Home

JTL and Jedi Rewamp above all else!!!

Jan Gaarni

WTF is this Fanta thing Jan? I have no clue what's going on and what you guys are talking about.

[Edit] Ok, I see what this is all about now. I'm indifferent, cause like I've said, the reason I started playing was to fly around in space.

[Edit2] Actually I'm happy to tell the truth :D. I didn't ask for a Combat or GCW revamp. Hell, I don't even know what they're supposed to do :p.

*daydreams about his Medium Hutt fighter*

LOL, where are all the old guys from the old forums before the game around here? :D :D :D

They would have recognised the Fanta Sucata thingy. :p

Anyway, they have pushed back the GCW and the Combat Rewamps till after JTL comes out. :rolleyes:

Appearantly, Jedi is more important than the actual game. :rolleyes:

I've heard that thousands have cancelled their accounts (some multiple accounts) during the first 24 hours due to this course of action. Judging by the many, many, maaany posts that has claimed this over the entire Official Forums (Dev forums to Server forums) I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be very accurate.

i know a few who canceled their accounts, cant blame them...i quote TH's "great expectations quote"

jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi = money money money money money money money money money

You guys seriously think about Jedi too much.

Are they in game? - Yes

Should they be? - No

Can you do anything about it? - No

Conclusion - forget about it. No offense, but the people bitching about Jedi are more annoying than the Jedi themselves. It's not like they're making you go hold hands with them, sing songs, and clap for them when they use their lightsabers.

If you hate the game so much just leave and shut up. All your bitching is doing is making me not like you.

jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi = money money money money money money money money money

The purpose of an MMORPG is to make money. You think game companies make MMOs for people to have fun? LOL!!! The only reason they make things fun is to get more subscribers. You think the upkeep on the servers and the money they pay their devs comes close to $90,000,000? (500k subscribers give or take x $15/m give or take)

Conclusion - MMOs aren't made for players, they're made for companies to get rich. I accepted this a long time ago, and I'm fine with it. If you don't like giving them your money, then stop.

I absolutely agree with Grask... well what he said about Jedi.. No offense but Jordan and Gesro... all you do is complain by saying how "They arent in the timeline!"... Thats all Im really gonna say... I dont feel like repeating the same thing over and over again.

.... i dont agree entirely with you 2.

jedi maybe is money... ok lets baance it...

how many jedi are there...??

how many people that dont have the stupid devine powers of the idiotic jedi??? and have to rely on combat by normal stuff???

i hope that enlightens the case. there are more people in need of that combat revamp then the god annoying frikken jedi....

god i think i better install other games now.

Wraith 8

Originally posted by Wraith 8

... how many jedi are there...??

how many people that dont have the stupid devine powers of the idiotic jedi??? and have to rely on combat by normal stuff??? ...

Yeah but how many people are trying to become Jedi? The first part of the revamp was to kill Hologrinding because it was ruining the game. I wouldn't say combat is ruining the game right now Maybe I'm wrong; I haven't seen any problems with it yet though (in PvE).

Also - to avoid getting into a bad argument I'm not going to post on this subject anymore. Since I'm not trying to change people's point of views there's not really a point.

1) I have no problem with Jedi, just the people who complain about them.

2) I have no problem with combat; it's always worked fine for me (in PvE).

2a) I think all they're going to do in the revamp is change things proportionately, so it will be the exact same. PvP will change a lot though.

2b) That's why I don't care about the Combat Revamp, because I don’t care about PvP.

Push the off switch on the Hologrind system, problem solved. :)

They had already promissed it would be hard. If they saw that the way to become forcesensetive with the holocrons didn't work to keep the Jedi numbers low, then that would have been the solution. They would not have gone back on their words that way as it has always been stated that Jedi will be few and far between. :)

But the Devs lack the balls to do it, and you're right, there's nothing we can do about it so no point in getting worked up over it. :)

your absolutely right grask, me and gesro should stop our whining. its hard to do that when its SUCH a bad thing. I, like pretty much EVERYONE else, came to galaxies living the one dream all of us wanted to live the second we saw the last clip to ANH at whatever time we saw it, we wanted to LIVE that life. its just how we feel, which cannot be silenced in everyway. your also right, we just need to ignore it..

Originally posted by Jo

your absolutely right grask, me and gesro should stop our whining. its hard to do that when its SUCH a bad thing. I, like pretty much EVERYONE else, came to galaxies living the one dream all of us wanted to live the second we saw the last clip to ANH at whatever time we saw it, we wanted to LIVE that life. its just how we feel, which cannot be silenced in everyway. your also right, we just need to ignore it..

hard to ignore it sometimes though, when i see 10 Jedi walk by me in 5 minutes, i fell like i'm in the Old Republic, we can't do anything about it but that doesn't meen we can't complain, we just can't do it all the time lol

sorry but i dont agree.

1st. the combat system right now sucks ASSSSS.

the only eway to be "invincable" is either a rifleman doc combo or melee melee melee. thats SO unfair. i would there even be a pistoleer or a caribaneer in game if those others are the only good solutions. better kick em out game then.

