Home

Darth Sion revealed

Burrie

sion_thumb.jpg

Darth Sion

A twisted wreck, Darth Sion is a Sith Lord held together only by sheer force of will. Every bone in his body has been shattered and rebuilt, turning his skeleton and his flesh into a patchwork mass of bruises and scraping bone. He is in constant pain, and only his hatred and the power of the Dark Side keeps him alive.

... eep.

Here's a link to the character page. Click on his picture on that page to get a full-shot of him.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^^

LOL! :D Yes it did FiEND... actually what I posted before jokingly, went through mine;

"We are the Sith... Lower your shields and surrender your ships, we will add your biological and technological significance to our own... Resistance is futile!"

All this Darth Scion needs is some metal plates and cables on his torso, and a couple of red laser pointers glued to his head, and he'd be good to go! :D

I'd enjoy to see him disintegrate into dust after striking the killing blow...really he seems more of a tortured soul than a person bound together by hate...like someone's put a spell onto him not to disintegrate until he has completed a certain task or something like that.Well I'd love to be the one who'd help him achieve inner peace.OK,that's a whole load of crap.

To be honest, I would love to see an enemy that you just can't beat at the start, and that it's part of the storyline that you are defeated. When you meet the villain again, it would just makes the meeting more scarier, and the victory so much more satisfying.

I had sincerely hoped that with the first meeting with Darth Malak that he would just be too strong, and would beat the player in a one-on-one battle, and then really make all things fall down. I don't know, let Malak chop off the player's leg(arm's been done over and over :p) and *then* let Bastila come to the rescue. Or perhaps even better, have either Jolee or Juhani try to assist Bastila, resulting in Malak killing either of them, or even both, but still capture Bastila nonetheless, while Carth carries your body to the Ebon Hawk. Not only would this really show Malak's power(taking on four Jedi and beating them all), the death of Jolee( and Juhani) would've really added that touch of darkness that I was missing a bit in KotOR.

No, frankly, I would openly support a villain that would defeat the player a couple of times before we take him down, instead of having the villain survive the attack and coming back later(Calo Nord), or utterely defeating a villain and still have him brag about how powerful he is(Darth Malak). Hell, let the villain totally bring us down, drag us down to the darkest place that he/she can... just let us crawl out of said pit, and show the villain that no matter what he does to our characters, they will overcome and beat him.

Completly agree with Burrie. Well said.... umm typed. That would have been interesting, had Malak killed Juhanni & Jolee (dark is always good :)), or beat the hell out of your PC. Would have made Bastila's sacrifice worth something more, rather than an obvious plot turn.

Yea I guess it is something different for Star Wars, but after reflecting upon it I am starting not to like the "look" of Darth Sion, I think the concept of him being held together by hate and the Darkside is a good one in theory, but after thinking about that screenshot it sort of just reminds me of one of those cheesy zombie shooter games at the arcade, all I know is that he better at least fall apart after you beat him, but I would like to see my character lose for a change :D

I also completely agree with Burrie, what he also proposed also feels more like Star Wars and makes a lot more sense, going to fight Malak is not as scary as it should be, he is most literally 'a whelp' of a villain.

I think getting your arse handed to you by a major villain toward the beginning of any RPG game, or PnP RPG campaign, is paramount for adding to the building tension throughout the game that the eventual final confrentation with said villain will bring.

As well as adding to the satisfaction of defeating such a foe.

Plus, not everything can work out all right *every* time. Sometimes, the good guys just have to lose. Is there any scene in Knights of the Old Republic where the party and player actually lose, besides the Bastila-sacrifice?

Not being sadistic but maybe some of the good guy could die.

I com-freaking-pletly agree. Before KotOR , I often wrote quite a few posts on how I was completely certain(and to this very day, I'm still stumped that it didn't happen) that, at least, Jolee Bindo was going to die. Come on, Jedi Master hiding on a faraway planet returning for one last hurrah, potential teacher for the main character... he practically had "I am so going to die" all written over him. Which is also why I expected that he would go down fighting against Malak after the revelation.

And come on, the party went through so much during the game, that it's amazing that all 10 of the party members managed to survive. Heck, when the Ebon Hawk began its entrance towards the Star Forge, I was almost rooting for the Sith to blast the ship down... just let *some* sort of sacrifice happen... yet none came.

However, they've already said that KotOR 2 will be a whole lot darker. Maybe I'll get my wish just yet.

Oh, wait... there *was* a party member who died. Trask. Well, he doesn't count :p

Yea that would have made the story a whole lot more realistic if Jolee Bindo were to die if you think about it he was sort of like Obi-Wan an old hermit whom teaches the PC about the force etc. etc. like Burrie said, it would have been more realistic in a Star Wars sense if he had died. But I do miss Trask :D :D :D

I see you all were thinking along the same lines as me, the first time I was hauled in by the Leviathan I thought "I'm going to meet Malak, and Jolee is going to go bye bye!" that is why I chose him to break everyone out the first time, hoping for that Star Wars'y confrentation, and to my dismay what proceeded to happen on the Leviathan happened.

Originally posted by Burrie

And come on, the party went through so much during the game, that it's amazing that all 10 of the party members managed to survive.

Not to mention the fact that you had to be the one to kill Jolee and Juhani, as well as Mission and Zzalbar, Carth and or Bastila, when the developers could easily have had plots for the NPC's to follow, in certain cases.

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

He will either kneel before me or be destroyed by my laser sword. Either way it doesn't matter. :dev11:

I agree, though if he did kneel I would eventually replace him with a much cooler apprentice! :D

Archived