Home

What species is yoda?

Global Strike

Originally posted by Doomie

he called people stupid for not accepting this theory. Always a bad idea...

I know the guys who posted that, and they said that none of them posted the thing where they called everyone stupid. Maybe someone hacked the account, but why? Definitely a head scratcher...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ow, the old account hacker, that's always a bad excuse. Mods can trace that very easily anyway, so...

But anyway, Yoda just has his own species.

I mean, even IF he was a Wookiee, and Yaddle too, wouldn't it make sense that a lot of other Jedi Masters would look like crap?

none of the other jedi masters are hundreds of years old though.

but i don't think he used to be a wookiee. but its interesting to think what yoda might have looked like 700 years ago.

going on yaddle (who is about 500 years old) this is what i think yoda looked like when he was that age.

yoda aged 500

yoda500.jpg

:D

he certainly would have had hair. although it would probably be receding and starting to go grey. he wouldn’t be as wrinkled either and, going on what he looked like in ep I, he would be thinner in the face.

Ow, the old account hacker, that's always a bad excuse. Mods can trace that very easily anyway, so...

I asked everyone involved (and they all thought it was one of the others), and none of them admitted to it, so either my friends are lying (with no clear motivation to do so), or there is some other explaination as to how that got there. If you have a better theory, by all means lets hear it, but if you dont, by all means lets just drop this part, as it adds nothing to the discussion of his species.

furthermore, if you will notice obi-wans death, how when he is struck down, his body disappears, including his hair. Now, when yoda dies, he disappears, and so does is coat like device. Thus, it is probable to assume his coat was part of him, his hair to be exact. Also, you will notice that through th movies, yoda loses hair all over his body at an alarming rate, leading us to believe he had an enormous amount of hair at one point, thus he is aWOOKIEE

whether or not u agree that yoda is a wookiee (he is btw), u have to admitt it is no worse a theory than the riverfolk thing.

I hope you're joking, the riverfolk thing was a joke, but i'll eat my underwear if you ever find proof (!) that Yoda is a Wookiee.

And about the dieing and becoming one with the force thing: Obi-wans cloak didn't appear, but his other clothes did. Yoda wasn't wearing a cloak, çause he was lying in bed, so he disappeared, wiith his clothes.

Now that entire Wookiee theory can make sense to you, but to me it doesn't. and jsut saying 'It is.' isn't going to change that. In fact, that made me rather pissed. Your opinion isn't valued more than ours.

And Yoda's clothes are obviously not made of Wookiee fur. And perhaps he started to loose his hair just before Episode one. and perhaps he didn't use some wierd EU force power. Yoda is just from a normal species. I mean, Wookiee? Come on!

and if the light side disfigures people, why would it only happen to Wookiees? I mean. all the other Jedi Masters look normal for their own species.

first give me some proof before you say that you're right.

doomie, you're doing that thing again when you take things too seriously.

the wookiee theory, is just a theory. and not a altogether serious theory at that.

you can disagree with it all you want, as many here have (including me). but you don't need to let it get to you so much, ok :)

I know Sivy, I'll edit my sig again. But i always make it sound more serious than i am, though.

I'm going to pick apart the theory and see who's right.

The problem in searching for Yoda’s species is that we have all been going about it the wrong way. We have been trying to find more creatures that look like Yoda, and we have been waiting for George Lucas to reveal the information.

that's the RIGHT way. as long as GL didn't approve it, your theory is FANFICTION.

Despite popular belief, it is possible for the light side of the force to mutilate a person’s body, same as the dark side did to Palpatine. The instant reaction is to try to reject this theory, on the grounds that the light side of the force is all about preserving life. However, the effects of the force on the force-user are a sacrifice made by the Jedi in order to allow them to use the force to help others, to utilize the light side. We can site evidence where this is shown. A classic example is in the expanded universe book Star by Star by Troy Denning. It describes a scene where a seventeen-year-old Anakin Solo is part of a Jedi strike team on a Yuuzhan Vong worldship. He is badly wounded and endangering the rest of the strike team. Also, he needs to buy them time so they can get away. In order to protect his friends, siblings, and fellow Jedi; he draws in as much of the light side of the force into his body as he possibly can. Then, on page 477, it reads, “His aura flickered wildly as his cells began to burn and burst.” The light side of the force was killing him. Eventually, however, he helps the strike team, stops a conflict threatening to make the mission to save hundreds of Jedi a failure, and becomes one with the force. These are all light side behaviors, and there are no grounds for a claim that he turned to the dark side.

