Home

What species is yoda?

Global Strike

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by PanzerTekk

i'm sure its somewhere in the EU.....check the west end games RPG..sure its gotta be there somewhere.

IF it's in ANY EU story, it's in one that isn't sanctioned by George Lucas. His species is officially unknown, and if it isn't revealed in episode III, we may never know.

Gollum:

Speaks strange (We does not, no we does not, precious!)

Is short (About 2'6")

Is grey (GR-ey)

Lives isolated (Misty Mountains)

Hates impatient people (Hobbitses)

Yoda:

Speaks Strange (Strange, I do not speak)

Is short (About 2'4")

Is green (GR-een)

Lives Isolated (Dagobah)

Hates impatient People (Skywalkerses)

since there is another one (except pink) beside him at the end of Episode 1...you'd think someone would know....

or are they just that old...that they forget what species they are heh.

And actually....Eu material is sanctioned....tis just that lucas can change everything at will if he wants too.

Actually the pink guy ( :evanpiel: ) is not the same species as Yoda... but Yaddle is, she can also be seen in Ep1. She pretty much looks like him but she has a little red ribbon on her head... or is this Miss Pac-Man ??? Seriously, no one knows, GL doesn't even have a clue... don't expect to know after ep3 either.

And read more carefully PanzerTekk, ET said that if it was in any EU story... this particular story was not sanctionned by GL... Not that EU has any real value when it come to official info, but let's not start this debate here... :p

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

And read more carefully PanzerTekk, ET said that if it was in any EU story... this particular story was not sanctionned by GL... Not that EU has any real value when it come to official info, but let's not start this debate here... :p

Whew, I was going to correct that myself, but you already took care of it :D

• 4 weeks later...

i have a theory… smeagol was mutated into gollum by long exposure to the ring, well its possible that the same happened to yoda, only by the force.

Yoda is 900 years old, yet see the difference in his appearance in just 35 years (the time span of ep I to VI)

yoda in Ep I

yoda.gif

yoda in Ep VI

Yoda.JPG

so he doesn't age slowly, which begs the question...

so what did he look like 800 years ago?

it is possible that, like smeagol , he started life as a totally different creature but mutated into what we know as yoda.

That's a nice theory...

And Evil Dark Jedi, that's EU. In the EU, a Sith died near that cave lLuke was sent in to, and his dark side aura went on into the tree that grows there or something, and that would hide Yoda's presence. But i believe GL said that the huge amount of creatures made it hard for Vader or Sidious to sense him.

It was either GL or SS, so either Canon or Crap...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ClonemanS

Hum...mysterious this is. Try and find out I will.

You can't find out, this has been discussed already ;)

George Lucas is the only person who knows (If he plans on giving him a species name atall) and he hasn't told ANYONE. Anything you find out is merely speculation and rumors.

Originally posted by Revlt Coranier

My friend thinks his species was native to Coruscant a long time ago. I don't know what to believe

ah, the good old "my friend said"....... yeah, my mum said that yoda is a columbian drug lord :p Both your friend, and my mum, obviously dont know sh*t :p

go to sw.com, its as official as you'll get. Yoda's species amd original homeworld is listed as unknown, always has been, in any source, including that WE games shyte :D

Yaddle was a female of Yoda's species, she died between ep 1 and 2(this is described in the Jedi Apprentice books actually) ; This is also why she isnt in ep2, for all you EU naysayers(looks at ET) :p

Gork and Pik from JKI also seem to be from the same species, but obviously alot of creative license had been used in creating those characters, especially the larger one... :)

From a different perpective, alot of SW 'historians' (ppl who are familiar with the various story and script drafts GL was concoting way back in the early 70s), put forward the argument that Yoda's species may have been described as a 'Whill' but, this idea didnt survive the final drafts of the OT stories/scripts....

mtfbwya

Archived