrayed the order. ;)

He is not Darth Maul... GG is part non-humanoid alien and part droid. Maul on the other hand was a humanoid alien so that counts him out.

He was a male Zabrak. And what Doomgiver was saying was they stole his flesh from the pit and remade him. Which would be impossible cause the pit is like... neverending :D

Well, to me it seemed obvious Sifo Dyas will have ALOT more to do with the events that unfold in episode 3. And he might be still alive.(more than likely)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Zabraks are still humanoid though. Geonosians are an example of a non-humanoid species. Something that doesn't share most characteristics with humans, and could never be confused for a human.

Technically speaking, most intellegent bipedal creatures are considered 'humanoid'.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Ooh, i like the Sifo Dyas theory. Where did Grievous come from anyway? Was he jsut there one day? And if he's not Maul or Dyas, then who or what was he before he turned cyborg? I mean, only good fighters or cunning generals would be worth to turn cyborg. And would he have been wounded, or did he have himself turned into a cyborg for all the benefits it'd get him? if he was wounded, only a Jedi could survive wounds like that, since he's almost totally machine now. And he msut've been a jedi before he was encased into his cyborg form, otherwise it'd screw with the only-two-rule...

So yeah, i vote for Dyas too. It's pretty obvious actually.

Originally posted by Doomgiver

Ooh, i like the Sifo Dyas theory. Where did Grievous come from anyway? Was he jsut there one day? And if he's not Maul or Dyas, then who or what was he before he turned cyborg? I mean, only good fighters or cunning generals would be worth to turn cyborg. And would he have been wounded, or did he have himself turned into a cyborg for all the benefits it'd get him? if he was wounded, only a Jedi could survive wounds like that, since he's almost totally machine now. And he msut've been a jedi before he was encased into his cyborg form, otherwise it'd screw with the only-two-rule...

So yeah, i vote for Dyas too. It's pretty obvious actually.

:indif:

I would like to think he was just a person who was a damn good fighter... and not all these crackpot theories of Jedi and whatnot :xp:

Pretty obvious?

>.>

<.<

It's still only a theory...

Originally posted by Doomgiver

Some people say that Grievous, since he's a cyborg, is made partially from Maul's remains they dragged out of Naboo's core.

What, like Robocop?

directive 1: Serve the public trust

directive 2: Uphold the law

directive 3: Kill all the Jedi......

Nooo, more like:

One of those scavenger droids from the podraces is activated in Maul's ship and traces him, then pulls him out of whereever he was. Then he's put back in his vessel and put in a bacta tank (Well, his upper half anyway) and the vessel automatically starts transmitting a secret message to Sidious. Sidious sends someone to retrieve the sith infiltrator, who flies it to Geonosis to have him made a cyborg. At least, that's one of the possibilities. But i'm going with chase's theory now.

Maul was USED

Sidious wouldn't give a damn whether he was alive or not, not now anyway.

I think the theory where Grievous is a whole new character is the one I'm sticking with. It's absurd to think that something like that would happen in the movies.

Stuff like "cyborg recreation from a sith" only happens in fanfiction.

Yeah we stepped away from it and now it's Sifo Dyas. It sounds even crzier but think about it:

1) the only two rule doesn't allow for dooku AND maul to be there. So Grievous must've had former jedi training.

2) We don't know what Race Dyas is. We also don't know What race Grievous' biological side is. So it could be.

3) It would explain why he ordered the clone army.

4) And why Sifo Dyas dissappeared.

If it's not in the movies, I'll be damned if there's not some EU author that explore's this path...

EDIT: ooh, got some more reasons! (Yeah, i said this already but t's nice to have it all together)

5) Only a good Jedi or General would be worth putting in a cyborg shell.

6) There are two possibilities: Either Grievous got himself 'cyborgified' because of all the benefits it's get him, or he was so injured he needed it to survive (Like Vader.) Now, if that's so, only a Jedi could survive injuries serious enough to have to do that...

I could be put into a cyborg shell and made into a general, but I'm not a Jedi.

:indif:

I can also survive alot of injuries to be "cyborgified" as you put it. Jedi's aren't the only people that are strong.:rolleyes:

How do you know HE HAS TO BE A JEDI?

I don't recall bounty hunters that have lightsabers being a jedi.

Sifo Dyas left the order just like Dooku. He was one of the "lost 20."

if people were generally more accepting of the EU i wouldve posted this a while ago. but now will have to do (i expect this idea to be chucked out the window by the masses but i feel it should be said anyways)

if anybody here has read "the cestus deception" you would have been introduced to the JK's (jedi killers. despite their complete inability to kill jedi or anybody for that matter). while it couldnt be one of those lil eels (i expect many of you are lost at this point, so go get the book and read it) it seems like very similar technology.

we know that grievous was around before the cestus incident but we dont know HOW MUCH before so it seems likely to me that the baktoid armor group had something to do with grievous's construction. grievous might even have been the inspiration for the Jk droids (eel/droid security guards).

and as for the "lost 20" thing. im betting that those 20 go back a far way. not as far back as the KOTOR days (obviously because alot more then 20 jedi went over during that time) but that doesnt mean that all 20 of em went over to sidious' side.

I can also survive alot of injuries to be "cyborgified" as you put it. Jedi's aren't the only people that are strong.

Dude, Grievous is about 90 percent droid. Can you figure how very wounded that guy must've been? Worse than Ani at least. Only if you're attuned with the force you can survive stuff like that. The force makes you strong. Especially the Dark side. And besides, have you read the stuff about he only-two-rule? He must've been a jedi before going over to Sidious...

Archived