2nd. im paying for this game. paying to play it like they promissed from day 1. what did they promiss. yes there would be jedi... but it would be UBER hard. (zen and me saw a jedi take on 35 stomrtroopers. and he didnt have to heal himself ONCE) and IMPOSSIBLE to get. (like gesro said... 10 jedi in 5 minutes walk past you) well yeah they were right /endsarcasm. so 15$ a month says im allowed to complain. sorry but i think i have that right.

3rd. im not saying that i cant stand my own at al. but i ocasionally enjoy a little PvP. but im probnably to frikken stuborn to change to melee because i feel it shouldnt have to be like that.

a guy on the forums has been digging down in the archives. and they promissed.... that they would fix the combat system in january..... JANUARY!!!

i salute all the players quitting. they are less hooked on this game then me. i have a succesfull shop that i dont want to give up. i have a GREAT group of friends i dont want to abandon. i have a lovely wife i cant just leave. but man.... im SO disapointed.....

Wraith 8

... (zen and me saw a jedi take on 35 stomrtroopers. and he didnt have to heal himself ONCE) ...

I used to be able to do that with my Fencer. I'd go to the Imp Outpost on Talus, attack one, get them all after me and then go stand in a building so they were in spin attack range. I'd get 500 faction in like 30 seconds.

*has been waiting for the Smuggler Revamp since August :p*

see, we have all had our fare share of disappointments. I was at a PvP tourney this last sunday, after i lost terribly, i dropped novice commando and all my pre reqs to BH, now i am takin up fencer with pistoleer, JUST so i can stand a chance against things..

i can say with certainty, unless the devs get thier priorities straight, im going to cancel/sell this account when MEO(Middle Earth Online) comes out..Greatest upside to that game, NO SOE

the only time i'm upset about bot being uber in PvP is when i am ambushed by Rebels, any other time i don't care, i prefere PvE and group hunting, i do the professions i feel like doing and i don't are if i get my ass handed to me in PvP. No all professions should be equal, but they should be similar, the 2 combat professions that hit hardest should be Bounty Hunter and Commando because they require the most.

It should be something like this:

Pistoleer- REALLY fast, low damage

Carbineer- medium speed, medium damage

Rifleman- REALLY slow, great damage

TKA- REALLY fast, low damage(come on you're using your fists)

Fencer- good speed, medium damage

Swordsman- medium speed, good damage

Pikeman- REALLY slow, great damage

Originally posted by -=miniSITH=-

*looks for that really old post with all the fanta sokata movies*

You're going to be looking a really long time then, Keldor. :)

The forums from that time has been gone since the game went live. :D

And it wasn't around here, it was the old Official Forums. ;)

interview with haden blackman:

GI: What kind of message would you give to John Q. Gamer who has been playing the game since launch, sitting around as a Smuggler and looking forward to the combat revamp that’s going to increase the scope of his class? What sort of message would you give him to still stick with the game now that it’s up in the air when that sort of feature, which will enhance his experience, is going to be released?

Blackman: First I’d apologize that we were misleading at all, if that was the case, or if he was misled and had expectations for a Smuggler revamp. In terms of the Smuggler specifically, it’s something that’s definitely high on our list of priorities along with a handful of other professions.

I think that he has to realize that we have a lot of things that we’re trying to do all at once and for us we have to make very, very difficult calls to prioritize all the features and updates that we want to do and that he definitely has not been forgotten, but to also hopefully enjoy all the things that we’re working on.

I think again that the new Jedi path is incredibly exciting and does not exclude anybody. JTLS is going to add a whole new level of gameplay and it’s going to allow players to explore the game in kind of new ways and complete the Star Wars Galaxies experience.

So I would tell him to definitely be excited about that and if he’s a Smuggler and has always dreamed of having his YT-1300 transport he’s going to have his opportunity to sort of recreate that whole Han Solo persona.

I think that there are a lot of really great reasons to stick with Star Wars Galaxies and I just mentioned a few. I think that when we do roll out the combat revamp and the GCW revamp, they’re going to be very exciting and hopefully will change the face of the game in a lot of new and interesting ways.

I’m really excited about the direction we’re headed in and the reassurance that I would give is that us taking the time to do things right isn’t a bad thing. Taking the time to get the community feedback, getting the community involved and making sure that we thoroughly test everything and that we understand the ramifications of the changes that we’re implementing is all a good thing.

Do we wish we could do all those things faster? Definitely, that’s something that I think every developer wishes they could do. Unfortunately we don’t have a team of 300 and we’re trying to do what we can with the team size that we do have. I would hope that a lot of players would see this as a positive that we’re not rushing out or putting out revamps that could potentially change the game in ways that they’re not happy with.

If we’re going to change the game dramatically we want to do it ways that they’re happy with..

....... LIAR .......

how can anyone who is not a jedi ENJOY jedi...

the day they focus 100% on Jedi i will quit the game, it's not that bad yet, although they still put alot of focus on them and even then they messed it up bad. Who had the idea to make Jedi get more XP by killing regular people and intefering with the GCW:rolleyes:

Archived