There's no proof that the light side deforms you. plus, this is EU. GL can discard it if he wants.

He was just an apprentice, however, and Yoda was one of the greatest Jedi masters of all times. That is why, instead of killing him, it only mutilated him.

How DO you survive all your cells burning and bursting?

Another example is Anakin Skywalker. It is said that in episode 3, Anakin falls into a volcano, which is what requires him to have all the metal components. However, we cannot be sure that all of the components where added. He falls in, has to use massive amounts of light side energy to preserve his life, and manages to survive.

Wasn't Anakin a darksider by that time?

plus, it is well known that the dark side, and the emotions that accompany it, can help you overcome great injuries. Though that is also EU, it is more widely accepted, and probably the reason Ani survived that.

He seems to be at least 60 or 70 in A New Hope. Yet, he is only 50.

That's just a msitake. Ben (Obi-wan)'s age hedn't been confirmed by the time the movie was made, so they cast Sir Alec Guinness. i fhtye needed someone of specific age, i'm sure they'd have hired someone lse. plus, it IS possible for people to look older or younger than they really are.

There is also evidence that Yoda himself was mutilated as well. Yoda once said, “How you get so big eating food of this kind?” Yoda knows that he is only 18 inches tall, and that Luke is 60 something inches tall. He also knows that they prefer different food. Therefore, different food should imply that Luke would most likely be much larger. That is, unless he once grew big eating food of his kind.

It only implies that Yoda expects Luke to have very healthy food, that made Luke grow so tall. It doesn't say anywhere that Yoda was once bigger himself as well. And, even then, old people grow smaller.

Wookiees are one of the species that are taller than humans. More evidence that supports that Yoda is being mutilated, is how he changes over the episodes. The odds are he would not change that quickly under natural circumstances, especially considering that he was over 800 in Phantom Menace.

Again, just some mistakes. I mean, bloopers, cameos and the likes aren't considered canon, so this mistake isn't either. We all know it's the same Yoda.

One thing we can look at to see how Yoda once was is his hair. His hair gives us enormous insight into how he once looked. We can see between each episode that he is losing hair at an alarming rate. If we trace this backwards, we can discover that he must have had a lot of hair to start off with. Also, his hair gets lighter and lighter each episode, so he must have started with a lot of dark hair.

Like i said, perhaps he started losing hair just before Episode one?

Another piece of evidence that pertains to his hair, involves the scene where he dies. When Obi-Wan dies, we see his robe fall to the floor. Yet when Yoda dies, his clothes disappear with him. The only way this is really possible, is if his clothes where actually a part of his body. Our theory is that when he was being mutilated, his fur fused together, separated from his body, and formed his clothes. Thus making his “clothes” actually a part of his body.
I also commented on this already.

Another thing we can look at to see what species Yoda is how he talks. When discussing his speech, we have to keep in mind that Yoda’s vocal cords have also been mutilated. This is what enables him to speak Basic. However, he obviously does not use the normal syntax. It is most likely that is from a different language. Shyriiwook is a very real possibility. The languages are so different that most species cannot speak Shyriiwook, and most, if not all, of those who can, can’t speak basic. Therefore, changing vocal cords would force him to change languages.
If the rest would've fit in, i might give you this one...

I’m sure you have noticed the odd humming sound that Yoda makes. This is also remnant of the Shyriiwook language. He is trying to make the Wookiee sounds, but is failing due to the mutilated vocal cords. In another instance, we hear him growl at Dooku, very similar to a Wookiee growl.

Or he jsut says 'hm'? And the growl at Dooku, well, he was leaping into battle. It was his battlecry maybe.

