Home

Damn you Bungie!

Doomie

I don't know if there's already a thread about it, and i'm probably not the first to have read this, but okay. I have recently aquired Halo for pc, and that has gotten me interested in Halo 2. So i went over to Bungie.net, read a lot of cool stuff, including: 'Halo 2 is currently only being developed for Xbox.' That's so mean! When the first Halo came out, they had a hard time deciding wether or not to develop a pc version, and eventually they did, buying them more money. And now they're not gonna give us the sequel...

... This is one of microsofts filthy tricks to get people to buy those damn Xboxes right?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if there's already a thread about it, and i'm probably not the first to have read this, but okay. I have recently aquired Halo for pc, and that has gotten me interested in Halo 2. So i went over to Bungie.net, read a lot of cool stuff, including: 'Halo 2 is currently only being developed for Xbox.' That's so mean! When the first Halo came out, they had a hard time deciding wether or not to develop a pc version, and eventually they did, buying them more money. And now they're not gonna give us the sequel...

... This is one of microsofts filthy tricks to get people to buy those damn Xboxes right?

Originally posted by Doomgiver

When the first Halo came out, they had a hard time deciding wether or not to develop a pc version, and eventually they did

Look at it this way - Bungie was, at one time, basically a Mac game shop. They made some great games - the Marathon series are absolutely classics in the shooter genre.

Originally Halo was being developed by Bungie as a Mac game, then Microsoft bought them out, and things went into limbo, then the XBox development came, and Halo became a XBox launch title. And the Mac was the *last* platform to get what was supposed to be there *first*.

As I mentioned elsewhere, recent reports show that the PC games market is shrinking while the rest of the games market expands, meaning that the PC will get more and more marginalized. It is an easy and common thing here at LFN to laugh at the Mac and Mac gamers, but beware ... console gamers are doing the same thing to PC gamers more and more often ...

Mike

When the first Halo came out, they had a hard time deciding wether or not to develop a pc version, and eventually they did

Look at it this way - Bungie was, at one time, basically a Mac game shop. They made some great games - the Marathon series are absolutely classics in the shooter genre.

Originally Halo was being developed by Bungie as a Mac game, then Microsoft bought them out, and things went into limbo, then the XBox development came, and Halo became a XBox launch title. And the Mac was the *last* platform to get what was supposed to be there *first*.

As I mentioned elsewhere, recent reports show that the PC games market is shrinking while the rest of the games market expands, meaning that the PC will get more and more marginalized. It is an easy and common thing here at LFN to laugh at the Mac and Mac gamers, but beware ... console gamers are doing the same thing to PC gamers more and more often ...

Mike

I know, and it makes me sad... :( <- see? It's just unfair. There's no logic in it...

EDIT: I mean, look at shooters, and RTS games. And flight sims and such. And look how hard they are to play with controllers like the Xbox's. I am NOT going to buy a console just because they stop making games for pc. I'm going to boycot them! Who's with me?

I know, and it makes me sad... :( <- see? It's just unfair. There's no logic in it...

EDIT: I mean, look at shooters, and RTS games. And flight sims and such. And look how hard they are to play with controllers like the Xbox's. I am NOT going to buy a console just because they stop making games for pc. I'm going to boycot them! Who's with me?

If you've ever played Crimson skies, Halo, or any such games on the box, you'd know that they're actually really easy to pick up, and quite enjoyable. I have played Halo on Xbox and PC, and I can't do it on PC, it's just so natural and....right feeling on the Xbox.

I consider myself lucky, I'm open enough to play games on Consoles AND PC :p

If you've ever played Crimson skies, Halo, or any such games on the box, you'd know that they're actually really easy to pick up, and quite enjoyable. I have played Halo on Xbox and PC, and I can't do it on PC, it's just so natural and....right feeling on the Xbox.

I consider myself lucky, I'm open enough to play games on Consoles AND PC :p

Thank you, Ckc, for returning hope into my heart...

... Like i said, there's no logical reason not to make it for PC, but then i saw it negative and now i see it positive...

EDIT: @ ET, yes i have played Halo on Xbox, and i must say that i'm totally lost without a mouse. I mean, c'mon, you try sniping a moving target with two control sticks! then try again wiht a mouse, and then you will succeed...

Thank you, Ckc, for returning hope into my heart...

... Like i said, there's no logical reason not to make it for PC, but then i saw it negative and now i see it positive...

EDIT: @ ET, yes i have played Halo on Xbox, and i must say that i'm totally lost without a mouse. I mean, c'mon, you try sniping a moving target with two control sticks! then try again wiht a mouse, and then you will succeed...

ET, yes i have played Halo on Xbox, and i must say that i'm totally lost without a mouse. I mean, c'mon, you try sniping a moving target with two control sticks! then try again wiht a mouse, and then you will succeed...

I got that going on too...cept the otherway around. I find the 2 control sticks easier, it was a tad difficult to get used to at first, now I own EVERYBODY. Seriously, I was playing a 2 on 1 game against my cousin and my brother(I was the one) in a game of CTF. I scored 4 points before the got pissed at started using the ole' 'Cloak and Rocket Launcher' tactic. Loosers.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

ET, yes i have played Halo on Xbox, and i must say that i'm totally lost without a mouse. I mean, c'mon, you try sniping a moving target with two control sticks! then try again wiht a mouse, and then you will succeed...

I got that going on too...cept the otherway around. I find the 2 control sticks easier, it was a tad difficult to get used to at first, now I own EVERYBODY. Seriously, I was playing a 2 on 1 game against my cousin and my brother(I was the one) in a game of CTF. I scored 4 points before the got pissed at started using the ole' 'Cloak and Rocket Launcher' tactic. Loosers.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Originally posted by Kain

I got that going on too...cept the otherway around. I find the 2 control sticks easier, it was a tad difficult to get used to at first, now I own EVERYBODY.

Same here, it's so much easier for me to be precise with those control sticks, the mouse seems so unweildly and innacurate. :dozey:

Originally posted by Kain

I got that going on too...cept the otherway around. I find the 2 control sticks easier, it was a tad difficult to get used to at first, now I own EVERYBODY.

Same here, it's so much easier for me to be precise with those control sticks, the mouse seems so unweildly and innacurate. :dozey:

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Funny, I played against a few of my friends in Xbox Halo. 'tis sucked with the joystick, how can you guys aim with it?

Bet you guys have shaky hands and mouse sensitivity set to max, or otherwise you must've been born with controllers in your hands and practiced with them ever since, i see no other way how you can be preciser with a controlstick...

Anyway, i'll continue being totally disturbed by the Starwars kid/ninja retard... this keeps getting weirder and weirder...

Archived