Home

What species is yoda?

Global Strike

Gorc and Pic from the unknown species? That would be weird... I mean, Yoda and Yaddle looked almost exactly alike, even their names were almost the same...

Then compare them to Gorc and Pic... Maybe it's the Dark Side infuence... I mean, look what it did to Palpy...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, Yaddle was cool, if they really developed her charcter, thatd be cool, but it's just a waste now. and gork and pic arent the same as yoda. yoda was more stocky, while pic (or whatever the little one was) was more stringy and thin-like. and he was grey.

Originally posted by Darth Dex

In KotOR there's Master Vandar who's the same as Yoda, Yoda must have stole his ring.

Interesting that they didn't share speech patterns. I wonder why Yoda spoke the way he did, but Master Vandar speaks normally:confused:

Originally posted by Achilles

Interesting that they didn't share speech patterns. I wonder why Yoda spoke the way he did, but Master Vandar speaks normally:confused:

Possibly Vandar was younger than Yoda and the mixed up speach patterns are a sign of older age! :D

Originally posted by Achilles

yeah, I noticed that. iI just think they couldnt be bothered finding someone to do all that voiceacting and pull it off well....a geeky EU answer could also be that yoda was from a different part of the planet and thus different speaking patterns, as we have here with our many different languages and modes of expression...

mtfbwya

Or an even geekier answer could be that the unknown species had more contact with the Republic back in those days, so they all learned Galactic Basic because of that. Thoguh it's strange that Yoda still hasn't picked it up after 800 years...

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

yeah, I noticed that. iI just think they couldnt be bothered finding someone to do all that voiceacting and pull it off well....a geeky EU answer could also be that yoda was from a different part of the planet and thus different speaking patterns, as we have here with our many different languages and modes of expression...

mtfbwya

That makes as much sense as anything else, I suppose :D

• 3 weeks later...
My friend thinks his species was native to Coruscant a long time ago.

I once read that Coruscant was the human homeworld. However, according to the SW databank, that's false.

There is a theory that abounds on the Internet that Yoda is a Whill (as in Journal of the Whills). Of course there is no true definition (That I know of) for what the heck a Whill is. Is a Whill a species, or is it an organization?

To be honest, I think we will NEVER find out. It's not Geoge Lucas' style. When has he ever given us what we wanted? We didn't like it when Qui Gon was killed. But he was. We didn't like it when Maul was killed. There were rumors of a clone of Maul to appear in AOTC. We all want to see Jar Jar Binks die a horrible, wonderfully gruesome death, and then condemned to the eternal abyss. But he won't.

We rooted for Luke and Leia to hook up. GL made them Bro and Sis. We wanted to see Boba Fett open up a big ol' PHAT can of whoop@$$. Instead he gets beaten like a little nancy-boy by a blind man and swallowed by the Sarlacc. (Yes I know the EU revives him, but come on, by know we know GL's style.)

What makes any of us think GL is going to give Yoda's species a name? It's the little carrot and we are the donkeys.

• 4 weeks later...

"unknown " doesn't mean no specie. If George Lucas doesn't want to tell us, let's find out.

When looking at Gollum's pic and Yoda's pic side by side, I think it is fair to assume that they must have a common gene pool:

the pic posted by siv:

Yoda.JPG

Gollum's pic:

gollum.jpg

Well, it's easy to look at things that are the same between Yoda and Gollum, but look at the differences: Yoda's smaller, greener, has pointy ears, and i'm pretty sure that's how his species look, while Gollum was formed by the wretched magic of the Ring.

But if we are going with this theory, Yoda must've been the love-child of a Hobbit and an Elf that were living near a nuclear power plant...

Originally posted by Vagabond

I must be having a strange dream - it almost looks as if people are seriously discussing the possibility that two fictional characters from two separate movies share a genetic lineage :rolleyes:

Things that make you go, "Hmmmm".

Indeed I was very serious about it :p ... and I came to this theory after having made an exhaustive research among non fictional characters to finally conclude that it was absolutely impossible that they could share the same gene pool :rolleyes:

Maybe. All i know is that 'Whill' used to be yoda's name in the rough draft (or whatever that's called) and that it has appeared in some EU stuff. That's how some people believe Yoda's species is called 'Whill.' I personally go by this theory for the lack of a better term.

My understanding is that in earlier versions of the story, the Whills were a species that observed the events of the galaxy, and recorded them in a book called the Journal of the Whills. So they were the ones telling the story, so Yoda would not fit in with that.

As far as Yoda's name in earlier drafts of the story, he was called Minch Yoda, and most of the characters referred to him as Minch.

And as far as what species he is, he's a Wookiee. (Seriously, read the link in my other post in here, it all makes sense.)

I didn't see the link, but Yoda is not a wookiee. If you don't know what a wookiee is, then i suggest you go look it up somewhere, cause this is base starwars knowledge.

EDIT: oh, i found the link, but i stand by my statement. Though i take back that you don't know what a wookiee is.

Only, Wookiee's can't speak Basic. Yoda sort of can.

Another EDIT: now that i read all that, i seriously don't believe in all of that. plus, he called people stupid for not accepting this theory. Always a bad idea...

I mean, come on, Yoda a Wookiee? What about Yaddle? and his voice, and his appearance?

And how could he survive all his molecules exploding (wich was what happened to him, i believe that guy said) even if you're a Jedi master?

Archived