If you notice two very different scenes, and then think about, you kind find an interesting relationship between them. One of these scenes is when Chewie growls at a mouse droid and scares it away. This demonstrates Wookiee intimidation, which is also scene elsewhere in the films. The other scene includes one of the most chilling quotes in all Star Wars. After Luke discovers that the little green alien is a Jedi master, he tells him that he is not afraid. Yoda responds in a dark voice, “You will be, you will be.” This is also very intimidating.

Chewie is intimidating by his size, appearance and strength. Yoda is intimidating by his knowledge and wisdom. Two totally different things.

Yoda even acts like a Wookiee. We often see both Chewbacca and Yoda making fun of people. Chewbacca laughs at Han when Leia calls him a scruffy looking nerf herder, and Yoda seems to mock Luke’s progress in his training.

Oh, yes, Humans never mock people, and wookiees always do. Totally a valid point...

Another interesting aspect of his behavior is in his fight with Dooku. It seems that if he pressed the attack low, that it would be difficult to block, yet Yoda is always trying to find the high ground. Possibly because he is accustomed to being taller and attacking from above?

Perhaps he developed this fighting style in another way. perhaps he figured out that epopel don't expect 'short stuff' to attack from above.

The Wookiee theory is also supported by where Yoda chose to hide. He chose a place that was dark, secluded, had lots of trees to climb on (though he is not the climber he once was due to the mutations), and very full of life. This is very similar to Kashyyyk. The main difference is that Kashyyyk is a very civilized world with a lot of technology. However, Yoda could not pick such a planet, because a civilized world would have people, and he was hiding out.

There were two theories regarding this already: Yoda chose it becuase of the cave nearby, wich hid his presence with it's dark side Aura, or he jsut hid there because the great amount of creatures made it harder for Vader to sense him.

The reason why Obi-Wan was able to hide out on Tatooine, is because he looks just like any other human. Yoda, however, had no one else who looked like him because the rest of his species where Wookiees.

Yaddle looks like him. Is she a Wookiee too?

Chewie had his kid at the age of about 200. The average human has a kid from around 20-30. This projects to the average Wookiee lifespan as being about 600-800. However, that is based on the human lifespan of 80. Some people live to be older than that, 90+; therefore, an age of 900 can be easily rationalized, if you accept that Yoda was an old man. He seems to die by disease brought on by old age, so the claim is legitimate. With this evidence, there seems to be a powerful claim that Yoda is in fact a heavily mutated Wookiee.

It was already said that Wookiees live 300 years. Not even with the help of the force can you live that long. Unless your own species lives that long.

There, I only found one valid point. You'll have to come up wiht some more proof than that.

Wasn't Anakin a darksider by that time?

i think you're right about that. we'll have to wait until we see ep III to be sure, but i think by the time obi-wan and anakin have their duel anakin has already turned to the darkside.

plus, it is well known that the dark side, and the emotions that accompany it, can help you overcome great injuries. Though that is also EU, it is more widely accepted, and probably the reason Ani survived that.

yes, in kotor II there's a character, darth sion who is just keep alive by the darkside.

again this is considered EU, but i think thats how anakin's survival will be explained.

Alright. Yoda discussion.

First: Why can't Yoda simply be another species?

second: you guys are gonna hev to come up with a WHOLe lot more proof than that if you're going ot convince die-hard fans...

First: because then we wouldn't be able to have this discussion, jk, we don't know for sure(although he is truly a wookiee), that is the point of this thread

Second: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89838

that link takes you to an old yoda thread, should give you all the info you need

If you have been paying any attention, you'll notice that not only have i read that theory, but i have alos picked it apart and proven every single part of it wrong. And it doesn't give me all the info i need.

we don't know for sure(although he is truly a wookiee)

How can you contradict yourself more?

Plus, as i said, there's no real proof that he is a Wookiee.

And you should still say 'I think he's a Wookiee.' Not 'He's a wookiee.'

I mean, i could say, 'Hey, did you know? Chewie is actually of Yoda's species, only mutated!'

'But...'

'No, he just is!'

That looks kinda stupid.

Archived